CTX Leaner Legs, OMG!

tigerb8

Cathlete
I've been very much out of my routine for about the past nine months. I'd do well for a few weeks and then BAM, no motivation again and nothing for weeks at a time. Well, I'm finally back into it and let me tell you that a 9 month hiatus wrecks havoc on ones strength and endurance.

I started out with the CTX series so I could ease back into the cardio at only 30 minutes. I've done Leaner Legs twice and I'll be honest with you, it has just about killed me both times. I use much less weight than Cathe & crew and by the time I get to the lunges and plie squats I'm using no weights and not doing all the reps.

All I can say is those girls in the videos obviously have legs and butts of steel. I can hardly walk today and tomorrow will be worse because my DOMS is always worse on the 2nd day after heavy lifting.

Leaner Legs will definitely bring leaner legs.

Just thought I'd share my pain.

Tracy

LL always gets me good too! I never have as much weight as Cathe and crew and by the lunges and plie squats my legs are so wobbley! I asked Cathe about how they do it once in "Ask Cathe" and she said its amazing what you can do with a camera crew in front of you for motivation!

Mary

I've often wondered if working out in a group setting (like having a camera crew in front of you) would make me get a few more reps in or jump little higher or whatever, you know what I mean. I've always worked out at home by myself but have always been curious about that. Seems Cathe is motivated by it.

I find the sit n stands in this workout to be the toughest. I have to take a little break in between reps!! I hope I will eventually keep pace with Cathe and crew!!

Oh yeah that is a goodie. It's worth buying CTX just for that workout. But I think Butts and Gutts is even tougher. I think that's the toughest lower body workout yet.

>I've often wondered if working out in a group setting (like
>having a camera crew in front of you) would make me get a few
>more reps in or jump little higher or whatever, you know what
>I mean. I've always worked out at home by myself but have
>always been curious about that. Seems Cathe is motivated by
>it.
>

Working out in a group environment definitely helps me to squeeze out those last few reps that, on certain days, I might bail on at home. I've been an instructor and a participant at the gym and can definitely say that a well timed, *grimace-wink-smile* goes a long way to motivating and being motivated. The collective energy in a fitness room can be an amazingly positive thing.

I agree that LL is BRUTAL!! (but in the good way;-) )

Take Care
Laurie:)

Tracey,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm sort of in the same boat as you are. I was just getting back on the horse (working out consistently) in January, had a great month of workouts, up until about the 6th of February. Then we went on a week vacation to visit the family - no working out there. Then, when I got home, BAM (I think you've mentioned hearing this??) - I got hit with the wickedest (is that a word?) cold I think I've ever had in my life. And I grew up in the north, so colds were common in my youth! Not as bad as the flu, but, man - I was down for 18 days....yikes! So I decided yesterday that CTX would be perfect to ease myself back into working out. Let me commiserate with you that the 30 minute cardio is very deceptive, I was SO huffing and puffing. I don't really even want to say what was happening during the weight portions - I think Cathe once described having an out of body experience...it was close to that. (And I haven't done LL yet!) I am once again humbled by Miss Cathe and her crew. Just thought I'd share, and also say that if we keep going, we will soon be at the point of looking back on this experience and saying to ourselves "Boy, I remember this workout kicking my butt not too long ago!" In a good way, of course!

Thanks for sharing, I needed to see that I'm not the only one getting back on the horse.

Take Care,

Tricia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.