Christi's Heaven Videos

SusanR

Cathlete
I just read some great reviews on Christi Taylor's Hi-Lo Heaven
and Step Heaven videos. I was wondering if anyone has these tapes and what do you think of them?

Thanks,
SusanR

Hi SusanR,
I have both tapes and love them. I was neither a Christi or Hi/Lo fan until I got these. Christi's choreography seems tailor made (no pun intended) to the music. Whenever I hear one of the songs from her tapes in another video, I want to stop and put in one of the Heavens. The choerography is certainly challenging but do-able. I was very frustrated with (and intimidated by) her CIA 9801 tape but I didn't have too much difficulty picking up the moves in the Heavenly tapes. I highly recommend both tapes. Hi/Lo Heaven is my favorite, even though I much prefer step tapes . Good luck!

luv em

If you like dancy and intense-you'll love these! I agree that the choreography is a little more challenging than most, but it's certainly do-able. I'll admit-I'm an aerobic animal (as Christi puts it ;-) ) and picked it up in 2 tries without previewing...but I love choreography as a nice change of pace from the more athletic and intense moves from Cathe. To me her moves almost seem "instinctive", like they belong in THAT particular sequence in ONE specific way with JUST the right music-the music rocks BTW!!!
give em a shot!!! :D

Susan,

I'm with the other 2 respondees . . . GO FOR IT! There is a rightness to the way the moves and the music ( which is the BEST on any of my videos, I have to say ) come together that defies description. I don't like hi/lo as a general rule, but I like Hi/Lo Heaven even more than Step Heaven! I've heard other non hi/lo lovers say the same. And if you really don't like them, you'll be able to get a great trade over at the VF exchange, so you can't lose! :)

Erin

I've been thinking about these as well - quick question, do they take up a lot of space? As much space as, say. Circuit Max, and if so, can you modify without wrecking the choreography?

Thanks,
Sophie

Thanks Everyone..

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-00 AT 04:59PM (Est)[/font][p]for your replies. Iam always hesitant to order other instructor videos because I have found so many of them to not be very good as in professional, intensity, way too easy, boring, ect.....

I forgot to ask of you think that they would be classified as advanced workouts?

Thanks again,
SusanR

space requirements

I don't think that these tapes take up much space, I don't have a huge area to workout in but and the grapevines or slides take a bit of room, however most of them-the accent is up so your intensity is going upwards instead of horizontal...at least IMHO :D
take care
julie

Advanced Choreography - Intensity???

I wasn't going to post as everyone else spoke so eloquently about Christi's videos, but since you asked another question - I have to jump in because I love the Heavenly series.

As others have said the choreography is challenging - the bad news is it can drive you crazy at first. You probably read in some of the VF reviews about people wanting to throw their tapes at the TV. Me..I just sat on the floor and cried (Julie - only two times through and you got it down - amazing! However, I would expect nothing less from an Iowa girl (I grew up in Cedar Rapids)). The good news is once you learn the steps the workout stays fresh because it's so complex, there's always a subtle hand movement or a little extra bounce on a twirl to add some spice. And, as others have said, the moves just "feel right." I don't have a dance background, so this is the closest I'll ever get to feeling graceful - but I can tell you, I always have a smile on my face when I finish. As with Cathe, I don't feel as though I'm working out to a video - it seems as though she's right in the room.

As for intensity - keep in mind these are longer videos, 50 minutes of aerobics if you do sections 1 and 2, 75 if you do all (in Step Heaven). I couldn't maintain a Cathe-type intensity for that length of time - I know there are some Amazons who post here who could, but for a mere mortal such as myself HA! IMHO the Heavenly workouts vary between low to mid-range Advanced in intensity but for a longer period of time. I'm always dripping by the time I finish and feeling as though I worked hard.

I think Cathe and Christi videos are very complimentary - they both give you a great workout - just in different ways. They have a similar business philosophy in that they have an incredible commitment to their fans and to constantly asking us to be and do our best and supporting us in that effort. It's to their credit (and an indication of how classy they are) that they each post links to the other's website

FWIW - good luck and enjoy!

Janet

I had never seen Christi, but had the opportunity on the Cathe Trip. The moves and her cues impressed me so! I am watching Ebay to pick them up used.

I love challenging choreography too and after the Cathe trip have found her moves very easy to pick up after the preview in Cathe's live classes. I was falling all over me feet there, but now am moving almost like a pro :)

I much prefer DVDs, but will buy a VHS tape if it is quality, highly recommended, and I have a chance to preview it. And lastly, it is only available on VHS.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.