CLA OR L-GLUTAMINE

laura35

Cathlete
Does anyone use either of these two supplements. I read up on both. Lglutamine saying that it helps curb cravings and prevent a build up of lactic acid in the muscles. ClA claiming to help people maintain an healthy weight and get leaner while losing fat. Lglutamine is suppose to be a amino acid the body already produces but could need more of. If you use either of these two what brand do you use and what benefits have you seen? I thought maybe the Lglutamine might help me with my running, help preventing lactic acid during my more intense workouts,not sure though.

I use L-glutamine from Bioactive Nutrients, www.bioactivenutrients.com It gives me a lot of energy when I take it before I run. It has many benefits, including helping the whole digestive system, leaky gut, etc. I do notice a difference and do take it every morning in my protein shake, and when I work out. On the bioactive website, it gives great explanation of L-glutamine's benefits.

I use both. IMO both are great supplements. CLA has helped me lose quite a bit of body fat and I was reading that L Glutamine has fat burning properties too...when taken before exercise more calories are suppose to be burned. Its also suppose to be effective at boosting GH. But my main reason for using it is to help fuel my muscles after a workout. I buy both of mine at GNC. I dont think you can go wrong with either.

Tassha

what is GH? thanks, I wasnt sure if you could take both together or not. also I was checking it out at the above website and it says it helps with problem solving and cognitive skills,fatigue,depression,anger,improves memory in children and adults. I was wondering if I could gives this to my kids? I one son has trouble concentrating sometimes. I guess I should ask their doctor though. But I might start this myself for all the things listed that it can help with. thanks !

what have you seen by using the L-glutamine. faster recovery after workouts,more defintion with muscles? does it help you have more energy for your workouts?

I just bought some of this at walmart, EAS brand but it is only 5 mg. When I looked on vitacost theirs was 1000mg. does anybody know really how much one should consume of this per day? thats a big difference as far a mg's go. EAS is a good brand I think, that is why I bought it.

L-glutamine in powder form. It is the EAS brand so I thought I would try it since GNC was 40$ in powder form. I couldnt find it anywhere locally in pill form. I am hoping to see a difference in post workout muscle recovery . It supposably does alot of helpful things for the body.

ok Laura...Catabolism or muscle break down can occur if the body robs muscles of glutamine for use elsewhere such as nitrogen transport or maintaining the immune system. Glutamine supplementation is certainly important in keeping muscles building--not deteriorating (<---That's from bodybuilding.com) Have I noticed anything from taking this supplement? well I just started so it's hard to say. plus I still have about 10 lbs to lose but I've heard such good things concerning L Glutamine that I decided to start taking it.

The kind I have is in pill form. 1500mg per serving. I take 2 before I exercise and 2 after...so I'm only getting 3gr a day. I've read where you can take up to 10gr a day. (5,000mg twice a day) which is probably the correct dosing for optimal results.

HTH

Tassha

so then why does the powder form only have 5 mg in it? It says to take up to 3x day but that still isnt as much as the pill form. if you go on vitacost.com and search for EAS L-glutamine and look under the ingredients you can see what I mean. I just want to make sure I am taking enough to be beneficial. I dont want to waste my time taking this if it isnt going to benefit me. I am hoping to see results from this.OOps I just went back and its 5 grams not 5 mgs,sorry. I am not good at the metric system but I am sure that is a big difference.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.