Cordless Vaccuum Suggestion???

sancho

Cathlete
Hi,

Sorry to bring up something so mundane in the midst of all the new STS threads, but if someone could help me, I would thrilled.

I have a Dustbuster handheld which I use about 10 times a day on my kitchen floor (kids!). It works great but I'm tired of bending over to use it and would prefer to basically have the same device, but on a stick (so I don't have to bend over). Today, on a whim (yes, I do lead a rock-n-roll life), I bought a Shark Cordless VX1 at Walmart (on sale, $26). After the fact, I went to Amazon and read reviews. Not good. Really, not good.

So, does anyone have a cordless stick vac that they have liked and has been reliable? It will pretty much be used only on hardwoods for small messes of the crumb kind. If the answer is that I am better off bending over with the dustbuster, I can live with that.

Thanks,

Lauren

Hi Lauren,

I have the Hoover Linx cordless vaccuum and LOVE it. I have 3 cats (and 1 messy boyfriend!) and I use it every day to clean up fur, crumbs, and messes - especially the kitchen floor!! It's the most powerful cordless vaccuum I've ever used and I have tried a lot of them. I hate dragging out my big canister vaccuum cleaner and the cordless does a great job of keeping the house clean in between. It's well worth the money if you vaccuum often, which it sounds like you do. Even my boyfriend uses it and loves it! :)

Good Luck!

Last edited:
I actually have the Shark and like it a lot! I used to use it all the time. I bought 2 of them, one the day after Thanksgiving a few years ago and then another one the next Thanksgiving (only $10 each time on a Black Friday deal).

We have a pet now and I bought the broom/vacuum from Dirt Devil. My husband hates it and would rather use a regular broom. I agree that the broom does a better job, but I like the broom/vac for pet hair and the main dirt.

We have all hard wood or tile, so we use something on the floor every day. I had no complaints about the Shark...I should pull that thing out again!

Jenn

I actually have the Shark and like it a lot! I used to use it all the time. I bought 2 of them, one the day after Thanksgiving a few years ago and then another one the next Thanksgiving (only $10 each time on a Black Friday deal).

Jenn

I should clarify that it's the one I bought (VX1 that has the bad reviews). Do you have that one or a different one? Oops, if you don't still have the box, you probably can't tell. I just checked mine and it doesn't say it on the actual machine. Oh well.

I'm going to at least give the one I have a try and if it's terrible, I'll try that Hoover mentioned above. I have a Hoover vaccuum that I like.

Lauren

I have a shark vx3 and it works fine for the hardwoods. Does not work on carpets. I took back a swival sweeper because it did not pick up anything.

I have 2 kids under 3 and use and love my swiffer vacuum. I also have a dirt devil handheld that my DH uses but when I am home all day with the kids I don't want to bend over and use it 25 times a day. I also have a dirt devil stick that I have to plug in but it is so loud and it doesn't pick up very good. Love the swiffer but now am wondering if I should've gotten a shark.

I had 2 of the Swiffer vaccums and loved them, until, they just wouldn't stay powered. :mad: I had them less than a year each, and when I first bought them they'd stay on a good 15 minutes or more at full power, then they just pooped out, wouldn't hold a charge.

Does the Hoover stay powered up? I'll get one in a heartbeat if it does, because I have all hardwood floors and 2 fuzzy-butt kitties leaving fur all over the place!;)

My first swiffer lasted me 5 years before it wouldn't stay powered anymore. My second one is only a few days old.

I tried the Shark today and it worked great for my needs. All the review say that it starts off great and then dies quickly over time. I guess I'll try it out for myself and see how it goes.

I had the Eureka Boss Lite for a long time but it finally died out. I used it mostly on tile and hardwood. It worked good while I had it (more than a year). I'm thinking I'm gonna go with that Hoover Lynx mentioned above. I have two shedding puppies so it sounds great for me too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.