clean^eaters^tuesday

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning all,

Not much time right now. Just hopped out of the shower and got to get ready to pick up the girls for lunch in a bit.

This morning was Low Max 4-7 and sjp abs. Low Max was hard with my leg DOMS.

We leave Thursday morning for our trip to the Loire Valley. So I'm going to double up tomorrow and just really hope to get a WO in on Saturday and Sunday. It will be hard though because Saturday we won't get home until late afternoon and working out after a 4 hour drive with kids... and Sunday I go to pick up my mom so we'll see...

Today, eats will be clean.

I'll be back in the afternoon (well, still your morning).

MorningAngie & all the sleepyheads to follow!:D

Angie, All of your travelling sounds so wonderful! What an opportunity! Think of all you get to show your girls! Hope you get your WOs in!

Busy day today - Groceries this morning and I work at Kgarten all afternoon. Its Gym Day so I'll get a bonus cardio in! Tonight Laura and I are watching Lost at her house. Will have to do my weights right after dinner - hopefully M obliges me with 20 minutes to get them in. And I think Laura & I can fit in a HIIT before Lost starts. Maybe I can do some stretching w/ the girls this morning.

gotta run - JuJu is waking!

xoxo

Good morning Girls !

I just lost a post again ! grrrrrrrrrrr!

Well, in short , I said that yesterday I did CC 5 on the bike. I'm going to delay starting the new rotation until I start feeling better. This pulled (trap?) muscle is NOT healed yet !! So no weight work for a while. :(

Angie- have fun on your trip.
Kate-have fun at kindergarten! ; )

I'll walk on TM or bike again . It's a rainy day here, so it's an inside workout for sure.

Becky, Thats awful about your muscle! HHave you tried icing it to reduce swelling?
Rainy day here too! Thatll make groceries really fun! NOT!!! :p

Morning!

Whoever said that Push Pull is easy never did the 3 set upper body premix with heavy weights! Can you say DOMS?! Today is lower body and 20 minutes of run/walk after Nevena and I get home from a soggy trip to the nature center. Thankfully no storms.

Angie, just do your best with your workouts. It's really tough when you're tarveling or have visitors.

Kate, I hate grocery shopping in the rain:( Have fun at school today!

Becky, sorry about the pulled muscle. I think waiting is a wise idea.

Morning ladies! I am feeling really really good this morning, *fingers crossed* that it continues but I think we all know how that can turn on a dime! I am motivated for good eats today since I am feeling good - no cheez-its to keep the nausea at bay:eek:

So here is my dilemma... I seem to feel best on the days that I sleep later in the morning (getting up between 545 and 6). But on the flip side, it leaves no time to workout... Some evenings I can get it in, and some I just can't. Ugghhhh.....

Kate, I forgot about your warrior dash! Have fun at K!
Klaudia, I really like your eating plan! I think one of my problems is my daily cereal...
Angie, sounds like you have a fun weekend planned!
Becky, OUCH on the pulled muscle. Take it easy!

Katie, SLeep in! If you get an evening WO, great! If not, dont sweat it! Your energy will probably return in the 2nd tri and you'll be feeling fantastic! I had WEEKS in the 1st tri that I didn't even WALK and it didnt hurt a bit in the long run. You're doing great - keep it up!:) And if you need a few Cheezits to keep from up-chucking I say go for it! I ate my body weight in white bread while in the 1st tri! I was scared I would never want another salad again - they just repulsed me. Once the 2n tri came I was back to eating htem daily.

Klaudia, WTG on the WO! I am BURNIN' from STS chest yday! Love it!
Have fun today on the fiels trip! And get that WO! :D

Fashionistas, I need you help! (KLAUDIA!) I am looking for a ring to replace my wedding band. IT's solid gold/silver. It doesnt fit (too big!) and I just want somehting a little more stylish. I dont want jewels, just something decorative, probably silver/silverish. I've looked at JCrew, banana, garnet hill, boden - all my usual places. Even Target:p. Can you think of somewhere for me to look?

Last edited:
good morning, sort of - finn woke me at 3:45 saying he wanted his breakfast. i finally got him back to sleep but did not have as much time for my run. i will finish up later and do chest and tris and yoga. the good news is finn is totally fine, so we are off to swim lessons. also, i think we could have either of the 2 houses i like. one has a pool, so i'd have to deal with that, but it is so darn cute. the other is smaller but has a kid friendly back yard. neither has a ton of room for my workout area:eek: but they will manage. decisions!

katie, i second kate - sleep in if it keeps the nausea at bay. can you walk at lunch? just get to that second tri, and you will be a new woman. and i cannot tell you how many plain white sugar cookies finn demanded i eat first tri:p

katie, fun evening for you!! sorry no help on the jewlry. i have zero fashion sense.

becky, so sorry for the muscle. do you have a foam roller or tennis ball you can roll on that area?

morning klaudia - now i need to get that workout!!

angie, you are such a great mom and traveler. good luck with the workouts.

bbl

NIna, Both houses sound wonderful! Personally, I'm in love with pools right now!:D
Sorry for the early wake up! GR!

Klaudia, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I knew you would come thru for me! There are so many on there that are perfect! You're the best!

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been tired the past couple of days and I don't know why. It has been cooler outside so maybe that is the reason. I did manage to drag myself out of bed and do KPC. DH has been in a funk since we saw his family on Saturday. Their 12 year old Newfoundland dog was not eating and he thinks the end is near for her. His mom took the dog to the vet yesterday and they are not sure what is wrong.

Angie, sorry the girls pulled a fast one on you yesterday. Good plan for the workouts. I usually try to do something easy when I come back from a trip.
Kate, I never knew that you were a Lost fan. I can't believe there are only 3 more episodes. Hope you can get your workout in tonight.
Becky, sorry your injury has you sidelined. Good plan to wait until it is healed.
Katie, I agree that you should sleep in if that makes you feel better.
Nina, that is great you found 2 houses that are possibilities. It's nice to be able to have a choice.
Klaudia, I love Tiffany's. Sorry your nature center trip will be soggy. I love your new food plan. DH buys all the bad snacks at the grocery store and I wish he would stop. So what are your meals for today?
Lisa, sorry about the nausea. Walking with P definitely counts as a workout.
Anne, enjoy your time with TCB.
Clintonya, did you finish sewing the costumes last night?
Wendy, how is JJ doing?

b: buff smoothie, scrambled eggs
l: salmon quesadilla from ce magazine
s: blueberries w/ greek yogurt & almonds
d: steak, asparagus, sweet potato

morning gals! JJ STILL has a fever, its been since sat night now. we made an appt with a pedi here for today at 1pm. i just cant stand going to that urgent care clinic even if we are only here for a short time. once the motrin gets in him the fever comes down and he's not lethargic and he eats OK. its just totally unexplained and it freaks me out.

yday did flow class in the morning (yoga/pilates) and combat in the evening (KB). i weighed in on friday and am 1.3 lbs, which i would not be excited about at home but since they use a super fancy accurate machine for the weekly weigh-in I AM EXCITED!!! more to come, I PROMISE!!!!!! my eating was only 80% recently with the sight-seeing food and mothers day so I know i would have been down even more than 1.3 lbs in one week and that is very motivating!

kate, a tiffany ring, yippee! pick out something unique and fabulous!

klaudia, how are the new food rules going? i always liked push pull. that was one of the first cathes i recorded off fitTV.

colleen, sorry about your DHs family dog. that is always hard. what is in that CE salmon quesadilla? i love that mag for ideas and pics but they use expensive ingredients sometimes.

angie, your trip sounds amazing! enjoy!! our next trip is probably going to be something short involving trains for JJ, lol.

nina, personally id go for the big backyard... pool = a lot of work for just a rental IMO, unless the owners are servicing the pool regularly.

katie, you'll get your energy back before you know it and right now your body wants to sleep! as long as you're not eating like crazy you'll be just fine.

becky, OUCH and so sorry =( your trap... thats like upper back, right?

We're back! The wind was wicked fierce-it's blowing the rain sideways! Luckily we spent our time indoors-saw some turles and snakes then watched a short presentation. We opted out of the walk.

Colleen, Darrin's the saboteur here too. Danica's not thrilled but that's too bad. When she's on her own, she can eat crap to her heart's content. So sorry about Chris' dog:( It's hard losing a pet, no matter your age.

Wendy, way to go on the weight loss! Let us know how the doc appt goes. I think as long as he's eating and not lethargic, it's nothing too serious, but I know what it's like to be freaked out by kids and illnesses, that's for sure!

Meals:

B-oatmeal w/flaxseed, cottage cheese, 1 cup raspberries
L-turkey and cheese wrap with spinach, grape tomatoes and carrots
S-Greek yogurt or glass of milk, apple or banana
D-turkey tacos, corn and black bean salad

Angie - Yay for your trip being right around the corner! I wouldn't worry too much if you don't get to wo. You do have a long weekend ahead of you.

Kate - They're having this LOST tour here and all this LOST stuff, but I haven't watched it since forever so I have no clue what's going on. Hope you find a ring you like.

Katie - I say sleep in as well. You're almost in your 2nd tri and life will be so much different than. I'm in the beg. of my 1st and wishing for the 2nd tri already.

Becky - Rest up that muscle!

Klaudia - I think posting menus is a really good idea. I was inspired by you so I'm making a weekly menu for dinner so my kids will be well fed.

Nina - That is a hard decision. I'm not a pool person only because I see it as one more thing to worry about, but that's me. I hate having to groom my dog so I can't see taking care of a pool either, but if you don't mind then that would be so much fun for the kids to have I would think.

Colleen - Dreary days make me want to stay in bed also.

Wendy - Has he had roseola yet? I know when P got it she had high fevers for almost a week with no other symptoms and once the fever broke she broke out in a rash all over her torso. Hope the little guy gets better soon. Poor baby! I know the stomach flu is going around where we live.

I feel so bloated ladies. Between feeling nauseous and tired, I feel gross and bloated. I am going to workout right after this. Not sure what yet. I have a dentist appt. on Thrus. for that canker sore or whatever it is. I'm only on week 6 and feel so nasty that I can't imagine doing this for another six more weeks. I'm going to do some grocery shopping for the week so we can eat better than head out to Old Navy for some dresses to hide my bloated belly! Alright off to work out.

oh lisa, hugs - shopping sounds heavenly right now - can i come??

klaudia, that trip sounds fun, but sorry about the weather. your menu looks fantastic!

wendy, finn has cycling fevers too. glad you are getting into the dr. how long are you in ca? where do you go next?

kate, post a pic of what you get.

colleen, sorry for the fatigue. take it easy on yourself.

well, we made it to the pool, then finn started feeling bad again. aidan had a lesson, which he loved, and i held finn. we got home and he fell asleep on the couch. he woke and had a miniscule amount of lunch,s eems better, and is now napping again. why do i think i am going to be up all night with him??? i did my run and weights. i need to do some yoga, but i am frankly worn out - my guys are so needy!! i am pricing kid-gard fencing for pools. the rent includes all pool and yard maintenance. i am hoping dh makes the choice for me. either way, we will decide by sunday, b/c we leave for a 5 day trip to my brother in charlotte then dh's parents at smith mountain lake. i feel wayyyy to tired to even think about going away, but it will work out i guess. anyways, eats are clean and tidy, and i will do yoga in a few. bbl

Nina - That would be so much fun if we could go shopping together! Sorry that Finn is still not feeling well. Hope the yoga refuels your energy.

Did MMA Boxing minus the abs then B&G ball floor work then did my tri's. Now I'm just trying to get ready for the day. Need to find a new vet for my dog. Her vet went back to college to get a teaching degree. How odd, but I guess that's her dream job?? I don't know, but now I feel stuck trying to find a new vet and go through all of that and all before we have to leave for our trip in mid-June. We have our family reunion on another island so no big trip, but will be gone for about six days. The good thing is the place we board her at had space during a busy time so I'm glad that worked out. Would hate to have to find a new place for that also. Anyway, trying to push through the day so I don't think about the nausea.

Wendy, the quesadilla had pretty basic ingredients - salmon (I used bagged salmon but fresh would have been better), artichoke (I didn't have any and didn't miss it), scallions, tomato, spinach (I used frozen), laughing cow garlic & herb cheese (I had some in the fridge but you could use cream cheese), and ww tortillas. Hope JJ gets better soon.
Nina, sorry about finn. I hope he doesn't keep you up at night. That's nice that the house with the pool includes the maintenance.
Lisa, hope you find some cute dresses at Old Navy. I never thought that they would have the LOST tour but if it makes $ why not.
Klaudia, glad you only had to do the indoor portion of the field trip. I hate rain and wind together. How do you make your corn and black bean salad?

I think we are going to have pork instead of steak tonight. DH refuses to cook steak inside and it is raining out. I had some almonds this morning but other than that my eats have been perfect. Let's hope I can avoid DH's snack food when I get home tonight.

Hi, trying to check in from my phone - at the 2nd dress rehearsal - did kpc yesterday, no w/o today, will be back in the morning if I can wake up -these late nights don't agree w/me!

Colleen - You can do it! Funny how men equate steak with grilling.

Kate - I've had too many "what's wrong with me" days! You can easily get back up and start again. Try the brushing your teeth trick or just stay away from the kitchen or wherever the culprits may be hanging out!

Clintoya - I know what you mean about late nights. I am such an old lady now. I can't stay up very late and if I do my mornings are just horrible!

Didn't make it to Old Navy. Got caught up talking to a friend at the grocery store which ate up my time so rushed back home before P's nap time. Making a ham/bean/veggie soup for dinner. Might sneak in some yoga. Need to de-stress! Summer activities are adding up money wise, ack!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.