***Coolers, Weekend Wonders***

Netta

Cathlete
Morning,
Today was the up premix from Pyramid Lower Body. After I get done posting, we're heading out to cut wood. We'll be cutting some hard wood (mahoghany). Takes all day and you only seem to get a small amount, but it sure burns hot and long. I'm hoping we get back early enough, then I'll head to the golf course for some practice. Tomorrow is our Fall Color Ride (bike ride) in a neighboring burg. That's always a nice one.

Wendy, LOL about the rear view mirror for your hair. That Phil's a smart guy. The other approach I've seen is that they do such a lousy job (on purpose) that we never ask them again. I'm looking forward to my What a busy day you had yesterday. How did the lasagne turn out? LOL, you'll have to give that baby blanket to someone else, maybe Debra? I've got 3 babies here at home already, and they are so very needy. Funny about my remaining eggs. I used to always know when I ovulated as it would feel like a "tearing" sensation. I never feel that anymore. Wonder why.

Patricia, I think that's a very smart decision to do weight loss instead of strength. I'm thinking that STS is going to be pretty intense. I was wondering this morning how a person can gain more muscle if the joints will never allow heavy weights. When I lift a 20# DB, I sometimes visualize the muscle ripping from the bone. I know, that's bad and not how it actually works, but I can't comprehend my muscles being that strong. Elbows and shoulder joints in particular are what I worry about. Silly, huh? How was the pumpkin patch? Bet your DS enjoyed it. I used to love Halloween, but we always had to make our own constumes. Our parents NEVER bought any, but that was the fun of it, making up our own getups. I'll have to check out those crossword puzzles. I'm really enjoying the nice weather and golfing still, though it could end any time with a good snow. I golf with girlfriends again on Monday afternoon and it's expected to be 64 F. Probably just require a sweatshirt toward the end.

Laurie, hope the turned out good this morning and hoping you have a great time at the wedding. Bet you will look very snazzy in your new dress and "do me" shoes. You made me laugh out loud with you and Wendy's comments about me having a baby! DH was wondering what the heck I was laughing at. Of course I told him. Boy, if that ever happened all hell would break out as he's been "altered" for the last 27 years. I need to bite the bullet, get my mind right and go in for that blood test this week. Hmmmm, what morning shall I go in? Must check my calendar.

DH just called me in to watch a program on TV. Showed Clay Walker (a country singer who has Multiple Sclerosis, diagnosed in 1996) on an MS150 ride, riding a road bike. I thought, that is so cool!!!

Okay, better change into more suitable woodcutting atire, not a sports bra and shorts.

Sorry, I've been MIA the last couple of days, somehow I just seem to lose total energy by the end of this week. I worked an extra day and had things to do most evenings. I didn't work out Thurs or Friday. I went and swam laps this morning while dd had her swimming lessons. I forgot my bathing suit:rolleyes: and had to call DH to drop it off so only had time for half a mile but was a nice change.

I made it up to the end of the second week of the Oct rotation but thinking of changing things. I love working out 6 times/week and have done it most weeks for yrs now but finding it stressful to squeeze in the time lately. I obsess over not keeping on schedule :rolleyes: So if I pick a rotation that is 6 days/wk, it drives me crazy not to follow it to a T. That's just me. So I'm thinking of switching to the 4ds, CTX and BB Timesaver series and just alternating weeks to have a few more days off each week. Maybe do that until we go on holidays which is in only 7 weeks! What do you think??

Also ds gets his cast off next Wed and would like to spend some time taking him swimming, walking, skating, etc. Things he can do to build up his leg strength.

Would you believe both kids got invited to sleepovers for tonight!!!:D:D:D DS is going to visit a friend who moved and goes to a different school. They were going to get together in the summer but it got cancelled as ds broke his leg 2 days before:D DD is going to a friend's birthday party at a hotel with waterslides. So tonight is date night!!!!! Dinner AND a movie!

Going to go for Disney World and order tickets for Mickey's Very Magical Christmas Party for when we are there in December, will catch up on personal in another post.

Kim

Evening Coolers

Lets see, I got Kenpo X done last night and will do some sort of cardio tonight too as I feel "fat" today. Been binging on candy. Tried to hold off on buying Halloween candy but couldn't resist mid-week.:p

DS and I went to the pumkin patch today. They have all sorts of fun things for the kids and all pretty much free or real cheap. Corn Maze, play ground, wagon ride, bonfire for marshmellows, and bales of hay to climb along with pumpkin painting. I think Matthew enjoyed the wagon ride the most. Will try to post pics later tonight.

Drove to the next largest town afterwards to a fitness store to see if they had pace weights. They never heard of them but pointed me towards those power blocks that convert from 2 - 50#'s. Ended up spending $$ though. Found gliding disks, a DVD for that, a 8# med ball and a ball to massage sore muscles. That's what DH gets for leaving me alone - I always spend $$. Went to a furniture store and finally found 2 coffee tables that I really like but held off on buying.

Jeanette - Your fall colour ride sounds like fun. Our colours were beautiful this year but now the leaves have really fallen so starting to look uggg now:( Today was a terrific day for being outside. Between last weekend and today I took about 60 pics. I guess some short term pain for long term gain regarding the wood chopping he! My Aunt was really good at making customes and they always got handed down to my family. I'm just not handy in any way and avoid any craft requiring a needle and thread. $20 for a custome works for me! DS first said he wanted to be a pirate then when we couldn't find one he decided on Spiderman.

Kim - have you heard about the new job yet? I bet it's hard the few times you work 5 days a week. I would love to have a 4 day/week job. My 1st thought you had a convenient excuse to buy a new swimsuit! You could use it for you vacation this Dec. I'm sure. I think chaning up and maybe cutting back on your w/o may be a good thing. You've had so much stress the last few months and stressing about getting your w/o's in is working against what your trying to accomplish. Why not shoot for 4-5 days and if there is time do extra. I've been thinking about buying the TimeSaver Body Blast DVD b/c I think they're only 45min. Who is more excited in getting the cast off? You or DS? Boy time did fly fast. Hope the rest of his recovery goes by uneventful. You sound just as excited about your Date night as I did when DH went away Thursday and I jumped for joy to have the bed all to myself for 4 nights:D:D

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far.

Hi gals,
Had a nice time woodcutting with DH today. We got a small pickup load of mahogany. Very heavy little pieces of wood, as compared to the normal pine we get. Got back from that, showered and went to the golf course to practice for a little while. Did dishes and soaked some pinto beans as DH wants to make a pot of beans and hamhocks tomorrow. Just sitting here in my PJ's, relaxing.

Patricia, so happy that both of you had a good time at the pumpkin patch! Wish I could have been there too. Binging on candy? I tell you M&M's are my weakness. I really need to get back on the clean eating wagon too. Today wasn't too bad for me, finally. I wasn't very creative with my costumes when I was a kid. Seems like I was an Indian quite a few years. Bet your DS will be a very cute Superman. Sounds like you bought some good stuff at the fitness store. I have 1 1/2# and 2 1/2# Platemates. I'm wondering when the 1 rep max tutorial will come out. I'm also wondering how many people will really do them and just wing it the first time instead.

Kim, sounds like you need to switch the rotation. I'm definitely not one of those that is bothered by not sticking to the actual rotation. I just fake it. I have the Body Blast series and love it. Enjoy the date night. What movie are you seeing?

Okay, must sign off now,

I was going to come back for personals yesterday but dd grabbed the computer to play Webkinz, and then it was time to go out. DH and I went to Red Lobster for supper and then to the movie "Body of Lies". The movie was OK but a bit too violent for me.

Jeanette Do your arms get sore from the woodcutting?? The bike ride today sounds nice! Is the foliage in the area very colourful right now? My parents never bought us costumes either we always had to make except for when we were really young my mom sewed them. I always make or buy for the kids now. I bought them both pirate costumes as the cruise we're going on has a pirate night that we can dress up for so hopefully they can use them twice.

Patricia I haven't bought the Halloween candy yet but I had Nestle chocolate bars that the kids sell for school in the house all of October. :confused: We did the Halloween farm outing last week, the kids always enjoy it. The wagon ride is my favourite too :D I would love to see some pics. Sounds like you got some neat stuff at the fitness store. I love browsing the fitness areas, I really wanted a chance to shop at some sporting stores in the US but being on a bus tour, it didn't happen

No, haven't heard about the new job, they had told me at the interview that it would be end of October before they made any decision.

Is DH back tonight? Better look after that arm if it is bothering you, give it some rest time. Is is the shoulder?

Wendy How are you feeling?? Did you get some rest time this weekend??

Laurie Hope you had a blast at the wedding!

Debra Hope you're having a great weekend!

Still no newspaper in the mornings, I don't think this strike is ending anytime soon. Very annoying not to have a paper to read while I have my coffee in the morning. I have no idea why they are on strike.

Today I have a hair appt and will either do one of the 4DS or Kick Max.

Kim

I forgot to tell you the best news. I took ds to a appt with his pediatrician, he goes every 6 weeks for a breathing test because he has such bad asthma. The dr said he had the first normal breathing test ever! (although I think he's wrong, I think he had one about 3 yrs ago) so we are going to start weaning him off his meds. We're going from 2 daily to 1 then recheck and then off totally if he stays good. Hopefully we can have him off the meds for the winter but most likely put him back on in the spring. Except for a couple of good spells he has been on been on stuff since he was 16 months old. Of course, the steroids decrease bone density, hmm, making bones more fragile.

Anyways, got the kickboxing/legs/core workout done from 4DS.

Kim

Just completed IMAX 2 and I'm so excited. A kind VF'er gave it to me this summer and this has been my 1st opportunity to try it. I never dreamed I would be able to complete it. I think LOMAX is harder. :D May try to get an Abs w/o in this evening - maybe one that uses the 8# med ball I just bought.

Went to a park this a.m. then did some grocery shopping but forgot eggs so might go out again. DS napping now and just waiting for him to wake up. I bought lots of healthy food today so no excuse for binge eating junk:(

Kim - thats good news on the meds. It will be like a breathe of fresh air not having to take them all the time I'm sure. Would you have him weight lifting early in order to counteract the bone density loss? Or b/c he is so young his body will adjust itself? The front side of my shoulder hurts, down the length of my bicep and sometimes now my forearms and up along my neck. I'm finding I've lost some range of motion also. Just even to swing it during aerobics hurts a bit too:( Missed getting to PT this week for it also.

Jeanette - so should start a group called "winging it STS" b/c I don't figure on doing the 1RPM max that's for sure:p I think I read somewhere you don't need to do it for every excercise, just a few standard moves.

Okay, DS is up so off I go.

Hi ladies,
No workout for me this morning, but did get in a 43 mile bike ride. It was a wonderful ride with 6 of us out to enjoy the beautiful fall colors in the neighboring valley. Actually, where we went, the leaves will be better next week, but we have a birthday ride next Sunday for one of our friends. He'll be 69, so we are riding 69 kilometers (42 or so miles). Oh yes, had a good sandwich at the little shop we stopped at, turkey, cream cheese and cranberry sauce on multigrain bread. Yum! Came home to DH making a pot of beans. He says these beans must have come over on the Mayflower as they are taking FOREVER to cook, though I soaked them overnight. They should be softened in a couple hours.

Patricia, isn't Imax2 a fun workout? Think the 2nd combo is my favorite one. I think it's a really well loved DVD among Catheites. I usually sweat more with LowMax than with Imax2, but think Imax2 is harder for me. So sorry about the shoulder. Hope you get someone to look at it and help with it. Are you on any medication for it? My DH had a torn rotator cuff and bone spurs a few years ago. He would hurt so bad at night, I actually woke up and he was crying once, it hurt so bad. He had surgery and has been so happy with it. The other one hurts so someday he may go in and have it repaired too.

Kim, awesome news about DS's breathing!!! Hope he gets more and more good tests. Woodcutting doesn't seem to make me sore in the arms, maybe the first time I go out for the year, but then again, I hardly ever have any DOMS from working out. The leaves will probably be more at their peak in the next week or two, but they were still pretty. The yellow leaves are the color of the yellow road stripe paint. We saw lots of wild turkeys along the way too. Just one of those special days where all feels right. Mmmm, Red Lobster is good, I would have liked that. I don't like real violent movies either.

I've got to go in to work early tomorrow and it's my rest day anyway so that works out well. Have golf with the girls after work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.