CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR AUG 13, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

My rotation calls for SC CCC today, but my back is bordering me this morning. Not sure, if it's a good idea to do all those high impact moves. I will do something low impact today, not sure what yet? Maybe I just slept wrong? Next week is my recovery week, can't wait.

BTW, DS still haven't decited what/where he wants to go this weekend? Aww....

I will be back to report my workout.

My best to all. You all rocking your workouts. Keep up the good work! BBL!

TGIF! Today will be my rest day.

Nora - glad you're still enjoying TF!

Belinda - go easy today and don't hurt your back!

Waves to everyone!

Good morning. Sorry I was MIA yesterday...

Heather - enjoy your rest day!

Belinda - are you looking forward to your recovery week? I'm taking one the week of the 23rd and I'm really looking forward to it...:D

Last night I did 4DS HIS. It took everything I had not to do Athletic Step, but I think I like HIS just as much. Tonight is a circuit. I'll either go with Boot Camp (Intensity Series) or LIC depending on my mood..;)

I so don't want to be at work today. DD and my niece are with my mom today and they are going shopping and out to lunch. I would really rather be with them...:( Oh well, mama's gotta work!!

Hi to everyone. BBL!!

Today was Meso 3, Week 1, Disc 27, Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. This is one long workout. Glad it was on a Friday when I'm off from work. I changed some of the exercises, especially with triceps, because the ones Cathe does I have to question. For instance, in grouping 2, she does one-arm overhead tricep extensions - why not do both arms at the same time? It saves time, especially for an already long workout. And for grouping 3, I did Close Grip Barbell Press instead of Cross-Body Extensions because how can you go heavy with CBE? This is suppose to be a strength Meso cycle, CBE is not a strenth building exercise. Plus that exercise hurts my right shoulder.

So this is what I did:

Approximately 1 minute rest between each exercise and grouping.

Warmup:
Standing Barbell Front Press - 25#/15 reps
Standing Barbell Front Press - 30#/12 reps

Workout:
Standing Barbell Front Press - 45#/8 reps
Barbell Curl - 55#/8 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Dumbbell Extension - 20's/8 reps
***Did 4 sets of these exercises.

Seated Lateral Raise - 12's/8 reps
Incline Curls on Stability Ball - 20's for 1 set, 22's for 3 sets/8 reps
Double Arm Overhead Extension - 30#/8 reps

Seated Rear Delt Flyes - 15's/8 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 22's for 1 set, 25's for 3 sets/8 reps
Close Grip Barbell Press - 60#/8 reps

I'm sorry I haven't been able to do personals. Work was crazy this week and I just don't have the time. I sort of feel bad, wondering if I should even keep posting here or not. I feel bad when I can reply to things and give you all a pat on the back for a workout well done. Bums me out! :(

Hey Everyone!

Had a rough-ish night of sleep. Up every few hours with my son's blood sugar. tired.

Today is "Recovery Week" (week #8) of the Turbo Fire Rotation. It's all cardio and stretching. I needed to finish up my weight work though, so I did do the cardio, FIRE 45 EZ and then did PUB Back work. I really wanted to stop through most of the cardio. I just felt so tired. there were a few spots I was "into it and pushing it", but not many. I know it's just me and being tired. But I did get through it, and I felt better when i was done (or was it BECAUSE I was done?! LOL). Otherwise, it really is a fun workout, and AGAIN, the music is so fun and I'm singing "booty" and throwing fire! (You know what I mean, Nora!!).

Belinda: Take it easy with your back. CCC definitely is a tough one for back, it moves so quickly. Hope you find a good sub!

Nora: Glad you're still loving TF too! And you're also enjoying the new KCM workouts. I have slight DOMS in my lower end from Meso 2 Trisets yesterday. Just enough, the way I like it!

Debbie: It's hard to do cardio when you're not feeling it. That was me today too. But picking something you like and is fun helps!.... Edited to say , that was YESTERDAYS workout, Today I see you did weights! Ugh, I am tired!!!

Heather: YAY!! for rest day! . Did you see who got booted on Big Brother last night? :eek:

Melissa: Definitely HIS is fun AND AS, Tough choices!! but it's a win/win thing, right? Both LIC and BC are good circuits!!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to do personals. Work was crazy this week and I just don't have the time. I sort of feel bad, wondering if I should even keep posting here or not. I feel bad when I can reply to things and give you all a pat on the back for a workout well done. Bums me out! :(

Debbie - don't feel bad about personals! Just posting your workouts gives me inspiration. :D

Debbie - we all understand:) Please, keep posting. You really inspire me to work hard and heavy! BTW, Very impressive weights, girl!

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is CLX Lean Phase 3 and those abs I still haven't done. Went out with DD and her DH last night and had to many margaritas.

Belinda-hope DH decides soon what you are doing. Take it easy on that back.

Debbie-I miss it when you don't post on here so please don't stop your wts. give me something to work towards. We all understand life gets in the way.

Melissa-welcome back. I am impressed you can do 4ds HIS that one blows my mind.

Heather-enjoy your rest day.

Chris-sorry you had such a bad night but even though you didn't get much sleep you still had a good workout. NOW GO TAKE A NAP!

Good Afternoon Ladies,

This morning I did Cathe's bootcamp taped off fittv. I've been doing alot of abs lately and this morning felt really strong when I was doing the low planks with the hip dips and the side planks with the rotation. Thanks for making me keep up with my abs ladies. I feel good.

Heather - enjoy your rest day. You deserve it!!

Chris - hope your son is doing better. I know how tired those nights can be but great effort pushing through your workout this morning

Debbie - Don't feel bad about personals...I'm sure once school starts in 2 weeks (blahh!!!!) that I won't have much time either :(

Belinda - go easy today if your back hurts

Hi to everyone else...have a great day.

- Andrea

Good Afternoon Ladies,

This morning I did Cathe's bootcamp taped off fittv. I've been doing alot of abs lately and this morning felt really strong when I was doing the low planks with the hip dips and the side planks with the rotation. Thanks for making me keep up with my abs ladies. I feel good.

Heather - enjoy your rest day. You deserve it!!

Chris - hope your son is doing better. I know how tired those nights can be but great effort pushing through your workout this morning

Debbie - Don't feel bad about personals...I'm sure once school starts in 2 weeks (blahh!!!!) that I won't have much time either :(

Belinda - go easy today if your back hurts

Hi to everyone else...have a great day.

- Andrea

Andrea-good job with the abs.

Hi girls!;)

I just finished my workout, Phew!:eek:

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- Fire 55 EZ Class= 57 Min
Calories burned= 700
Met Value= 9.0

STS Disc 15- M2- W1- Back and Biceps= 54 Min
Calories burned= 442
Met Value= 6

Total calories burned from today's workout= 1142:eek::cool:

Its hot here temps in the 90's so its tough to workout when its like that but I just turn on the AC in the house and turn on the fan in my workout room and get it done. I don't care for sweltering miserable hot weather. MS and Hot weather do not play well together. I think its sort of like Superman and Kryptonite. LOL!!

I'll be back later for personals. Have wonderful Friday!:):cool:

Hugs!:)

Nora

Nora - 700 calories burned with the EZ class!!!! I love it. I have to get TF...but may be a longer wait then I hoped :(

Hi girls!;)

I'm back for personals,:)

Belinda- I'm sure you needed a rest day, no worries about not working out today. We all know you workout a lot. No, I didn't know about Bob Harper's rotation. I did go to the link you gave and printed out a copy of his rotation. Yes, I did get all his videos in this collection. I've only tried the abs yoga that was really good. I'm doing a Turbo Fire rotation right now and STS so I will get to it just not right away. Thanks for the info, I appreciate that news.;) Take it easy on your back and don't over do it, ok!;)

Heather- I know you definitely need the rest day, you've been kickin' butt big time in your workouts. Enjoy your well deserved rest day!;)

Melissa- Great workout last night!:) I see you plan to do a circuit workout tonight not sure if it will be either Boot camp from the intensity series or LIC? Either one is a killer workout and I have no doubt you'll be kickin' butt and burning tons of calories. Have a great workout!;):cool:

Debbie- Great idea to modify some of the exercises in Meso 3, Week 1, Disc 27, Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps to work better and more efficiently for you. I really can appreciate that sort of thinking especially to modify so it doesn't hurt your shoulder, that's smart! WTG!!! You are rocking' STS Meso 3, Week 1 Disc 27. I have to admit there is something going on with my right shoulder that always acts up with weight work. So, I have to be careful how heavy I go and not to do too much. Its disappointing because my left shoulder is uneffected and can go heavier but I don't want to hurt my right shoulder and be out of commission. Shoulder work I have to proceed with caution to be safe. Great weights too, I'm impressed!:eek::cool:;)

Chris- Wow! Your in week #8 with Turbo Fire!!! I'm right behind you I'm in week #7! I didn't realize there is a recovery week in week #8. I'll have to check out my class schedule. I am doing STS just started week 1 of Meso 2 and just finished week one today! This is my second go round with STS. I'm really enjoying it. Its good this time around I don't have to deal with getting the 1 R Max before starting it, I already did that before. I see you did Turbo Fire FIRE 45 EZ and then did PUB Back work that's an awesome combo! Bravo, girl!:cool: I know what you mean I so love TF and I'm in week 7 of it and still loving it and the music. I'm always smiling' the whole time I'm doing the workout and loving it. I'm glad that your still digging it and still on FIRE!!!:eek::) Sorry about your rough night with your son's blood sugars, that's tough. I hope tonight will goes much better for you and your son. Get a good nights sleep. ;):)

Roxie- I see you plan to do CLX Lean Phase 3 and abs tonight. Sounds great! I can't wait for you to try Turbo Fire and see what you think. I'd consult the Class Schedule and preview the first one. That's what I did. You'll have fun and catch on to the moves. It may take a time or two but its nothing to overly dancey but very doable and major fun!! Have a great night.;):)

Andrea- YAY!! You did Cathe's Boot camp , that's a killer workout. THat must be the original boot camp you mean from the intensity series. Yes, all of the intensity series are awesome must haves in my DVD fitness library as I have all of them. Excellent job with doing abs too! I know how hard that is its a trouble spot for me to so I can relate. Cathe's made me into a ab maniac. Don't get me wrong, I don't have six pack abs but I do work my abs alot and will eventually I refuse to give up!;) Great workout for you today, WTG!! :cool::);) Andrea, Chris and I both have Turbo Fire and love it. Definitely check out the infomercial at www.beachbody.com to view it is super fun and a really good workout. You will feel your core doing the workouts its great and the unique tubing Core 20 is great too. I love the idea of tubing because if your not that comfortable with weights you feel safe not intimidated and its awesome to have for travel, easy peasy workout to take on the road.

Ok, girls I know its late but I really wanted to come back tonight and do personals. You all are doing so awesome with your workouts, WTG ladies ^^^5's!!!:eek: See ya at tomorrow's check in!;)

Hugs to everyone! :);):cool:

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.