CrossFire and To The Max Premixes?

AuntNi

Just curious if anyone does the CF or TTM premixes? I did the July 2012 rotation with a combo of those two three times a week, and it about killed me! I would love to incorporate them like in the April 2013 rotation, but I just cannot face the thought of doing the whole DVD - like maybe ever again!

I do love the fact that there are so many Premixes on those DVDs, but I'm torn which one(s) to try. I'd love to hear if you have a favorite!

I've never done the whole DVD (To the Max).
In fact, I rarely do all of a Cathe workout from beginning to end. I tend to prefer the premixes.

For TTM, I kind of make my own. I do all 3 tabatas, and the HiiT routine.

I HATE HATE HATE the solid step work. My legs can't take that many repeaters on one side. Or anything on one side for that long. So I skip it every time.
And given the amount of leg work involved in the cardio portions, I don't feel a need to do additional leg work later on.

So I'm with you!
And based on my Polar, I'm still frying off about 400 calories with my personal premix above. That's good enough for me!

I always have a tough time choosing a premix when I do To the Max for some reason. In fact, I'll often do the extreme premix on that one cause I love it so much. I have done the premix with the 30/20 Hiit only, however with TTM I find I need to do the Solid Step portion before anything else. The impact of 30/20 Hiit was too much for me right out of the warm up. The Solid Step segment builds off the warm up nicely for me so I'm really ready to go for the rest after I complete that one.

Now Crossfire, on the other hand, is my absolute go to disc when I want a short Hiit routine before I do leg work. That has been my new thing lately...doing about 15-20 minutes of Hiit before heavy lower body weight training. I've been getting fantastic results! My favorites are:
1. Fitness Blast + firewalker tabata
2. Firewalker tabata only
3. Plyo + firewalker tabata

As you can see, any excuse to do the firewalker tabata basically! LOL :eek:

Hiit premixe prior to heavy lift

I always have a tough time choosing a premix when I do To the Max for some reason. In fact, I'll often do the extreme premix on that one cause I love it so much. I have done the premix with the 30/20 Hiit only, however with TTM I find I need to do the Solid Step portion before anything else. The impact of 30/20 Hiit was too much for me right out of the warm up. The Solid Step segment builds off the warm up nicely for me so I'm really ready to go for the rest after I complete that one.

Now Crossfire, on the other hand, is my absolute go to disc when I want a short Hiit routine before I do leg work. That has been my new thing lately...doing about 15-20 minutes of Hiit before heavy lower body weight training. I've been getting fantastic results! My favorites are:

Hi everyone,

Same here. I have found myself reaching for To the max and Cross fire premixes at least once per week since it has been released:):):)

In all honesty Hiit are short, effective to increase the VO2 max capacity, they melt layers of fat and create an afterburn effect therefore burning more calories 24 hours later. So how can i not possibly love it? :D:D

Hiit is the way to go ;)

All the best,

The premixes on CF and TTM are excellent. I also like the ones on Intensity. Any of the shorter ones are great add-ons if you do a steady-state step workout.

My favorite is CF's Plyo/Firewalker PM. :) It's long enough to matter but not so long that you feel like your heart/legs will give out.

Never thought of doing some HIIT before my leg routines. Going to try this out! Thanks for sharing!!!!

o...glad i came across this thread~ will start doing premixes few times a week from CF...need to work more on my step skills before doing TTM..

Thanks so much for the great replies, everyone! I do love HIIT, but just cannot manage it more than 2x a week. Maybe I'm getting old? :( I talked with a friend who's a exercise physiology professor PhD, and she said the same thing - gave me a friendly admonishment for attempting HIIT 3x/week.

My current fave is 1-2 Tabatas before a steady-state step. I also love the Cardio Leg Blast. I will try an Intensity premix tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Nichole

I did the Cross Fire Lower Impact premix last night. I've had to make the tough decision to take out the really high impact. This Lower Impact premix is really nice, and I still get the flavor of Cross Fire, even if I lose the killer cardio. Don't get me wrong, it's still an excellent workout. Just not anywhere near as tough as the original. I'm just very happy that Cathe is including lower impact options in so many of her new workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.