Cosmetic Bonding -

Fitness-MomX2

Hi Everyone-

I was wondering if anyone here has ever had Cosmetic Bonding done on there teeth. I was at the dentist today and the subject came up about closing my gap between my front teeth.
While this has been something that I have always wanted done, I am having my doubts. He did mention that it would make my front teeth slightly larger, but not that much ( my gap isn't that large ).

Has anyone had this done, and what are your thoughts on it?

Thanks in advance,

Jennifer ~
:)

I just had it done a couple of weeks ago. I have also done it in the past. It is true it will make your teeth slightly larger but not that much. It is a painless procedure. They put the bonding material on your teeth and then put a laser light on it for a few seconds. I am glad I did it. I look and feel a lot better. My DH also said I look much better. It does wear down after about 3-5 years (if I remember correctly) so you will have to get them rebonded.

Marcy

>I just had it done a couple of weeks ago. I have also done
>it in the past. It is true it will make your teeth slightly
>larger but not that much.

Hillary Duff must have a bad dentist, then, because her teeth look kind of 'horsey'now!

Kathryn, you cracked me up with this comment. Just wondering, what do you teach at the University? deb

I had this done about 5 years ago ... most people could hardly tell I had it done, BUT, I knew it was done and the gap was much less noticable to me, and this helped my confidence about my smile and presentation to the world. The little bit of wideness in the two front teeth isn't noticable at all. It was painless, took very little time, and it's been absolutely no problems since it was done. I understand it has a limited lifespan, but there's not been any noticable depreciation in the work so far. Even the color is a perfect match to my other teeth. I'll do it again once it needs to be replaced with no hesitation.

Thank you everyone for your response.

I have thought about it, and I think I am getting it done. I have an appt. this afternoon.
This has been something I have always wanted to get done for a long time. I think it would increase my self-esteem and confidence. I hate to smile in pictures because of my gap and it isn't really that big, maybe because I know it's there and I don't care for it.

Thanks again,
Jenn~

I think the main thing you need to remember, and this has been mentioned by those that have had it done, is that it's not permanent. You have to be prepared to maintain it every few years forever more.

If that isn't an issue for you, I'd say go for it! Good luck!

I actually chipped a front tooth that made it look like there was a gap there. I was so worried about the cost to fix it, that I did nothing about it for about a year. I finally went to the dentist and he bonded it. It cost 22.80 after insurance. Maybe you should say it was chipped?}(
I am VERY happy I had this done. Although I am no longer able to whistle between my two front teeth, I do smile a lot more.:+

Thanks, Muffin Top...

Yeah, I am tired of hearing.."Can you whistle between them two front teeth?"

Yeah, I had them give me a estimate on my bonding, it came to about $24.00 after insurance...Not bad. I'm not sure if that was just for the bonding on my stain and chip though, not for the gap...(at that time I wasn't too sure about closing the gap ).

Take care,
Have a great weekend everyone~

Jenn~:)

I had that done when I was 17 years old. I'm 33 now and I have only had it retouched once. I had a large gap inbetween my front teeth, one was turned slightly and they both had flouride stains (I guess that's what they're called, they're from flouride in the water). The bonding took care of all of that and he didn't even cover the whole tooth. You can't tell at all that they're bonded. Back then, it cost $150 for 2 teeth and my insurance covered $100 of it. I'm sure that's probably not the case now. I couldn't believe the difference just that little bit of bonding made on how my teeth look.

Ashley

Update;
I went to the dentist yesterday afternoon. He is concerned that my gap is fairly large ( about 4mm ) and the bonding would look awkward.
I was really looking forward to getting it done also. He did fix the chip and stains I had on my two front teeth. I am going to contact my insurance this morning and see what they will cover. If all else fails i can always have it reversed.
Ashley,
How big would you say your gap was?

Thanks,
Jenn~

Thank you, Susan.
I have looked at the website you provided, it looks great!

I have filled out the online form and will wait back to hear what dentists in my area do lumineers.

Thanks again,
Jenn~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.