Creatine Recommendations

Now when you take the pill form do you take it everyday? What brand do you take?
I take 3 pills ( suggested dose) prior to each w/o. They come 60/ bottle. It is made by Muscletech. I have not researched really, just seemed convenient! Others may be more knowledgeable! Many swear by the stuff, and I have been making gains, and it seems to be the one universally recommended supplement. Hope it is effective, whichever form you use..good luck!

I was given some creatine to try, and at first I reacted very badly! What I discovered is that I needed to start with a very low dose, and that I'm better taking it after food, dissolved in warm water. I have some capsules which I pull apart and empty into the water.

I learned in quite a drastic way that too much too soon upset my tummy!

It's too soon to say whether I've noticed any improvement in my performance (I've just started a new rotation, so difficult to judge).

I use this one, I like it and feel it's helping me get my muscle back. It's a new product in this line, so I've only been using it for a short time. No artificial colors or sweeteners though and I like that. I remember wayyyyyy back in the day, they used to have this liquid creatine with a dropper, I remember seeing it in Oxygen magazine.. it was supposed to help with the bloat.. I probably just dated myself with that!! :) haha!!

I like the one I'm using now, no tummy issues.

http://www.isagenix.com/en-US/products/categories/individual-items/amped-power

I also read that now they believe it could help when your doing workouts such as Hiit because it is an intense way of training.

Ivy, I heard that too! I think they are finding more and more good as time goes on. I think a lot of women tend to shy away from it though.. they still worry about getting too big... haha, not this crowd tho, we want more muscle!!!

It has been hard to keep myself away from this thread.

I am not taking any at the moment but now considering taking some. I thought taking Branch Amino Acid was enough!
@dawn9222 Since you have mentioned Hiit and Weight, what difference did you notice?:)
:)

I take NOW brand creatine monohydrate powder dissolved in water after food (some carbs help muscle creatine uptake). I take it every day. Like Justine, my understanding is that it builds up in your system.
I have seen improvements, especially with higher volume heavy weights.
I gain water with creatine, but its not PMS-type belly bloat. It's your muscles holding more water. It doesn't make me 'feel fat', but I do see an uptick on the scale.
HTH,
Roz

It has been hard to keep myself away from this thread.

I am not taking any at the moment but now considering taking some. I thought taking Branch Amino Acid was enough!
@dawn9222 Since you have mentioned Hiit and Weight, what difference did you notice?:)
:)

The line I'm using now is pretty new to me, so haven't been using it too long, but I just feel a better pump with it if I'm doing straight weight training.. also with HIIT, I just feel like it helps my muslces not fatigue as quick, get a better burn in the muscle.. if that makes sense. I had taken creatine in pill form before too and from what I remember back then is that my muscles just felt fuller and stronger. As MomInVT said, your muscles retain water and they will feel fuller. I take amino acids with glutamine too for recovery, the other thing that I found amazing, was Beta Alanine.. I loved that stuff when I was in crossfit! I used to take ON Amino Energy drink, but quit that because it has so many artificial sweeteners and colors.. I'm trying to stay away from that now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.