CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR AUG 19, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I ended up doing 4DS BC plus abs from 4DS KB! I had no engery yesterday.

I will do cardio today, haven't decited what yet?

Nice job, everyone on your workouts! I will try to keep up with everyone again;) BBL!

Today was cardio and I chose the Cardio Power premix of 4DS Low Impact Step and High Impact Step. I wanted to get abs in so I stopped at around 45 minutes into the workout. My HR monitor died on me. I knew it would. I keep forgetting to get battaries for it. It just wouldn't hold my HR so I ended up taking it off. I'll get new battaries this weekend.

I chose Step, Jump & Pump for the ab work.

Had a pretty good workout, I really like LIS. HIS is ok, but some of the steps are tricky. I think that was the workout I twisted my ankle on.

Hi ladies - rocked out another morning workout. I did MMA Kickboxing (minus the core stuff) then DH and I went for a sweaty run (it's super humid again and was already 81 at 6am). I was only able to do a little over 2 miles b/c I ran out of time. Darn work getting in the way of my running time. It's not light enough to safely get out and run until almost 6 now. Really annoyed about that. I don't feel safe running in the dark b/c I am very accident prone.

Roxie - love getting new workout stuff. Sounds like a pleasant way to get in a workout too - a ride with the hubs.

Belinda - good job with your workout yesterday even with low energy and Imax today - woohoo!

Nora - awesome as always. Do you ever get tired of hearing that?

Chris - love it that you are still enjoying TF!

Debbie - nicely done with the cardio. I really am not a huge fan of the cardio from 4DS. I like some of the dancier moves in the step, but never feel like it's really all that intense of a workout. I hate in HIS all the chaseing (shawsay) she does around the step. What's up with that?

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Nora - Nice workouts yesterday! You rock girl. And thanks about my weights. Honestly, that is pretty light for me. I'm trying to be careful due to all my aches and pains right now. Hope you have a fabulous Thursday! :D

Chris - Actually, with this round of STS, I haven't been sore much. Kind of bums me out. My legs right now are not sore at all, which is quite unusual. I don't get it.

Belinda - Nice workouts yesterday and today! IMAX 3 - I need to dig that one out again. I loved the step part of that workout.

Heather - Your kicking butt with the morning workouts! Nice job girl! Damn work, don't you hate that it interferes with our lives so much? And I agree about HIS, it is too much shuffly stuff and over the step stuff. I get confused, then I get frustrated, then I stop the workout. LOL!!!

Roxie - What Nora said last night is dead on. I've learned this summer that I can't obsess over losing weight constantly. My body obviously doesn't want to do that right now. I feel as long as I'm working out and eating healthy AND feeling good, that's all that matters at this point. I find that I'm constantly trying to lose weight. Why? All my clothes still fit so what's the deal? We can't keep beating ourselves up constantly about our bodies. It's just not healthy. Try to get a more positive look on yourself and see if that helps. Work it well, feed it well. That's all that matters.

Good Morning,

Since DH and I went for the bike ride last night I will do CLX Lean Phase 2 tonite and I really need to do some ab work. Sorry to say I ended the day with 985 calories yesterday, I didn't have time to pack all my snacks for the day.

Belinda-I need to do that step workout more I really like that one.

Heather-its nice that DH and I found something we can do together and that he enjoys doing, it felt really good nice and cool. Good job with your workout today.

Debbie-I will try to not let the numbers on the scale discourage me from working out. I really like and my body prefers more cardio and I am just not doing enough right now. Thanks for the encouragement. Good job getting those abs done, I like the step from 4ds LIS but not HIS.

Today is the last day of "Recovery Week" on the TF rotation. I did CORE 20 (very challenging ab work with the resistance band) and then STRETCH 40. It feels WEIRD to do Yoga/stretching for 40 minutes. I'm not used to spending that much time on it. But it does feel good !!

Nice job on workouts, girls!!

Debbie: Wow, no DOMS from yesterday? amazing! how's your hip feel with that leg work?

Heather: I can't even remember doing a series of workouts for 8 + weeks and still be in love with it. Except for STS. I felt that way about STS too!

Nora: Disco days! Yes, My almost 15 year old can get VERY anti-parent social. it hurts, doesn't it?

Gotta run....Off to take our 2 youngest for mini golf!!

Chris - The only thing that bothers my hip flexor is my treadmill. Any other cardio is fine and weight training as well. Cool on your recovery week! I need to start doing some 40 minute yoga/stretch workouts.

Hi everyone!

Being in Maine all day yesterday was fab-u-lous!!! Spent the entire day either in the pool, in the ocean or walking around downtown Ogunquit. Good times...:D We were tired when we got home, though. All that relaxing is exhausting!!! Decided to sleep in this morning but I'm itching to get a workout in. A circuit just might do the trick.

Belinda - Nice job on the Imax 3 interval premix. I like the step-only premix, but the intervals scare me a little.

Heather - Sorry to hear that the humidity made a come-back. Just think of how many workouts we could get in if we didn't have to work...:p

Debbie - You are so right. Sometimes I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with my body. And it's quite exhausting to be honest. I have even gotten to the point that when I shop for pants and buy the size that I never thought I'd ever where, I'm actually disappointed when I try them on and they FIT. Shouldn't I be happy about that? Instead, I beat myself up because in my mind they should be too big. CRAZY.

Roxie - 985 calories...:eek: How many calories are you supposed to be eating? I have to plan my entire day's meals the day before or I'm doomed.

Chris - are you enjoying the recovery week? I really need to incorporate more stretching.

Hi Nora, Jolene & Jessica.

Hi everyone!

Being in Maine all day yesterday was fab-u-lous!!! Spent the entire day either in the pool, in the ocean or walking around downtown Ogunquit. Good times...:D We were tired when we got home, though. All that relaxing is exhausting!!! Decided to sleep in this morning but I'm itching to get a workout in. A circuit just might do the trick.

Belinda - Nice job on the Imax 3 interval premix. I like the step-only premix, but the intervals scare me a little.

Heather - Sorry to hear that the humidity made a come-back. Just think of how many workouts we could get in if we didn't have to work...:p

Debbie - You are so right. Sometimes I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with my body. And it's quite exhausting to be honest. I have even gotten to the point that when I shop for pants and buy the size that I never thought I'd ever where, I'm actually disappointed when I try them on and they FIT. Shouldn't I be happy about that? Instead, I beat myself up because in my mind they should be too big. CRAZY.

Roxie - 985 calories...:eek: How many calories are you supposed to be eating? I have to plan my entire day's meals the day before or I'm doomed.

Chris - are you enjoying the recovery week? I really need to incorporate more stretching.

Hi Nora, Jolene & Jessica.

Melissa-according to Debbie's calculations I am suppose to be eating around 1500, but I have a real hard time some days getting all those cals in and I need to get better about planning my meals but sometimes in the morning I am lucky to even pack a lunch.

Melissa-according to Debbie's calculations I am suppose to be eating around 1500, but I have a real hard time some days getting all those cals in and I need to get better about planning my meals but sometimes in the morning I am lucky to even pack a lunch.

I know it's hard, Roxie. I finally got myself into the habit of getting all my "work" food ready on Sunday night for the whole week. It's quite a site to see me walk in every Monday morning with my huge bag 'o food!!! I pretty much eat the same breakfast, lunch & 2 snacks every day during the week. That way that calorie count is the same and then I can fool around a little with dinner until I get to 1400-1500 calories. Weekends? Now that's a different animal all together...:eek:

Hi girls~;)

Yay! I'm checking in early today!

Here's today's workout:

KCM-30 Min to Fitness Kickboxing- Workout#1 = 30 Min
Calories burned= 287
Met Value= 7.0

KCM 30 min to Fitness-LIFT- Workout#2- Power Sculpting= 29 Min
Calories burned= 238
Met Value= 6.0

Turbo Fire- CORE 20= 20 min
Calories burned= 123
Met Value= 4.50

Total Calories burned from today's workout= 648;)

I had a fun workout today and I'm really enjoying my new KCM workouts. Have a great day ladies and I'll be back later for personals.;)

Hugs and Hello's to everyone!;):cool:

Nora

hi ladies

just checking in from vacation, the kids are having a blast. Before we left on monday I got in a quick treadmill workout and on Tues, Wed. and today I did a 30 minute water workout. I did 5 minute intervals of treading water and running in neck deep water while pushing arms out in front. Not sure if it is an effective workout but at least it's something.

Good Evening,

Tonite I did CLX Lean Phas 2 and my shoulders are killing me then I did TJ Ab Jam Standing Abs:

Sumo Squat w/Anterior Deltoid Lift-15lbs/12 reps (up 3lbs).
Double Arm Row w/Single Leg Lift-15lbs/6 reps both legs (up 3lbs).
Single Hamstring Curls w/Lateral Raise-7lbs/6 reps both legs (up 2lbs).
Runners Lunge w/Double Arm Row-15lbs/6 reps both legs.
Lateral Raise w/Abduction-7lbs/12 reps (up 2lbs).
Plank w/Single Arm Row-8lbs/12 reps both arms.
Reverse Lunge w/Lateral Raise-8lbs/10 reps (need to go lighter next time).
Posterior Deltoid Raise w/Leg Lift-7lbs/12 reps both legs and arms (up 2lbs).
Squat w/Double Arm Anterior Delt Lift-7lbs/10 reps (up 2lbs).

Stats:
39 min
36 in the zone
141 min hr
173 max hr
261 cals burned.

Abs:
9 min
8 in the zone
141 min hr
166 max hr
60 cals burned.

Hi girls!;) I'm back for personals.

Belinda- Awesome job with yesterday's 4DS BC plus abs from 4DS KB that's a great workout! Glad you enjoyed it. Today you did Imax 3 Premix Intervals 1-5! Oh man that's a killer workout, WTG!! Keep up the great job on your workouts, you rock!;)

Debbie- OMG! You said those are light weights for you:eek: You go girl!!Wow! You did Cardio Power premix of 4DS Low Impact Step and High Impact Step:eek: I haven't tried that one. I do have 4DS and have done those workouts individually but never tried to do them both. I had alot of problems with HIS the choreography was a bit too much for me and I kept feeling like the foot work was on mission to make me sprain my ankle, which was a successful mission BTW. So, needless to say I haven't done that one very often, it makes me feel injury proned about my ankles so I tend to avoid that. I do think that its a fun workout its just not very compatible with my MS balance and ankles. Too much off balance and quick balance shifts that don't work well for me. I love LIS that's awesome and I love all the weight work on 4DS very effective stuff. Great workout for you today! Your da bomb!;)

Heather- I'm accident prone to some what, I'm an accomplished clutz now with MS balance issues, so you can imagine.:p I love MMA Kickboxing, that's a fun workout. So you skipped the ab work on that and went for a two mile run, that sounds amazing! WTG!!!! Great workout for you today, keep up the hard work!;):cool:

Roxie- Great that you and DH went for a walk last night. Walking is a great exercise that when done briskly can really get ya a good sweat going. Nothing wrong with going for a walk. Another great way to kick up the calorie burn with a walk is to wear 1lb weighted gloves on each hand when you walk. When the weather gets wet and yucky you can even go inside and get your walk in. I know that most local malls will open their doors early for morning walkers before businesses open up to mall walkers. You can walk in the evenings as well, just as a side note and FYI. So tonight is CLX Lean Phase 2 and maybe some ab work. Sounds great to me, you are definitely on the right track. Keep up the great job with your fight for fitness. We're all right there with you in spirit urging you on. You can do it Roxie, your a star so let yourself shine!;)

Chris- I'm supposed to be on recovery week with TF! I'm following it but adding on KCM and stuff too. I can't handle the fourty minutes stretch either, it bugs me its just too long it seems. I did Core 20 today as well as other stuff. Core 20 is really a great ab workout, it suprises you because of the tubing but Chalene does make it challenging. Regarding the anti-social with parents thing, yes that bothers me a lot and it does hurt. I keep hoping he'll grow out of that soon. He's a good kid but sort of oblivious to us parents its all about him and his friends right now. I guess that's somewhat to be expected but I was never so disrespectful and was not one to discount older people. I spent birth to nine years old living with my grandparents. They provided a very stable strong foundation for me I always feel that older people are a wealth of information and experiences I can only benefit from learning from. My grandparent were very much that way I never felt once that they were old and didn't know anything, unlike my son does towards me and his father,ugh! My mother and I were a nightmare she was not a fit parent and abusive. I had to be an adult at a young age so I really don't get the resentment my teen has and this huge sense of entitlement and lack of awareness or consideration for others he has. Its tough, I try to remember for kids that have benefit of a normal home environment that are teens often behave this way. I don't know about you but I'll take terrible two's or ferious fours over this. LOL!!:p:D

Melissa- Oh you lucky girl! I've never been to Maine. It sounds like heaven and a wonderful day for you. I think circuit workouts are a great thing to add in the mix and very time efficient as well. I hope you had a great circuit workout today and enjoyed your time in Maine. WTG!!

Andrea- Bravo, for squeezing in a workout on your vacation that's great. ^^^5's and extra hugs for that! WTG!!!:cool::)

Ok girls, that's it for me tonight. Have a great evening and great job on all your workouts. ;)

Hugs and Hello's to everyone and a special shout out to Jessica and Jolene wishing them great workouts and great evenings. ;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.