Core cardio circuit vs HiiT?

NathL

Cathlete
I did CCC to other day and it seemed to me that it looks a lot like a Hiit Workout (instense cardio for a short time followed by a brief recovery) especially if you do the cardio only premix. Does anybody else feel the same?
Nathalie

Yes, I told my checkin group I thought they must have put it on the wrong dvd (it should have been on Hiit). One of them did it with all the cardio work then followed by all the core work and she liked it that way, too.

Me too

One of them did it with all the cardio work then followed by all the core work and she liked it that way, too.[/QUOTE]

I did it the same way. My body can't take the up and down - I get dizzy!

I think of CCC as an extended HIIT workout, too. I haven't done HIIT pyramid yet (it is on my schedule for today though) but to me CCC is harder than either 30/30 or 40/20. (I love the 1 minute rests you get in 40/20!)

Oh, I am so glad to read this!!! I did CCC yesterday and was wondering why I was so beat :eek: Now I don't feel like such a wimp!!!:D

One of them did it with all the cardio work then followed by all the core work and she liked it that way, too.

I did it the same way. My body can't take the up and down - I get dizzy![/QUOTE]

I'll have to try it this way. Not a fan of the up & down & do get dizzy sometimes.

I was just about to start a thread regarding this same topioc. I did CCC this morning and also thought it was much harder than 40/20 and 30/30 (haven't done pyramid yet). I really liked it and I don't remember the last time I was gasping for air like that. I look forward to doing it again.

Sharon

I did CCC to other day and it seemed to me that it looks a lot like a Hiit Workout (instense cardio for a short time followed by a brief recovery) especially if you do the cardio only premix. Does anybody else feel the same?
Nathalie

IMO the CCC is killer. It seems to follow the HIIT format in the intensity/rest periods but it is the hardest Cathe workout ever.

Now even IMAX 3 seems intermediate. CCC is definitely a shock!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Cardio Core Circuit! It is a killer workout... my heart rate gets close to it's max and I suck in all available oxygen from the room. I am so drenched in sweat by the end I can hardly see the tv! For this reason alone, and I am grateful that it doesn't involve any super fancy choreography. Who could ask for more??? Someday I hope to say "wish it were longer", but for now, it is just right. It is my absolute favorite!

Here's another vote for the CCC cardio only premix followed by the abs. Thanks for the suggestion, BTW. I think it is harder than the HiiTs all strung together--probably because the rest time is shorter.

Met value for CCC

I'm glad to see I'm not the only finding this one hard! Has anyone noticed that the Mets value for CCC in the workout manager is 7 (!) while for HiiT it's 10... I found CCC harder than all the HiiT... Questionable!!!

I feel better now too. I did CCC for the first time two days ago and I thought maybe my age was catching up to me--I could "almost" do all of it, but felt really whipped. I haven't tried the other Hiit workouts yet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.