Creatine Monohydrate

britgirl

Cathlete
Hi Cathe Red Bull Girl here!! Ha Ha!!! Anyway I need your advice on Creatine Monohydrate. I read it was good for you no stimulants steroids etc... and that it aids in recovery and strength so I bought the Creatine Fruit Punch drink mix and mix a scoop with 8oz water after my workouts. However it irritates my stomach makes me gassy and bloated and finally yesterday I told DH don't think I can take this any more. I also read they make a special creatine formula just for women as what I have been feeling is common side effect in women. What do you think?? Abandon all together or try the women's formula?? I feel I am getting stronger but not sure if it was creatine or just me improving with time. Would love to know what you think. Am SO hoping to make the road trip!!! I am psyched for it!!!
Teresa

Hi Teresa! Gosh, it has been years since I have tried Creatine Monohydrate. My recollection of it is that it made me very bloated. I did notice some strength gains however the bloatedness was more than I could handle so I stopped using it. I am not familiar with the women's formula so unfortunately I can't comment. My advice is to go with your gut (no pun intended :) )

Thanks Cathe!!! Today I did Gym Style BSB and did not take creatine afterwards. I feel good!!! No bloating and my stomach feels normal again. I guess my gut just told me what to do from now on!! Again no pun intended!!! Thanks I just needed to hear from an expert!! Have a nice weekend!!! Teresa

Hi again Cathe just an after thought. The womens creatine formula is called Kre-a-Fem and is made by All American EFX. I found it on bodybuilding.com in case you want to read about it sometime as you said you were unfamiliar with it. It guarantees to eliminate the bloating. Anyway just wanted to at least tell you the name of it. Teresa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.