Curious about 4lb weighted gloves...

*~Jessica~*

Cathlete
Does anyone here use them and are they happy with them? Not really liking the reviews on the web page....but I REALLLLLY want them. any info would be greatly appreciated :)

I have them but never use them because they're too hard to get the weights in & out of. Instead, I'll use the wrap-around 1 pound wrist weight with the 1pound glove. Maybe if I kept at it long enough, I would get better at it. This way, if I want to go down 1 pound, I just remove the wrap-around wrist weight, which is quick & easy!

they're too hard to get the weights in & out of.

That's how I feel. Each glove has 4, 1/2 pound weights (they feel like sandbags, but IDK what's actually in there). I made the mistake of lowering the weights in the glove to 1 pound each to do a kickboxing video (taking out 2 of those little 1/2 pound weights per glove), and after the workout I couldn't cram the weights back into the gloves...had to wait for DH to come home and do it, and even then he had a tough time with it and almost broke the zipper. I'm on the market for different weight gloves. This has been the first Fitness By Cathe product that I have not been completely satisfied with--which is saying a lot, since my workout room is almost filled exclusively by Cathe products.

The one thing I DO like about the gloves is that they fit my very small hands. I remember before I bought them reading reviews that complained that they fit small. Well, they do, but if you have tiny hands like me that's a good thing.

I have them and I also have problems loading all four weights in each glove. It was mentioned in an earlier post that the zippers tend to break. My right hand glove zipper broke this week.

I like mine but I agree it's a pain getting all the sandbags in once I have to get the 4th one crammed in there. But I can do it, it just takes a minute. I don't zip the gloves when I've got all four bags in b/c I can see how the zipper would break. They fit in so tightly they haven't fallen out w/ the zipper undone. This way I make sure it won't break.

Like Lisa, I have pretty small hands but based on the reviews I ordered the L/XL and I'm glad I did. They fit really snug I wouldn't have been able to get them on and off quickly if they were any smaller. Overall, I'm glad I have them. I couldn't get my weight loads right for STS if I didn't have them.

I appreciate all the replies!! I think I will go ahead and order them but purchase the L seeing as they seem to run very small! Cant wait for the new series to be delivered;)

I absolutely LOVE mine :) I agree that it's hard to put the bags back in... but it's not impossible. I just LOVE how they make kickboxing more challenging :) They are my favourite pieces of equipment! I take them EVERYWHERE with me :)

I love mine, but I don't change the weights. I had the 2# (1# each) gloves before I purchased the 4# (2# each). I just change gloves instead of messing with getting the bags in and out.

I like mine too. I agree with above posts about getting the weights back in. I just take my time and don't zipper them so I don't take the chance of it breaking. Good idea about having the 2 pound gloves and just changing them.

Regina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.