Christi Taylor

L

Lemoncustard

Christi Taylor has just filmed two new videos: one hi-lo and one step. They will be in VHS and DVD. I understand that they will be on sale at her web site http://www.taylordfitness.com on March 1st and shipped on March 15th.

I have not ever done any of her videos. I have heard that they are wonderderful but dancier than Cathe's. I understand though that in her most recent ones she has had people do the easier versions in the back row while other exercisers did the dancier version.

My question is: how is her cueing and how hard are her routines to learn?

Rhonda

I personally think her cuing is GREAT, her choreography is complex and very dancy, lots of fun. Sometimes though, she will demo a move by saying watch me and then not break it down as well. But that is usually with some of the simpler moves. She does have some who modify all the way through her last set, the Heavenly series, the 1st and 3rd stages show modifications. To me, her routines just flow...the turns seem very natural and fluid, and the music esp. makes it feel like you're dancing. While my HR is a little lower with Christi than with Cathe as a general rule, I still get a GREAT workout with both, and I'd consider myself advanced...not sure if she's gonna do it or not, but there was talk about a section on the DVD for breaking moves down a little more!
take care
julie

I agree with Julie. Cathe's workouts get my heart rate up higher than Christi's tapes do. I feel like I'm at a party with Christi. I enjoy singing with the music and feel like I'm 'dancing' w/ my step. Her tapes are fun. Christi isn't as polished as Cathe but is an EXCELLENT instructor. I would call Cathe the queen of step and Christi the princess. I am able to do the first segments of Christ's Step Heaven and Still Steppin. The second sections are tough for me and I wonder if I'll ever get the choreography. I would really love the tapes once I get the moves down. I think Cathe is easier to follow because she breaks the moves down more. I've never tried Christ's hi/lo but have read she is great. I plan on buying both of Christi's new workouts in March. She is fun and the time flies when working out w/ her. I recommend adding her to your collection.

Christi and Cathe are competely different
Cathe is very sports oriented stepping - basic steps with lots of intensity

Christi is dance oriented with lots of choreography twists turns and pivots. I enjoy both instructors a lot.
Some days I want Cathe type stepping and somedays I want to do dancy Christi stuff. I think it is good to have both types of workouts in you repetoire.
While I think part 1 of step heaven and and hi/lo heaven are easier to learn a lot of people like to start with Still jumpin and still steppin because of the modifiers in the background.

Bobbi brings up an excellent point. He hi/lo tapes are space hogs. Well I think most any hi/lo tapes is a space hog. So if you don't have a lot of room her hi/lo is definitely not for you. Her step tapes take up the same amount of room as Cathe step tapes so if you can do Cathe in you space you can do Christi step in your space.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Christi Taylor! I do her Hi-Lo and step tapes in an 8X8 space, sometimes needing to travel off into 8X10 or 8X12 land if I don't modify a grapevine to the front rather than to the side...
I agree that she and Cathe are completely different. Cathe is easier to follow because her moves are not complex. Christi's choreography is more complex, which makes her harder for some to follow--I for one find her cuing to be perfectly suited to me--I pick up almost everything the first time around. (She laughs at herself when she makes a little mistake, which is a nice touch :) )
I would say if you have trouble with some of Cathe's "dancier" stuff, like Stepworks, you will probably have trouble with Christi's stuff. But it is SO worth it!
Wendy

I really love Christi's workouts, but find that I can follow her hi/lo much easier than her step. I love her personality, choreography and music - her workouts are just a joy for me and make me feel so happy!

Thank you for all your replies.

Can her tapes be done with limited impact modifiers? I am able to do all of Cathe's tapes as long as I can modify some of the highest impact moves.

Also, I think I read that the DVD will have a section which breaks down some of the moves. That should help.

I have only Christi's Still Jumpin and I love it. The thing I love most it the music - GREAT, the best I 've heard on exercise video so far! Read some reviews here: http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/taylor-sj.php
I have yet to write my own review :)

It took me several times to pick up the moves, but it was worth it. Still Jumpin is hi-lo, no step required. My workout space is small, but I have to modify only a little bit with this workout, so I would not call it a space hog, comparable to Cathe's MIC hi-lo in terms of the amount of space it takes. The intensity is less than MIC though, because there is less high-impact especially in the first half of the workout (the first half can be done pretty much almost all low-impact I think?). Intensity is high though. And if I want to have higher impact I can just add more jumps or turns ... Highly recommend :)

Olga

Christi Tapes (Still Steping and Still Jumping) are very simple to make lower impact. In fact I wouldn't consider Christi near as high impact as Cathe to start with. In Still Steping and STill Jumping the background exerciser are usually doing the low impact options.

Dawn W

I'll have to be the odd ball here and say I dont care for Christy, though I can see why she's popular. Her music and personality is fun and upbeat. I just really dislike dancey choreography. I hate twists, pivots, cha cha's etc. I have her hi/lo tape Still Jumpin' if anyone is interested in a trade.

Stacy

Stacy

I'm interested in the Still Jumpin' I have many tapes. What might you be interested in? If you don't mind posting your email address, I'll contact you...
-joy

Hi! What tapes do you have, I'm interested in athletic, intense cardio tapes. I dont have anything more specific in mind at the time. I already own all of Karen Voight's tapes, a few Mindy Mylrea and I should add that I dont like the FIRM. Thanks!

Stacy

Well, I really need to go check. I have several cia's and some Mindy's. I have a few kb tapes and well, let me get a list together. It will probably be tomorrow before I can answer.
-joy

Hi Stacy,
I checked my inventory and I have some titles of vids for you to consider. May I email you (BTW I don't know how to do it through this website)

-joy

RE: Happy Hour high low is the only one I have mastered

I had 9801, Hi Low Heaven and Still Jumpin and traded them all. I like her Strength, Balance and Flexibility tape too. I have not really tried her step tapes since I needed hi lo for cross training purposes. I am hoping her new tapes will be a little less complex and need less room. I think Still Jumpin could have been more doable but after trying it once or twice, I decided to trade it because of the space factor. I will eventually try one of her less complex step tapes I think.

That all being said, I would say Happy Hour High Low is one of my favourite hi lo tapes, intense and not too complex. The abs are great too.

Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.