Chinning for the fun of it,... 12/27/06

Melody, I love the beautiful new pix of your boys!:)

I'm glad we'll be speaking donutian. I minored in it in college and was looking for a way to keep it up.

Sooooooooooooosan, are ya ready for the big plunge in the morn!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Melody, glad to hear from ya. Knew the donuts would call to all loyal chinners LOL!!

Briee, are ya over that bug yet?? Recovery sucks!!

Joanne, keep us posted on what's up with your tricep issues.

And where did Miss Janie go. I KNOW she didn't decide to leave us!!!

I think Deb spends her days on the chinup bar and doesn't have time to post.

My dog's have obviously spotted a squirrel outside and won't quit barking. Maybe I should join them LOL!!

Today I did S&H L&S. Did chinups too- 20 of them. My hard work for the day is done. Now on to that champagne I bought LOL!! Not really until much later.

Have a good one and a safe holiday!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Happy New Year everybody! New Year's Eve was a blast and the Polar Bear Plunge wasn't as bad as I expected. The weather was warm and rainy (63 degrees) and the water temperature was about 47 degrees. About 30 people aged 6-71 held hands and ran into the water. The rain was a good thing because it took the edge off the shock of the cold water as people stood waiting for everyone to arrive at the water's edge before running in. Some people went in more than once (not me!). This is the second time we've had this event (I wasn't there last year) and I think it's really going to grow. It was very cool and I'm glad I did it.

School starts for my high-schooler tomorrow and the next day for my younger two. I'm not ready to get back into our normal routine yet! I think I have PUB on my plate for tomorrow.

Somebody give that lady a donut!!!!!!!!!

That looks SO bizarre. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm feelin better, but still kind of weak. And I think I ate everything in site today....EVERYTHING!

A wonderful Cathe cyberfriend sent me the new turbojams for Christmas and I did the Total Body blast last night. It was pretty good. I must confess that I watched the clips at the end of the DVD and they showed a segment on yoga booty ballet. I haven't looked much into this, but it almost attracted me to yoga.(it looked like an "active" style of yoga). Anyone ever done these??? They may be a little too dancey. I was impressed by the women that could do them. I'm looking for a "style" that I could do with my Thursday workout women that would be completely nonintimidating for women who never work out. I'd love to get others involved who would not normally exercise and these looked so fun that maybe they would catch on.

Soosan....our new years eve party was fun, but low key. No tubing, iceskating, etc because NO SNOW!!! Too warm. So we played games. My son led our youth in a LOUD game of Pit. He was most certainly the loudest. I kept saying "he's not my son, he's not my son....." kind of what I told the US government the other dayx( x( .

Briee

Hey Chinsters!

Catherine-I tried to do a neg yesterday and it still hurt. It is slowly feeling better. Dips are about the only exercise that doesn't hurt. Thanks for asking.

Melody-great picture of your boys.

Briee-Hope you are all better. Did you get some snow New Year's Eve? We did and I took a walk around 9:30 p.m. and it was so pretty.

Michelle-Sooosan got me started on Yoga too. Haven't done it lately and I actually miss it.

Sooooooosan-You crazy girl. I watched a plunge a couple of years ago and I was freezing just watching. I'm one of those who won't go swimming unless it is at least 90 degrees.

Happy New Year!

Joanne

Catherine....I hate cheezey. But I'm trying so hard to find something that will be "un" intimidating and fun for non exercisers. So I'll skip those and stick to developing something "turbojammy" like I think. (then we'll stick some weights in there ;) :7 ).

Hey Joanne....Nope no snow...I'm jealous that you had a little!! We are going nuts here. The sleds are sitting on our patio, calling out. BUT no snow! The kids all wish they lived in CO.:7 :7 .

Briee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.