Coffeemaker question

darla723

Cathlete
Morning all! I'm off to shop for a new coffeemaker to replace my leaking Black & Decker spacemaker. I'm kind of leaning toward a Hamilton Beach 10 cup Stay or Go with thermal carafe and 2 travel mugs. My only hesitation is that we are used to a 12 cup capacity (although I know it's only really 5-6 oz that make up this kind of "cup").

Does anyone absolutely love their coffeemaker and have a suggestion for me? The travel mugs are not a necessity, but I think I want the thermal carafe this time.

Thanks and I'll grab another cup whilst waiting for you to come to my rescue.

Doreen

I have a capresso. It grinds the beans for you, so you always get a fresh pot of coffee. It is on the expensive side but I love it. Although I have to say, it has spoiled me. I have a hard time drinking coffee at other people's houses now. Good luck

chrissy

I LOOOOVE my coffeemaker. It's a Hamilton Beach Brew Station (check'em out here).

It's less messy than traditional coffeemakers, it makes excellent coffee, and it uses a combination of heat and insulation to keep coffee warm without burning it. I used to have a thermal carafe one, but those carafes just don't hold up very well over time.

I bought one for my mom and she loves it. Then I bought one for my office, and it's popular there, too.

I bought my mother and father-in-law a 12 cup metal/stainless carafe for Christmas. It was hard to find a 12 cup one but I did. They love it and it keeps their coffee hot for hours. I'm not at home so I can't look up the brand I bought. When I get home I'll look and post. I could not find a 12 cup in the store; I had to order online.

I also agree with the other post about the Keurig coffee pots. They are awesome!

It is hard to go from a 12 to 10 cup coffee maker, but I think the thermal carafe is WAY worth it! The coffee doesn't sit on the burner and taste "burnt".

I LOVE mine, and it's worth it when on occasion, (when company is over) I throw on another pot.

Here is the information for the 12 cup coffee pot I purchased for my in-laws. It's by Cuisinart. I believe I ordered theirs from Amazon.

- Cuisinart DTC-975 Programable Auto Brew 12-Cup Coffeemakers
- Fully automatic, 12-cup coffeemaker with 24-hour programmability
- Double-wall insulated, stainless-steel carafe

Here is the information for the 12 cup coffee pot I purchased for my in-laws. It's by Cuisinart. I believe I ordered theirs from Amazon.

- Cuisinart DTC-975 Programable Auto Brew 12-Cup Coffeemakers
- Fully automatic, 12-cup coffeemaker with 24-hour programmability
- Double-wall insulated, stainless-steel carafe

I have this one and love it!

Jo

Get the thermal carafe!

Morning all! I'm off to shop for a new coffeemaker to replace my leaking Black & Decker spacemaker. I'm kind of leaning toward a Hamilton Beach 10 cup Stay or Go with thermal carafe and 2 travel mugs. My only hesitation is that we are used to a 12 cup capacity (although I know it's only really 5-6 oz that make up this kind of "cup").

Does anyone absolutely love their coffeemaker and have a suggestion for me? The travel mugs are not a necessity, but I think I want the thermal carafe this time.

Thanks and I'll grab another cup whilst waiting for you to come to my rescue.

Doreen

In my opinion, get the largest thermal carafe coffee maker that you can find! I love a lot of coffee, and love it to stay hot (without scorching on a burner!) all morning long. As for travel mugs, I've been using Starbucks mugs for years and really like them. They keep the coffee hot and they don't spill if you snap the lid tight (and screw it on properly).

On suggestion about the thermal carafe: Before you start making your coffee, fill it with hot tap water. That will warm it up so it will keep your coffee even hotter.

Enjoy!

Thanks, everyone for all these great suggestions. After reading what Consumer Reports had to say, I opted for the Hamilton Beach Brew Station!

It will be interesting to try a non carafe coffeemaker for a change. I used a gift card, so if it really isn't my cup of tea (or coffee), no great loss. The 1/2 "pot" I made today was pretty good-it does have a 12-cup capacity.

Time will tell...

Thanks again
Doreen

Ever sense we lost eclectricity for a week before christmas we have been perculating our coffee on the stove. It is supper hot. When it is done we put it in a thermal carafe. It stays hot for hours!!

The average life span of a coffee maker in MY house is 2 years. I don't care what kind I get. Cusinart leaked everywhere so I replaced it 2 weeks ago. I picked one up from Walgreens 12 cap capacity that has a time brew for 20.00. I can't live without my coffee, that is for sure!

DITTO the Brew Station. I love mine! :)

I LOOOOVE my coffeemaker. It's a Hamilton Beach Brew Station (check'em out here).

It's less messy than traditional coffeemakers, it makes excellent coffee, and it uses a combination of heat and insulation to keep coffee warm without burning it. I used to have a thermal carafe one, but those carafes just don't hold up very well over time.

I bought one for my mom and she loves it. Then I bought one for my office, and it's popular there, too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.