chinup checkin Mon 06/12

melodygirl

Cathlete
I'm baaaaacck!

I had a great weekend of fun, planting plants, unclean eating, and did catch up my rotation.

I'm doing cardio, core and walking lunges today. Back with upper body and negatives tomorrow.

Soooosan, you're so close that I'm considering not talking to you now. So am I about to be the only one who cannot do chins? Joanne and Janie, are you there yet?

Catherine, Briee, Kathryn - I'll wave to you, but not speak. :+

Amy, are you working on chinups/pullups yet?

Will check back later to see what y'all have been up to.

Hey Melody, did you see on the last thread that I did chinups at Dicks!!! I was thinking of you as I did them LOL!! Couldn't resist.

I think today's gonna be a rest day for me- well I must get in some ab work.

Catherine

Melody-No, I am not there yet. But, Sooooosan's post yesterday made me get downstairs and work on them (thank you Soooosan). I feel it in my back today and I know it is from the attempted chinny's since I did not do any other upper body work yesterday. That is such a great feeling as now I know I was actually working!

Had a great weekend with the hubby biking in upper Minnesota. Nothing too hard but it was fun.

Joanne

Glad my post was motivating, but it is very touch and go with me. A friend and her 13-yr-old daughter were over yesterday attemptimg some chins and I tried to demonstrate how I can now get 1/2 way up from a dead hang and all the way up from a slightly bent-arm postition, but I didn't even come close to either! I was back to my usual 2-3 inches from a dead hang and all the way up from a 90 degree (rather than slightly bent) arm position. That's ONE day to the next! It's the same way for push-ups with me. Some days I can crank out 16 and others I can barely do 8. My body clearly needs its rest days. My next attempt will be tomorrow. I only did cardio and non-power yoga yesterday and today, so hopefully my muscles will be ready to go at the chins again.

Quick check in.

Mom's here for good.

3 children with full blown chicken pox, fever, chills, major whining as a result was up all night.

1 more (16 year old) just coming down with it, fever etc.

Don't know when I'll get to work out again in this lifetime.

I hate chicken pox.

1 heavenly donut.

Briee (thank you for letting me vent - I'll recover once I can get to the basement for a good workout)

Melody.....planting plants is so much fun. I got home today from Lacrosse to find my plant flattened. My mastiff laid on it. It's dead. Today was a hard day.

Ode to Begonia's. (My new song ;( ;( ;( ;( )

Briee

Briee, a {{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}} for you. Hang in there with the chicken pox! It can't last too much longer!

I forget if it's your mother or your MIL who's moved in. Does she need care? Do you get along?

Briee, hang in there. Sounds like life has been extra tough for ya. Hopefully it will calm down soon for ya.

Soooooooooooosan, I know exactly what you are talking about. The least little thing can interfere with my abitlity to do chins. I have to be super careful how I plan my workouts. If I do any upper body work the day before, forget being able to do well with chins x( You are soooooooooo close!!

Catherine

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Briee.

catherine, was it you doing chins at Dicks? Way to go. Could you come do those at the Dick's I go to - that way they know my crew and I arent' the only crazies.;-) :+

Will do UB, BBW and negatives today.

I still think we should do a "Dick's Sporting Good tour around the world" And we should all go and do chinups at Dick's all over the world!!!

Catherine

I just got done w/chins: Did 1/2 unassisted from a dead hang, then an unassisted w/slightly bent arms (which, I should clarify, means my knees are bent and my toes are touching the floor, but I'm not using momentum), then another 1/2 unassisted from a dead hang and then seven 10-ct negs. This was after two days of rest from weight work and my best reps to date. You guys have no idea how happy I'll be if I meet my goal by December. I was really starting to doubt if I could do it, but I have proven again and again that perseverance is the key. And frankly, if I don't meet my goal by December, I'll just keep at it cause I know I'll get there some day.

Thank you all so much for your motivation and your willingness to hang in there too!:)

>I tried to demonstrate how I can now
>get 1/2 way up from a dead hang and all the way up from a
>slightly bent-arm postition, but I didn't even come close to
>either!

Now isn't that annoying!
"Look what I can do!"
"Yeah, I'll BET you can do it!" (roll eyes)

I was back to my usual 2-3 inches from a dead hang
>and all the way up from a 90 degree (rather than slightly
>bent) arm position. That's ONE day to the next! It's the
>same way for push-ups with me. Some days I can crank out 16
>and others I can barely do 8. My body clearly needs its rest
>days.

I hear you on the need for recovery. If I try to do my attempts every other day, I haven't yet recovered enough. And once, I made the mistake of doing them two days in a row (that bar was just so tempting while I was hanging clothes on the rack next to it!) and my performance was pitiful! I did Mindy's Bootcamp workout yesterday, and prefaced it by some chin-up attempts: 1 3/4 plus one negative rep (I didn't have the gumption to do more negatives!). I think I would have done better (on the negatives, and maybe on the 1 3/4) if I'd waited one more day.

The resident "I'm going no where whiner" checking in.

Before PUB and my butt rotation w/o, I did 3 sets of chin negatives with the 5 ct hold at top and 10 slow count down. On the first 2 sets I held for 3 cts halfway down. That's it. Tried, but still can't budge from a dead hang or bent arms.

GO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOSAN GO SOOOOOOOOOOOOSAN!!!!

Everyone else, you're doing great. Have a good night.

BTW Briee sorry I missed you last night. I certainly hope things are improving at your house.

I still can't budge from a dead hang either, well, maybe ever so slight. I can pull up with my feet on the floor (Ooooh how I wish those counted as chins). I did PUB yesterday so no chins today. But, will do them tomorrow.

Briee-so sorry to hear about all the poxs at your house. This too shall pass! How far are you from Interstate 94? I travel down to Chicago to visit family (that is where I'm from) often so maybe I could meet up with you some day! Also, soon I will be going to the Waukesha area to visit a dear friend that is moving back there (I lived in Waukesha for 5 years).

Joanne

Thanks for all the hugs guys....I needed those hugs.

Chicken pox are still chugging along. I am pretty natural minded when it comes to meds, but this week we have gone through BOXES of Benedryl, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and Pink stuff (calomine lotion). My dd has a million (I'm not exagerating - there are chicken pox on her chicken pox, poor girl). It must be ending soon!! Now, my ds is just starting to get the bumps. He's last but not least:) .

Soosan, it's coming. You have such a steadfast attitude - I KNOW you will get there. You go girl!

My mom and I are getting along fine thus far (it is MY mom). She is acting a lot older and I have to chuckle at some things. What kind of pop do you want mom? "Pepsi, but not pepsi, you know something like it but not colored, oh anything is fine. Like 7up". Me - okay so you want 7up? "No I don't like 7up, but something like it, you know without the color". Me - Do you want Sprite? "Yes - that's it, or anything like it, anythings fine". Too cute. She's not doing chins yet...but we'll work on that next week.:7 :7 :7

I actually feel like going down to workout. Maybe I'll check in later. HSC sounds like fun. I need fun about now.

Briee

Briee -

Would you give your cute mom a hug from me? And here's another one for you {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}. I'm smiling while reading your story, God bless you, you wonderful woman.

Enjoy a good sweat, they do work wonders.

I will Melody, as soon I figure out what kind of soda she wants.:) :) You are so sweet.

Joanne...I forgot to tell you. I am very close to 94, will meet you anytime. I am about 35 minutes from Tomah(94 goes through there) or 45 from Mauston (which I like over Tomah - just a little nicer town). Where did you live when you lived in Chicago? I was in Mt. Prospect from age 11-17 and then went to Wheaton College and lived in Wheaton, Westmont, Hinckley, Arlington Hts. all at various times. Loved going to Chicago for food!! There was this little African Restaurant called Mama Desta's that had REALLY unique food - spicey hot -mmmmmmmmm. I'll never find the same kind of pizza here in Wisconsin, but not a biggy as I don't eat cheese anymore. Our donuts are JUST as good if not better. Let me know if you're planning a trip. I was in St. Charles, MN on Monday. Beautiful drive!!

I began HSC and got bored and moved onto Totally Tubular TurboJam, but I was not thrilled with that either. I'll try again in the AM. Any suggestions? Oh....I did 1 negative chin. Yep that's it, but it was a really good one :p :p :p :p

Briee

>>>Too cute. She's not doing chins yet...but we'll work on that next week.

Briee, you are so funny!! Keeping your sense of humor I am sure keeps you going!!

Catherine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.