Core Synergistics P90X

boydjess

Cathlete
For those that are curious about these workouts I thought I would pass on that I just did this one. I thought it would be tough but had no idea that I would be sweating buckets.... I was also shaking half way through the workout. I have been doing Cathe for about 4 years so I am not foreign to advance workouts. Maybe I am just not super strong in my core area who knows but I think it was one tough workout. I only used 5lbs when they used wieghts and I think they went as high as 20lbs in some of the exercises.

Jessica

You know they first one that comes to mind is bootcamp. It just gave me that tough powerful feeling like bootcamp does even though they are diffrent. I know many people are real into the music with the workouts but to be honest with this one I do not really recall much music I was so involved in the workout and what Tony was saying....
I have viewed the leg and back dvd and it looks like a killer also. I watched the chest and back, it looks like a intense workout also. I do not have the pull up bar but I have the bands that I will use for now. I did Kenpo yesterday and I enjoyed that one as well(I happen to be a huge fan of any type of kickboxing though over step or hi/lo) It is more like KPC to me than Cardio Kicks because there is not all the cardio moves mixed in but it is still a great workout and I worked up a sweat on that one also.

Hope all of you that are waiting will have them on your doorstep tomorrow:)

Jessica

The music is really great in this series. Core Synergistics has the ability to humble a person. I too am an advanced exerciser and this is most likely one the toughest workout in my collection.

I had it up on swap and than decided to do it and removed it from swap to keep .it is a sweatfest for sure I love it.Also the leg w/o is decieving using no to lt wt but boy it is a toughie.:D

Can you get this by itself or do you have to buy the entire series? I'm not interested in the nutrition aspect of the program as I have my own, but I'm intrigued with this description of a core workout.

I know you can not buy them at Beachbody individually but I have seen some of the P90X series on Swaps and on Ebay..

Jessica

Thanks Jessica,
I'll either have to figure out out to get in at Ya Ya, Ebay, find someone to split an order or trade with. LOL
Or pester Cathe to make a similar type series. }( :9 ;-)

I got mine 2 days ago, and I have not done any of the workouts!!!! Frankly, I have not even looked at my DVD's!!!! I will have too. I am going away next weekend and I have been kinda holding back to start them when I get back. I also have been kinda waiting to see someone post an awesome rotation that incorporates both Cathe, and these workouts. My question, can you skip the warm ups and stuff like on Cathe's DVD's. I am doing the Free Style training, and I just wonder how hard it will be for me to just do the leg workout if that is all I want one day.
Lori

Hi Lori. Even though these DVDs don't have a chapters option, they are somewhat chaptered, so yes, you could skip the warm ups by pressing the next button on your remote.

More reviews....

Jessica (and all who are waiting for your series),

Congrats on making it through core synergistics. So far I have done chest and back, shoulders and arms, ab ripperX, and yogaX. (I can't do much standing work due to continuing struggle with plantar fasciitis.)

Chest and back is amazing! There are about six variations on push-ups, which actually keep them fresh, although one doesn't feel so fresh crawling to one's worksheet to record one's reps after the sets. Those are alternated with several different kinds of pull-ups as well as a couple standing back exercises. Then you do a second round of the whole thing. The time goes fast because of the variety. The pull-ups are humbling for me, but I really want to be able to do more than one, and I feel this series will get me there.

Shoulders and arms is very thorough. It's in rounds as well, but you do shoulders, then bis, then tris (if I recall correctly), then repeat that round before going on. I was a bit apprehensive my first time and could have gone heavier, but I still felt very pumped afterwards.

YogaX (90 minutes)was kind of like doing two Bryan Kest workouts in a row. Perhaps a bit less intense. It's a great sequence of sun salutations, (many variations), and balance poses, a nice ab section at the end. This is Tony's weakness both in demonstration and cuing. People unfamiliar with yoga need to be really careful. However, I think it's brilliant that it's included in the series and used so much in the rotations provided.

Ab ripper is pretty much what it's advertised to be. Thanks to Cathe and Core Foundations it wasn't too bad for me. It's mostly rectus work, with a little oblique. As Jessica knows, it's in CF that the whole core gets fired.

The functional aspect of this series is right up my alley. I love all types of working out, but training for real life with this kind of intensity is the most satisfying for me.

BTW, if anyone wants my nutrition/diet binder, I'd give it a way to a good home for the cost of postage. There's nothing bad about it, I'll just never use it.

Can't wait to hear what the rest of you have to say about P90X. Hang in there on your waiting!

--Ann

RE: More reviews....

I'd like to order it but I don't need all the nutrition blah blah as I have great nutrionalist. I wonder if there would be a discount if you didn't take the extra whistles and bells?

I just wish I knew if Cathe has anything like this planned in the works. Those of you who might have an 'in' like those of you who go to see her in person...do you suppose you could ask? hint hint. ;-)

>I just wish I knew if Cathe has anything like this planned in
>the works. Those of you who might have an 'in' like those of
>you who go to see her in person...do you suppose you could
>ask? hint hint. ;-)

You have as much "in" as any of us here! You could put a request in the "Suggestions for new videos/DVD's" forum, or ask/suggest in the "Ask Cathe" forum.:)

>You have as much "in" as any of us here! You could put a
>request in the "Suggestions for new videos/DVD's" forum, or
>ask/suggest in the "Ask Cathe" forum.:)

Don't know about that. I'm not one of the fortunate ones who get to see Cathe in person. :( But yes, I will put a note in the suggestion boxes.

Do you know how the weight workouts in PowerOx compare with the ideas you and AJ came up with. I like your idea of a workout as well? If your ideas are different, Cathe is really going to be busy making new DVD's....}( :)

>Do you know how the weight workouts in PowerOx compare with
>the ideas you and AJ came up with. I like your idea of a
>workout as well? If your ideas are different, Cathe is really
>going to be busy making new DVD's....}( :)

I've posted numerous ideas for new workouts, but I guess you are refering to the "total body compound move timesaver" workout idea. It is very different from P90X as it would use lighter weights.

I'd love to see a Cathe series using both types of weight training (heavy weights/lower reps/slow and moderate weights with compound moves).

>Do you know how the weight workouts in PowerOx compare with
>the ideas you and AJ came up with. I like your idea of a
>workout as well? If your ideas are different, Cathe is really
>going to be busy making new DVD's....}( :)

I've posted numerous ideas for new workouts, but I guess you are refering to the "total body compound move timesaver" workout idea. It is very different from P90X as it would use lighter weights.

I'd love to see a Cathe series using both types of weight training (heavy weights/lower reps/slow and moderate weights with compound moves).

Yes, Kathryn I was referring to your timesaver workout idea. Like you though, I would like to see Cathe do both types of weight training ideas.

Yes, Kathryn I was referring to your timesaver workout idea. Like you though, I would like to see Cathe do both types of weight training ideas.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.