Clomid

kittymom

Cathlete
My doc is starting me on clomid day 5-9 of my next cycle. For those of you that used it, how long did it take you to conceive? My husband and I have been ttc since April and i have been having irregular periods since. I had been on the pill for 16 yrs. Any input would be helpful.

TIA
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

DH and I were trying for 7 months. I started Clomid on the 8th month and got pregnant with that first round. The side effects were minimal, although it temporarily played with my eyesight a little.

Good luck to you.

Hi Shannon,

Dh and I tried for ll months to get pregnant and I got pregnant with the first taking of the pill. I also end up having twins!

kim

Each woman will have an individual experience. I am sorry to be the dud but I completed 5 cycles of Clomid and 2 or 3 cylces of Clomid plus Follistim and never conceived. I do have to beautiful babies though who were conceived without infertility treatments.

Best of luck to you!
Autumn

We tried for 8 months...got pregnant and had a miscarriage...tried for another 8 months...did one round of Clomid 50mg Cycle days 5-9 and got pregnant the 1st try.

I was already ovulating on my own. I believe the Clomid just gave the egg a little boost and helped my progesterone. I am 37 weeks pregnant.

Good luck!

Janna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.