club step v bodyshaping step

jessicah

Cathlete
WOW! the size of your step does make a difference. I have been using a bodyshaping step for the past 8 years and last week I bought a club step from StepCo. Today was the first time I used the Club step & I did RS. My heart rate was racing! I know I've seen threads from people asking whether the Club step is worth it and I definitely think it is.
This new step will help kick my workouts up and hopefully increase my weight loss. I think moving up to the Club step would help anyone currently using a bodyshaping step to break a plateau. (my 2 cents)

Have a great day!
Jessica

Absolutely agree about the Club step! I started out with Cathe on my BodyShaping step and it just wasn't working. It quickly gave me an excuse to buy the Club step and I don't regret it. The step is my favorite piece of workout equipment. Happy stepping!

What is the club step? I got the step by Cathe at walmart and it comes w/ a raiser for each side. I am guessing that isn't the one.. the ones on her workouts always have a much higher rise to them.. looks like 3-4 on each side? Where do we get thoese? Is that what is w/ the club step?

The one they sell at my local Walmart is the bodyshaping step - it's not as long as the club step, so you are limited in your step workouts by the small size of the step. But your Walmart may have the full size club step (I think they do sell it on Walmart.com). The full size club step usually comes with 4 risers though, not 2. You can buy extra risers for it, and those same risers can be used for the high step.

I was using the Firm Box for my step workouts until very recently and I noticed a big difference now that I have a club step - the biggest difference is adjustability. The Firm Box was 6.5" and that was it. With the Club Step I can go down to 4", which is a lot better for me for the interval workouts. So I would totally agree that the Club Step is a very wise investment! I got mine on eBay, and it was even the grey and black one, and came with 6 risers. Then I purchased the high step topper separately and now I'm ready to ditch my Firm Box and Fanny Lifter. :)

Thanks for explaining that to me.. I already had a step before.. very old one. I finally broke down and got the new one thinking it would be longer than the one I already had and it was, but only about 3-4 inches longer.. I thought the one they used on the videos was much longer.. I will try walmart.com and I will return the one I just bought. I never invested in the firm step. I use my kitchen chair.. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.