Cortisol/Adrenal Fatigue

For me, I would be extremely suspicious if the "doctor" was a naturopath, homeopath or other alternative practitioner. The OP doesn't mention what kind of doctor it is that she's working with. I would stick to getting official diagnoses from MDs, including endocrinologists.

Why would you say that??? Many NMDs have just as much education as (many of them actually have many more years of education than MDs). What is true though that there are good doctors and bad doctors, and just because someone has a MD behind their name does not make them automatically "good" or trustworthy. And just because someone is a NMD, homeopathic doctor or alternative practitioner doesn't make them automatically a charlatan. I would recommend background checking and research on any doctor, MD or NMD.

There are good and bad doctors in all areas but just because someone doesn't believe in pills for every ailment and believes in a more holistic view instead of treating symptoms doesn't make this approach wrong. In fact, there is no bigger pseudo science than the current drug testing and "research". So don't get me started on our current conventional treatments being backed by science.

There are good and bad doctors in all areas but just because someone doesn't believe in pills for every ailment and believes in a more holistic view instead of treating symptoms doesn't make this approach wrong. In fact, there is no bigger pseudo science than the current drug testing and "research". So don't get me started on our current conventional treatments being backed by science.[/QUOTE]

Very well said. I could not agree more.

Incindently, I also went to see my doctor and he literally spent 5 minutes with me (and I swear typed my symptoms into his computer) and proclaimed I had General Anxiety Disorder, gave me a prescription for Xanax and sent me on my way. The naturopath had me fill out three pages of personal history and spent almost two hours discussing symptoms, lifestyle and behaviour. It has been two months since seeing her - and I am actually sleeping better...some progress being made. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Stephanie, I took their survey. The endocrinologist insists my fatigue is from sleep apnea, another dr insists I have a thyroid problem (he's the one that sent me to the endo) I'm just so frustrated at having all these dang blood tests but no answers. I"m depsarate so I decided to try the adrenal supps from womentowomen. It may not be a smart move but I"m at a loss as to what to do. I simply don't have the energy to find another dr, get yet MORE tests...

If you do indeed have sleep apnea you might want a c-pap. Its a wonderful little device that has helped my Dad immensely. He has gone from being a bit of a jerk to being a totally nice guy. Also, apnea causes weight gain. Its easy to get tested. Definitely push for that.

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.