Crossfire or Afterburn?

Zora1

I'm not new to Cathe, but am coming back from an exercise hiatus and am looking to add another (non-step) cardio DVD to my collection. I'm trying to decide between Afterburn and Crossfire and would love to hear people's opinions - thanks!

I'm not new to Cathe, but am coming back from an exercise hiatus and am looking to add another (non-step) cardio DVD to my collection. I'm trying to decide between Afterburn and Crossfire and would love to hear people's opinions - thanks!

I love Afterburn. It fries me every time I do it. I try to fit it in at least twice a month. Yup, I'm still coming back for more. I do like Crossfire too, but Afterburn is my favorite.

They are both worth owning but I suggest crossfire for the same reason stated above.

Crossfire has more variety in terms of the content.
It is more versatile and I have used more than afterburn.

Friendly warning: In afterburn, there are many plank moves, including walking plank. you may feel it in your wrist, at least at the first attempt. I suggest you wear a wag if you have a pair!

HTH:)

Last edited:
I love them both, too. I agree that Crossfire wins on pre-mixes, however, I think that Afterburn is my favourite. It is so different from any other workouts I own, whereas Crossfire is similar to quite a few. Afterburn tests me in a way unlike anything else - my hip flexors really take a bashing! Crossfire is a good all-round metabolic workout, but doesn't leave me with quite the same 'burn'!

I have to mentally prepare for Afterburn. It's THAT kind of tough.....like X10!! I love Crossfire and To The Max also. They move fast, have a lot of variety & burn a lot of calories too! Sorry...I not helping at all am I?

We like it INTENSE tlc93;-) ;-)

Last edited:
I love them both, but Crossfire has more premixes, and one of them is a lower impact premix which is great. But you cannot go wrong with either one.

And therein lies the slippery slope . . . . . . in a momentary lapse of self-control, I also became the proud owner of HiiT UB Circuit, HiiT Exercise (did 30/30 this morning - AWESOME!!!!), X10, Crossfire, and Tabatacise. :D Oh, and also STS Total Body - my MM, ME, HR, & PH needed some company, too. ;)

Thank god for the daily deal and coupon codes!!!:eek:

Money well spent indeed. I used to have a HUGE wish list. Daily deals and coupons plus sales at Total Fitness DVDs.......I'm happy! Good for you! Have fun with them! You have excellent taste in workouts!

Love Afterburn. It is a unique kind of workout. I get bored during Crossfire, lots of the same old, same old, one right after the other. I find a wider variety of movement types in Afterburn. I also find Afterburn easier than Crossfire: am I the only one?

Clare

I actually find Crossfire "easier " because it is constantly moving from segment to segment. So I guess when I say easier I mean it mentally distracts me more. Because both leave me in a puddle of sweat. That being said, I think they are both great workouts and you can't go wrong with either if your goal is to sweat profusely. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.