Closure..and yes, that was my post.

jloewe

Cathlete
I need to do this for nobody else but me...

I joined Cathe in 2007 because I needed a challenge...I soon realized that I only lived an hour from her gym, so I began to take a few classes there, and soon discovered some other forum members from the New Jersey-New York-Pennsylvania area who were interested in taking classes there as well...so we formed a Tri-Stater group, and became friends. As things sometimes happen in life...it didn't amount to a happy ending..but, again, that's life. There's really no need to go over what happened...the people that need to know, know..so that's it for that.

I went to the Cathe 2008 RT, and had the single greatest fitness weekend of my life, in every way. So imagine my surprise when I received an e-mail from Cathe asking me not to come to the July 2009 trip...now mind you, I had decided I was not attending long before this e-mail, and I was only attending the diner where the final event was held AFTER the event..sort of like Cathe fans have done in the past, including the 2008 trip I attended..where I was lucky enough to meet Kevin..who wasn't on the trip that year...but came to say hi to Cathe and all was fine. All I wanted was the opportunity to do the same in 2009..yet was told no by Cathe. Please bear in mind...Cathe DOES NOT owe me an explanation, but I surely thought I'd get one, seeing as all my dealings with her had been nothing short of exemplary..to this day..I have never heard from her...be it e-mail, or even a fitness question on Ask Cathe. To me..and this is simply my opinion..that is disrespect...and I won't tolerate that from my closest friend, nor my worst enemy..I have dug myself up from hell too many times to be treated like that...sorry.

Through that, for some stupid reason on my part, I stayed a forum member, even submitted a poem for the 09 trip when asked by a group of Cathe fans, but I digress. I did at one point change my screen name to Bear93, the ONLY TIME I have ever done so. I can't consider myself an adult when I have to do something so childish as to change my screen name on an internet message board...I expect more out of myself than that..so Bear93 went to the wayside, real quick.

Here is where the "fruitcake" comment comes into play...call it what you want..this, again, is only my opinion...but, consider...

There are people here who get angry because their original post count didn't show up on the new website...

There are people on here that admit to being hurt because someone 1-starred them on an intenet message board.

You know what hurts me, when my wife gets sick, when I have a bad day at work, things that actually matter in life...

Really, in closing, I ask myself...why would I continue to patronize a woman/company that has disrespected me...in that reard, there is no bigger fruitcake than yours truly..so lest another person get wrongly accused of the "fruitcake response"..that came from me..someone who is more than willing to admit that he has been a fruitcake longer than I'd really care to remember..but I have the chance to change that, so I am signing off for the last time, the last Cathe DVD has been packed away, ready for donation somewhere.

It really is time to go, for good.

Jerry,

Haven't heard from you for a very long time.

What happened on the road trip that Cathe wouldn't want you back for yet another road trip?

Janie

Jerry:

No experience in life is so bad that we cannot learn from it. No experience is wasted.

Take what you can learn from this experience and then, like the packaged DVDs by Cathe, put it all behind you. Start a new chapter, get on with your life. You know what's important to you and who you want to be. Go be that person.

Good luck.

Clare

Jerry,

Haven't heard from you for a very long time.

What happened on the road trip that Cathe wouldn't want you back for yet another road trip?

Janie

Good grief! I'm wondering the same thing.

I remember all the Monday trips to Cathe's for the TriStaters, never got to go dang it, and all the light and seemly friendly banter posted after ...and now to find out Jerry was asked not to go back to Cathe's gym, or however it was worded,...it's all pretty confusing.:(

What in the world happened?:confused:

I am sure there are two sides to this story.

Wondering if I'm the only one who doesn't want to hear it aired out on the forum? Is there a smiley with his fingers shoved in his ears somewhere? Cat, you know of one? :eek: You know this is all your fault Laura! For going and having that birthday and all! See all the trouble you have caused??? ;)

BTW - VERY good post Clare.

Last edited:
DARN that b'day! Well, in honor of you all, I am cancelling it every year for the rest of my life. ;)

Hey, the name eaglobo seems to ring a bell also............hmmmm..........

Man, I am such an out-of-the-loop nerd...I know we've had our topic smack-downs over the years but I had no idea any of this kind of thing was going on over the years...I thought I was in Mayberry when really it's like Knots Landing up in here. :D

Laura, if you're not gonna use your b-day can I have it? I wouldn't mind doubling up on the gifts this year, I'm redoing some rooms and need stuff. :D

You know I have no business in this thread, and I use to post a lot more as well, choosing to lurk more than post now, but I think it's just wrong when people make statements that have some factual basis but are phrased in a way to be this misleading.

Umm Jer-bear, or eaglobo, or bear93 or whoever you are today, please be truthful. You - and MANY of the rest of us - know that Cathe did NOT ask you not to attend the 2009 RT. Your discussion of "invading" the 4 Points Diner at the end of the RT comes to mind. You CHOSE not to register for the RT, am I right? And the way the tri-stater thing ended, yes, many were privvy to that breakup as well. There seem to have been quite a few "break ups" and "good riddances" issued by this gentleman. <<<<shuffles back into lurkerdom now>>>>

Man, I am such an out-of-the-loop nerd...I know we've had our topic smack-downs over the years but I had no idea any of this kind of thing was going on over the years...I thought I was in Mayberry when really it's like Knots Landing up in here. :D

Laura, if you're not gonna use your b-day can I have it? I wouldn't mind doubling up on the gifts this year, I'm redoing some rooms and need stuff. :D

Of course you can! Are you sure though? You'd turn 100 in 50 years! :eek:

Umm Jer-bear, or eaglobo, or bear93 or whoever you are today, please be truthful. You - and MANY of the rest of us - know that Cathe did NOT ask you not to attend the 2009 RT. Your discussion of "invading" the 4 Points Diner at the end of the RT comes to mind. You CHOSE not to register for the RT, am I right? And the way the tri-stater thing ended, yes, many were privvy to that breakup as well. There seem to have been quite a few "break ups" and "good riddances" issued by this gentleman. <<<<shuffles back into lurkerdom now>>>>

That's the way I remembered it too, Lorie!! There was a lot of discussion about "crashing" the RT and some people found this inappropriate. I don't find anything wrong with Cathe asking to not crash the RT.

What the HELL are you talking about??? Maybe I've been under a rock, though it's nice and quiet under there. I don't even pretend to remotely understand any of this. Probably a good thing, I suppose.

I cannot fathom what you or anyone else would do to have Cathe tell you not to attend an event of hers...or maybe my mind just doesn't want to go there. :confused:

I am confused on this one, but whatever, it isn't the first or last time I won't know whatt's going on. :)
I would say I think Cathe would never tell someone NOT to attend a function. Doesn't seem like her at all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.