COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR AUGUST 15

helened

Cathlete
Morning all,

Well since I can't sleep I might as well get us started. :p

Trish: That is such great news that everything turned out fine with your dad. Glad to hear that. And 114 OMG, that is hot hot hot. Unbelievable. I guess people probably stay indoors a lot that time of the year. Thanks for the info on Cooler. Of course on weeks 3 and 4 I will be on vaca so that won't be there to help. But I might as well start now, I don't like not doing anything. LOL.

Deb: I kind of don't have any tricks for when it's crowded at the park. We ended up doing OK though and got on a few rides and got the kids dippin dots. They always want that ice cream. :rolleyes: I'm sure you will burn the sweets off this week.

Had a really nice dinner with DH at an Italian place around the corner last night. They had outside seating that was covered and it was really peaceful. Chose a good glass of wine too :D

That's about it for now. Happy Monday everyone.

I couldn't sleep either!! Woke up around 3:30. Should have come over to the check in!! Off to do a little elliptical work. BBL!

Morning,

Wow, three night owls tonight. We should have skyped :p

Trish: Well done getting on the elliptical. I made a rookie mistake. I tried to go back to bed around five. I still didn't sleep very well and am not rested for my meeting tonight. You're an old hat at this so you got a workout in. Good girl.

Belinda: What did you end up doing? I did end up cooking a bunch to be ready and have good stuff to stick to the diet this week. It's always a good thing to do.

Hi to everyone. Have a great start of the week.

I managed to stay on the elliptical for 40 mins (iClimb8). Should have also done ab work, but that just was not happening! I skipped the train and drove to work and could feel myself wanting to doze at the wheel...felt so weird at 7:00 AM!! Hopefully tonight will be better.

Helene - I wish I could have followed your lead...I couldn't fall asleep for anything! DH started ranting that I was obsessed with exercise...because, who in their right mind jumps on an elliptical after a few hours sleep?? I wanted to say Cathletes do, but that would have prolonged the discussion:p. I hope you don't fall asleep on your call tonight like I did!

Belinda - How was that coffee? Hope you can sneak a nap in today!

Deb - Yup, my stepmom worked out with me most days. She does mostly cardio, but is slowly coming over to weights. She has a few Cathe DVDs, but thinks they are too hard. She did HR 3 times last week:eek: Buy lots of healthy food today;)

BBL!

Hey girls, very quiet morning for me. Im off work, no MIL, no kids and hubby is off playing golf with his goofball friends. I've got supper in the slow cooker ( beef stew) so now im debating on what workout to do. AND i get to BLAST it as loud as I want too!:cool: mmmm, decisions, decisions...

Has anyone started watching the new series on food network, Hungry Girl? H her second episode aired yesterday morning. Her food isn't exactly clean, but she does come up with pretty some cool ideas. This morning's she showed a 132 calorie smore. Im going to try them:D lite cool whip, 1tbl chocolate chips and 1 graham cracker sheet. Mix the first two together, make a sandwich with the graham cracker then freeze for an hour. Sounds pretty good.

ok...bbl

Hello everyone! Quick check in for me. I just finished KM, low impact premix. My legs are shaking. . . kind of reminded me of the barre work from the RT, lol. I will bbl, I have to jump in the shower.

Kristin

Amelia - Niiice!!! Being home alone is so rare. Hope you enjoyed every minute. Never heard of Hungry Girl....how s'mores do you get for 132 cals?? I don't think I could stop at one!

Kristin - I never knew there was a low impact premix on KM!! Will have to check that out. Nice job ;)

Workout done! Decided on 4ds HIS+C&B. Felt great to get that in on a lazy day. :D I found some whey protien powder in my pantry so I made myself a shake with 1% milk and greek yogurt...plus some of my coffee hazelnut creamer. Its pretty good...

Trish-have you heard of the hungry girl books or recipes? Its the same gal.

Kristin-WTG on your workout!! High fives

Feeling good so far today, its so nice to be off work. I haven't quite adjusted to working full time hours yet but im getting better.

ok, have a great day:)

Hi girls,

Wow, you guys sure are early birds:) I'm sure you'll sleep great tonight.

I was able to get the last bike in spin today, actually a guy gave me the heads-up otherwise I thought the class was full.

Helene - Love outside dinning! Even ds's & gf's love those dipping dots . . . I want the real thing.

Belinda - I hope the coffee worked!

Trish - I hate that feeling, always wish I could pull over & take a nap. I haven't looked at my "i's" in awhile but I think I mostly have ballet work.

Amelia - I saw Hungry Girl on Rachael Ray, will have to check-out her new show. I've been DVRing "Giada at Home" & "5 ingredients".

Kristin - Will have to check that premix out, trying to get "short" workouts ready for my busy season.

BBL

Hey girls,

I finally did my workout, did D7 (the second time), I just didn't had the energy to workout today, but I did it. And no the coffee didn't help, will go to bed early tonight. I will try to catch up on personals later, if not I am a sleep, SORRY! To much going on right now:(

Evening all,

quick check-in before my meeting starts.

I did CLX Lean circuit 1. The verdict is still out on whether I like it or not. I hope the other two lean circuits are a bit different. I found it hard to focus on the intended muscle group because there was too much going on (too much compounded in the same move). Maybe it will get better as I get better balance. I'll say one thing though. That killed my biceps :eek:

I just went to use the workout blender to make a new workout and my High reps wouldn't load. Oh well. I was going to make a blend of 40/20 and LB high reps. Thought it sounded like a good idea. Now I have to think of something else for tomorrow morning or I'll try to do it switching between the DVD player and the computer. Decisions, decisions..... :p

I'll try and BBL for personals.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.