Chin-Up Check-In Fri, 6.9 (Melody's Birthday!)

Soosan

Cathlete
Happy birthday, Melody!!! What are you doing today? I'll bet your family has all kinds of surprises in store for you (take that any way you want}( ). I hope you have a fun-filled day!

We're off to Busch Gardens today. I managed to squeeze in HSTA yesterday and I have an 8am meeting at the Y, so I'm going to do some assisted chins afterward before we leave. I thought work was going to slow down considerably after the Ball, but I'm fiddling with numbers and working on publicity while the iron is still hot.

Have a great day, everyone!:)

Doin' some chins later when I get home, I promise!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Hey Soooooooooooosan & HB!!!

HB, I don't think we have to worry about you getting in your chins LOL!!

Soooooooooooosan, have fun at Bush Gardens. Glad to hear you'll get in some assisted chins before you go.

My chins will be either Sat or Sun. Depends on how sore I am tomorrow. Did P90X chest, shoulders & triceps today. Would also like to do some cardio and abs later, hmmmmmm we'll see.

Melody Happy Birthday girl!!!!

Catherine

Thanks for the birthday wishes. My plans for the day got nixed (explained in the happy birthday thread), but I'll be making my little bday trip tomorrow. Stupid electric company.:p

My family and friends have been spoiling me all week.

I did my chin and pullup negatives yesterday so the old lady doesn't have to do them today.

Soooosan, the birthday note in the title was sweet, thanks.:)

Happy Birthday, Melody! (I'd put some celebrating smilies here, but have no idea how to. How about a clown for your virtual birthday party: :+ )

Happy Birthday again Melody (covered it in the other thread - but love to wish it to you again:7 )

I just got up stairs from doing TJ's 20 minute, cardio party 1, learn and burn TJ (as I'd like some new ladies to do it next week to learn) and then did chins set of 11, 9, 5, 1 neg wide front pullup, and set of 5 pullups. 2 dips - I'm really not sure if I'll keep doing these. They seem to really stress my shoulders in front. Began MM, but then got tired. It's late, almost 11:30. Melody's probably up!! Hi Mel (waving sleepy smiley).

Just saw your thread Catherine regarding swim suits. I never wear a bikini, in fact I usually wear a speedo type (TYR) one peice with long board shorts over them. I LOVE the long board shorts that are low cut over the one peice. I don't know...it probably comes from my view of not showing it all for EVERYONE to see. I work hard to stay in shape, but it's not so I can walk around naked. I love tank tops, but would rather keep them guessing regarding the rest. Funny...when I see someone in a bikini I think (even when they have a great body) there is more "intrigue" when they are wearing something that keeps you wondering rather than walking around almost naked for all to see. Don't know if that makes sense. I can say without any hesitation that there are hundreds of women that SHOULDN'T be wearing a bikini - downright scary.

Isn't it great how different we all are!!! Okay...I'll confess..I wore a white string bikini in Mexico when we got married, but not since then!!! My values have changed quite a bit since then. Just another view....which is generally not the norm :p :p :p . My kids are making me a Tshirt and on the back is my newest saying "Think outside the box, live within the book".

My DD thanks you for the bday greeting Melody!! She wonders why your kids haven't arrived yet. She's bummed :p :p :p

Briee (giving completely unsolicited opinions - so what's new eh)

Just to make you laugh. I took my dd out to dinner for her bday. Our waitress had one of those little diamond nose piercings and it was all I could do to keep from asking her how she inserts the thing.

"So tell me...do you stick your fingers up your nose in order to insert this thing and have you washed your hands frequently since?"

My kids actually get a kick out of going out in public with me, but occasionally have to hide. I figure if you are going to follow the crowd into these interesting practises, then you better have an answer for these questions that everyones dying to ask, but doesn't so as not to make waves. I love waves.

Briee (it's late and I'm in one of those introspective moods:7 :p }( :eek: :7 AND Melody...I'm still laughing regarding your butt/back facing up in the coffin comment - you crack me up:7 :7 :7 )

As long as there are bars...there will be chinups.

As long as there are chins....there will be chinups.

As long we keep the chinup thread going....there will be chinups.

As long as donuts are around, there will be chinups.

Chinups are eternal.

Briee (Ooooooooo I'm on a roll now - I think I'll do poetry next)

I've GOT to go to bed

You all are NOW thinking....why doesn't Briee go AWAL correct!!:p :p :p :p Or at least go to bed.

Briee (good night again Melody)

Briee, I love it when you're introspective and do not ever want you to go AWAL.:7 Sorry I missed talking with you tonight.

Miss Party Animal shopped for plants, flowers and herbs all afternoon, came home had pizza and chocolate cake, snuggled with DSs and tucked them in, promptly fell asleep on the sofa at 9:30pm, and now is awake at 2AM.:7 I'm having chamomile tea and attempting to go back to sleep soon.

And BTW, I blew off RS and CM3 today and am darn proud of it.:+

Briee, where's the poetry?

Briee, what can I say. I am an exibitionist :7 :7 :7 !! Not really. I normally wear a tankini. But this is the first time I've had a bathing suit in about 4 years and I am in the best shape of my life. When I was in my 20s I never would have worn a bikini. So I guess I am showing off a little :p You are sooo funny though- love the poem!!

Catherine

Catherine...you go girl. I'm really impressed with your progress and hard work. You'll look awesome on that beach!!!

Me, on the other hand, I'm planning on wearing donuts strategically placed on my body, when I come with you to Hawaii. I will be leading the crowds into the latest trend - I just know it. I must be careful when I go swimming. Could end up wearing less than I think!!:7 :7 :7 :p Melody's only going to wear them in front. I think those chocolate covered ones may stick better Mel. Maybe just a twist in back would REALLY set off that back/butt nicely.

Briee (are we digressing yet? Ahhhhhhh and it's so early in the morning for this...imagine where we could be by nightfall)

Briee, your comments on Catherine's bikini thread were interesting, although, I have to say I disagree with them. I think the human body is beautiful and something to be celebrated, and that sexuality is a huge part of who we are. That said, nudity or bodily exposure does not necessarily imply sexuality. For example, I nursed each of my babies for 1 to 2 1/2 years and got quite a few stares when I did so in public, and I was pretty discrete about it, being careful not to - God forbid - show a BREAST. There is nothing sexual about nursing a baby. Americans are very different from Europeans (not sure about the rest of the world) in their more puritanical approach to the body and sexuality. I tend to agree more with their approach than ours. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I'm always willing to share mine as well!:)

Back for a chin-up report: I got 1/2 way up unassisted from a dead hang, which is the farthest I've gotten so far! I then tried again and made it about 1/3 of the way up. Next I tried one from a slightly bent-arm position and pulled myself all the way up. Then I did 6 10-ct negs followed by Push-Pull. If I can only keep progressing, I just may reach my December goal!

Interesting that the most progress I've made so far comes at the end of a fairly slack (workout-wise) two-week period. Last week I barely worked out and this past week I only worked out four days, and two of them were less intense than usual (i.e. Push-Pull). I also only worked at chins two days.

It's a beautiful day and I haven't left the house yet! Busch Gardens was a blast. Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Melody! (Haven't gotten a chance to read your b-day thread in OD, but will get to it later.)

This is good Soosan! I enjoy hearing opinions. I agree that nudity or bodily exposure does not necessarily imply sexuality regarding nursing. I nursed almost all 6 kids for almost 3 years EACH.....I got LOTS of stares (add THAT up....way too much nursing as I think back!!:p :p and truly amazing considering I have no boobs at all-just doesn't seem fair. But nursing is a completely different thing than nudity. And darn it...now baby needs me and I can't continue this. ARghhh. That's okay...it may end up leading no where.

I think the best way to handle this is state my opinion and then tell you I can do chinups and you won't speak to me:p :p :p :p (smiley guy rolling on the floor holding tummy LOL). I still want to join you in Hawaii wearing donuts Catherine!!

Briee

Great job, Sooooooosan! I know you'll more than reach your goal before December.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Briee, you are totally cracking me up!!!! Donut swimsuits and Mel only gets to cover the front???? What happens when you get hungry and start eating your suit??? LOL!!!

Soooooooooooosan-WOW WTG!!! You are almost there. So when you get there does that mean you are speaking to me?

Today has been a long day. Got up at 6:30am dog had to go out x( Ate breakfast. Did S&H Legs plus abs from S&H biceps and triceps and then did 1/2 of IMAX 2- which is a killer after S&H legs. (BTW- I did ab work twice this week whichb is my new goal to work on) After cleaning up I went to my sisters to help get ready for a graduation party for my nephew at about 11 am. Well I've been there ever since and haven't hardly sat down till just now!!! So much for a leisurely weekend. Oh well, sorry to sound so Whiney.

Catherine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.