Completely Overwhelmed..Help with DVD choice

mobrien1

hi there,
I am a newbie, intermediate fitness level, looking to make my first cathe purchase.
dropping my gym membership, so really want to build a well rounded video library. cathe sounds like exactly what i'm looking for. i'm so excited, however
i'm overwhelmed by the choices. i'd like to do cardio 4-5x, strength 3x a week and also love love love stability ball work and anything that's new and different (pilates, yoga,boot camp,etc).

i'm leaning toward the body blast series (esp the legs and glutes video) but is there a better mix of individual videos? the intensity looks interesting but maybe not for my first purchase? i want to make sure i stick with this.

budget restrictions, so the most i could get is one set or the other...or any other similar combo.
help!!!!

i really appreciate your input.
thank you,
michelle:)

Hi Michelle and welcome....Both of those series are very good. I do like the Pyramids (upper and lower) from the Intensity series as a very effective weight workout. I also love Legs & Glutes and Kick, Punch and Crunch (great Kickbox workout) from Body Blast. The stability ball is used in both series, but a very good ball leg workout in Pyramid Lower body. You can't go wrong with either and when you get hooked like us....you will eventually get more...:)...Carole

Hi Michelle,

I find the Body Blast Series to be less intense, but still challenging, than the Intensity Series, and I think there is more variety in the BB : two total body strength workouts, one lower body workout, one circuit workout with step and hi/lo, one step workout and one kickbox workout:) . Plus if you can get the DVDs, you will have all those premixes.
I say that I find them less intense, but in fact after three weeks of exclusive use of those, I am coming back to the Intensity Series, and, surprise, I am in better shape : I am lifting heavier, and I have more endurance... So they are really good for me :D

thank you so much for your input...
i just ordered the body blast series this morning, can't wait to try them out.
thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.