control window??? ARGH!

winter2b

Cathlete
OK...so I was supposed to get IT this week...still nothing. Normally I have it by Wednesday... So I went to Walgreens and got a Fact Plus test - thought I took it correctly, and a line is in the "R" window but nothing in the "C" window. So does that mean that it's an invalid test, or that I'm most likely not PG? ARGH! I thought taking the test was going to give me answers, not more questions!

Edited to correct that it is a fact plus test, not first response.

I am not familiar with the Fact Plus you are describing. Do they have an number to call with questions? The tests in the clinic are invalid if there is no control line.

Let us know what happens.

Thanks, I may try to give them a call. The really unusual thing about it is that when I pull up their website, the two tests they show on their site look nothing like the one I've got. Mine has two windows - the first (closest to the cap end) says "R" and the other says "C". The site describes pink lines and mine are blue. They are not supposed to expire until 2007 (just bought this morning) Go figure... it was a two pack so I may try again tomorrow, and if that doesn't work - I'll have to figure out plan B.

Do you think it's too early to test in the week AF is supposed to arrive?

That IS unusual!

<Do you think it's too early to test in the week AF is supposed to arrive?>

It depends on the test sensitivity to the pregnancy hormone, HCG. The test instructions should include when to test. Most can detect a pregnancy the first day of a missed period, and you are a couple of days late. However, there are many variables (HCG levels, true senstivity of the test, using AM urine, etc.). There is also the possiblity that you ovulated later than usual, are pregnant, but haven't yet missed your period. For example, if you ovulated 7 days later than expected, your period would be due 7 days later.

There are tests that allow you to test 4 days before your period is due, but there are the variables I mentioned before.

With each of my pregnancies, I tested 10 days after ovulation (so about 4 days before I my period was due), and the tests were postiive. There are ladies on these forums who have tested negative early but later discovered they were pregnant.

Ok, I have rambled enough. HTH!

I will anxiously await for further news! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.