CRUISES

Macska
When is your cruise? and are you going to the bahamas? I am trying to plan a furst time cruise also and want to do the dolphin thing but I have seen they only offer it at like 3 places, bahamas being one of them and mexico another. Thanks. Whoever has been to Belize...I was discouraged to go here by my cousin (who works with the airline and travels quite often) who said it was nice to see but nor much more to do there. Does anyone agree? I have always wanted to go for some reason.

My cruise is the 9 night Western Caribbean. The stops are:

Labadee -- parasailing and waveriding
Ocho Rios, Jamaica -- climbing
Gran Cayman -- all sort of water sports
Grand Bahamas -- dolphin swim

www.royalcaribbean.com

Nancy,

My travel agent mentioned the average age for the Alaskan Cruise, but since school is out I can't imagine that to be true.

We're going on the glacier tour w/dog sledding. Also, a whale watch trip with Captain Larry (I needed to book that on my own). The other excursion I have been hearing really good reviews for is the Misty Fjords seaplane in Ketchikan which is another pricey trip. We are going to do each one of these in the 3 ports and then explore the town.

It's funny yesterday I was having my hair done and when I mentioned our Alaskan trip, the girl was like What made you pick there for vacation? I guess to some people its wouldn't be a fun trip. I can't wait.

Debbie

Mari,

First of all our cell phones did not work on the ship..they did work at a few of the ports..but at sea we had nothing...I have heard that some ships have added cell phone service..but I am unsure of this..

Our cruise was just my hubby and I..but I did see a lot of people using those walkie-talkie's with their kids..how old are your children??

:)

Macska,

Our cell phones worked in St. Thomas but not in Cozumel. We did not opt for International service with our cell plan.

Debbie,
What are you going to wear? I'm thinking of buying some stretchy yoga-type pants, maybe also in a capri for warmer days. I hear the temps will range in the 60s and 70s. I think I'll do layering for the tops: t-shirts, polartec, and nylon shell. Some kind of really comfy sneaker-type shoe. I have a lot of shopping to do!! I'm going to look at the LL Bean Traveller catalogue.

I think we're going to bypass the dress-up dinners all together because the packing is just too complicated. Since we have a large group, we can be our own dress-down table, or just eat in the restaurants.

Never having gone a cruise, I can't really give advice, but I have been to and love the Caribbean. DH and I have gone to St John,USVI, about 5 times. We like to get where we are going and spend the week laying on the beach. The laid-back atmosphere is so calming. And the snorkeling is great.

Nancy, my parents took DH and I to Alaska about 22 years ago (before kids). We didn't cruise, but did ride the state run ferry thru the Inside Passage. It was beautiful. I loved Juneau, although it may be very different now.

Debbie and Nancy and others - hope you all have a wonderful time!

Nancy,
I'm going to layer my clothes too. I'll bring warm-up type outfits for the day. Last minute we decided to go to a formal night, just because the boys never really have the opportunity to dress up. I rented tux's for them because they only have jeans. I heard the Alaskan cruise is the most casual of all the cruises.

I think the weather will be spring like in Alaska, which we missed out on this year in the northeast.

Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.