Concerned about extra step risers

Lilly Bea

While admiring the blog pictures, I have noticed that there are many risers under the steps, up to 5 on each side. Currently I own 6 risers (3 on each side) and I was wandering if it would be recommended to get more risers. Please, let me know if 3 on each side will be enough for the STS series to serve as a flat bench.
Thank you

I also was concerned at first. I only have 8 risers total. I think I am going to stick with what I have for now. I'm sure you can also. I think the point is just to have a flat bench.

I've already purchased the perfect pushup and am about to get the plate mates, I think extra risers are not a "need". I also want to purchase whatever it is Cathe is working on for pullups as an option. I am trying to prioritize. (sp?)

Deanie

I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the extra height is to accomodate the taller men, and to make everyone have the benches at the same height for appearance sake.

Extra height (more risers) is not a requirement, but more risers will make using the step as a bench more comfortable and will make it easier for you to load your weights into position. If you have the room a decline/incline exercise bench may actually be a better alternative.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.