clean eating, what's your grocery bill?

I usually spend $1000 every month (sometimes a little more) for 5 of us. The boys take their lunch almost every day to school plus they have snack time at school and have to take a snack (8&10 yr. boys) and my youngest son who is 3 has to have snacks a couple times a day. We have found that if he doesn't he gets up in the middle of the night. Only figured this out the last few months (before that he was up every night).

I spend about $200.00 per week for the four of us. . That doesn't include protein powders or pharmacy stuff(vitamins,bath & body care,shampoos etc.). Half of that cost is spent at the produce store. I am fortunate to have a DH that cooks every night and we have to have fresh veggies and herbs to cook with all the time.

Aila

I also spend a lot of money on food. Healthy eating can be very expensive, though lentils are real cheap..:) Most of the money goes to organic dairy, prewashed salads (yes, I'm lazy) cold cuts (turkey breast, low fat cheese) and one pound doesn't last too long in the family of 4. Healthy cereals are not cheap either and my 220 lb son can eat a lot of it. Costo is a blessing, I ususally go once a week and never come out with less than about 200 dollars. That also includes drinks, Gatorade, water, Propel water. Another place is Wholefoods, you very rarely come out with less than 300 dollars.So I'd say it is about 400/week in NJ. And I cook almost every day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.