Christi Taylor/ Janis Saffell?

AngelBrt

Cathlete
Hey everyone! I have been thinking of buying a couple new videos, but after having found Cathe about 9 months ago I'm almost scared to try anyone else. But I thought that some of the videos by Christi Taylor and Janis Saffell looked interesting (Christi for aerobics and Janis in kickboxing) but I have no idea what these instructors are actually like. I would just buy more Cathe, but I was looking for some floor aerobics requiring no equipment. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Angela

Hi, Angela:

Personally, I like Janis' moves and energy a lot, but her cuing leaves something to be desired. I have two of her tapes that include kickboxing and I enjoy them regularly.

Christi is also very positive and fun with lots of creative moves. She is very dancy and complex, and somewhat less intense than Cathe. She is an excellent cuer.

Cathe is great and spoils us, but I think even she would agree that it's good to try other instructors just as a form of cross-training for the mind.

You might check out Franny Benedetto. I also like Jennifer Mills Palmer. Mindy (I can't think of her last name) is great if you don't have a lot of joint problems. For other kickboxing, Powerstrike I and II are very good. Fitprimes are getting good reviews.

Hope this wasn't too much information....Good luck.

--Ann

Hi Angela,

I happen to have alot of Christi Taylor tapes and one of Janis Saffell. I would strongly recommend Christi if you like to dance with complex choreography. She and Cathe are actually my favorites and I always talk about a dream workout with both of them. Anyway, I agree that she's not as intense as Cathe, but I like both intensity and difficult dance moves, so I enjoy both equally.

As far as kickboxing, my favorite instructor is Debbie Burns. She has 2 videos I found on the CIA sites and they are very intense. If you want a little easier, Janis is OK, but I agree with the other comment about the cueing.

I hope that helps
Laura

Go to Collage Video (www.collagevideo.com). You can watch the streaming video of several Christi and Janis tapes. This should give you a little better idea of the instructor's style.

Neither Janis nor Christi is as intense (high impact) as Cathe. I like Christi a lot. She adds a lot of creative choreography, and her tapes are a lot of fun. I've tried Janis. She is not for me, but others seem to like her just fine.

Other good kick boxing tapes are TaeBo, CIA 2203, CIA 2K04 (step kickbox) and PowerStrike. CIA (www.ciavideo.com) is a really good series of different instructors, different styles of aerobic and toning. I don't think they have as many streaming video samples, but once again, you can go to Collage for that.

http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/mojolisa/mojolisa2.jpg

Hi Angela. I sent you an email about Christi/Janis. Just wanted to let you know so you don't think I'm too cheeky! -joy

I LOVE christi Taylor! Once you get her choreography, her workouts are a blast and a wonderful complement to Cathe's more intense cardio.

I have Step Heaven, Hi Low Heaven and Just for Fun Still Jumpin. They are all very fun! I would highly suggest, if you are looking for a Hi Low video to go with Hi Low Heaven or her new Hi Low video. They are both the same length (90 min). Hi Low Heaven is my favorite HI Low video that I own. I have had it for 2 years now and still find myself going back to it when I want a good hi low workout. I say go with Christi for sure. But that is my opion, I would definately check out videofitness and see what you think about the reviews first.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.