Circuit Max

fit4life

Hi, everyone! I have a question I hope some of you may be able to help me with.

I am contemplating purchasing Circuit Max--the format sounds fun, but in my rotations I do quite a bit of weight training (I have MIS, PS Series and S&H series). So the question is: Would it be okay to do Circuit Max the day after a weight training day, or would I be working the same muscle group two days in a row? Or is more like a cardio with just light weights for added intensity, in which case it wouldn't interfere with muscle recovery?

Thanks for any info!
Denise

Circuit Max is one of those videos you can "make" into what you want it to be. I use it with VERY light weights (3-5#) when I do it either the day before or a day after heavy weight training. But if you wanted to use it as one of your weight training days, you could "beef" up the weight and go as heavy as possible and count it as a light-moderate weight training for the week. The pace is fast, and I believe in just about every post I've ever read by Cathe that she considers it as a cardio workout. But I've used it both before and after heavy weight training days, and I just keep the weight very light.
If you do a search on "circuit max" you'll see numerous posts and replies on the subject.
Donna

I agree with Donna's comments. I use Circuit Max as a leg/cardio workout, ie. instead of doing bicep curls as you squat, I do barbell squats that way I'm omitting the upper body work so I can do this tape either the day before or after uppper body. It's more of an intense CTX Power Circuit when done this way.

Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.