Chin-Up Check-In Fri 4.28

Soosan

Cathlete
Good morning! No chins yet for me. I'll be playing tennis this morning and doing the second half of Yoga X later when I can squeeze it in. I'm avoiding sun salutations until my injury heals so the second half of Yoga X is just the ticket - some balancing, some ab work and very thorough stretching. I don't even know if I'm still injured because I only feel it when I do upper body work and I've avoided that (except bi's and tri's) all week. I guess I'll do the same next week and then slowly ease back into other UB work w/out doing chin-ups until I know for sure it's healed. Sheesh! Injuries take forever to heal as you get older.

Hope everyone enjoys their day! We miss you Briee!

"Injuries take forever to heal as you get older."

Boy-is that ever true!

I'm heading downstairs in a bit to work on them. I'm still a little sore from CTX but we'll see how it goes. It's a rainy day here in MN so bike riding today.

Sooooooosan-I love tennis. Sounds like you play often. Do you belong to a club?

Joanne

Hi Sooooooooooooosan and Joanne,

Did mine yesterday and I feeeel them. Oh boy, I have a massage scheduled late this afternoon. I'll be back at the negatives on Monday if I remember by w/o's correctly.

Have a beautiful weekend ladies.
:)

Thank you for missing me Soosan!!! I missed you all too!!

So can someone tell me how to cut and paste??? I just started the thread over in OD not knowing that life has taken a turn here in Catheland, throwing me into the depths of complete confusion (a state that I usually function best in only due to a lack of any other in my life). I can thank Shelley for this correct????

Melody...a massage. Major jealousy happenin here.

So when is Catherine returning???

Hope you all have a great weekend. I intend to post tonight..post workout. Today was the first day of garage saling for me. I ate two donuts :9 :9 :9 - glazed, no frills. Perfection!!

Briee

Big Hugs for Briee- I soooo missed you!! Hope you are doing ok.

I have yet to find a chinup bar. So it's been 4 days since I did one :-( We did go on a nice hike yesterday. Some place called Squaw peak. I had to overcome a little acrophobia-well we didn't make it all the way to the top x( I got a little skeerd. We'll be home on Monday.

Happy chinning everyone!!

Catherine

Hey Catherine. I'm impressed, AZ and still checking in!!! You are so diligent!! BUT....I think I'd be inclined to complain to the management regarding NO chinup bar in the exercise facility..pathetic. I'd encourage you to use the shower curtain bar with caution of course and I'd also let the management know that you are doing so, so that they realize the extremes they have driven you to. Hopefully they will see their error and correct the situation at their soonest convenience.

I just read over the 4.27 thread. I have a few comments:

>"Warning, most digress into silliness". I'm still trying to figure out what Soosan is talking about. CHINUPS ARE darn SERIOUS. We, as a group, are the toughest women currently in the U.S. and quite possibly on the entire planet (you know which smiley guy is inserted here!) and that is no joking matter.

I know why they created a separate "checkin forum"....fear of Sooooooooooooosan pinning all the chinup threads in succession (I was secretly hoping to find this when I returned }( }( }( )) on the open discussion forum.

Welcome Janie!!!!! A new recruit...I love new recruits. Did you bring donuts??? Your homework is to study the past silly, um serious chinup threads and learn from all our mistakes.

Catherine..I LOVED the info regarding chinups that you posted last thread. VERY helpful for all of us!

HB...you do rock!

Joanne, I haven't done CTX upperbody in probably 2 years, you've motivated me to work it in sometime this week!! I USED to do it once a week without fail. Great workout.

Briee

Briee

Hi Briee,

Excuse me, but I will only hijack your thread for a brief moment.

I was curious to know if you started your class with the Basic Step DVD and how it's going. I've graduated from BS and have moved onto Body Fusion. This one is MUCH more difficult IMHO. Okay, it's going to kill me. I cannot get through the last cardio combo to save myself and I say bad words during that part.

Thank you for the garlic tip. I'll have to try that one. I've been eating a little bit of locally harvested honey everyday because I heard that this will help develop immunity to regional allergens. We'll see!

Michele

(I HATE CARDIO, I HATE CARDIO, I HATE CARDIO...BUT I DO IT!)

Hi Briee,

Thank you for the welcoming. I will study the threads and get back to you. I knew I was in for it. The Donuts are on your desk.

Janie

I do believe I will complain to management regarding no chinup bar!!! However the shower curtain rod,..... well it's not very sturdy. ASU is just across the street. I am sure those young buff athletes wouldn't mind if I use their facilities!!! May show them a thing or two:D :D

Have a great day ladies!!

catherine

Hey Chins! Happy Saturday!

Joanne, I currently play round robin tennis every Friday at a club we belong to. I usually play the spring and fall round robins, each session lasting about 8 weeks. I'm in the "C" flight (lowest) and haven't made too much progress because I never play outside of the round robins. I keep telling myself I'm going to make more time for it but I never do. Maybe after this spring session... How about you? How often do you play and where?

Briee, so glad to see you back and I'm glad it didn't take you TOO long to find us over here (what? 72 hours of nonstop searching?). Are you having a garage sale at your house today?

Catherine, mark my words, you'll be doing at least 3 1/2 when you get back. I bet if you asked some sweet burly student if you could use the chin-up bar, he'd say yes.

Michele, come join us any time. No chin-ups necessary - just donuts!

Janie, you're our kind of woman.

Melody, whatcha up to this weekend? Planning any sporting goods store raids?

I just did Bootcamp, subbing bi's/tri's for any chest/back work, but keeping in overhead presses. Haven't done it in a while and it felt great! Now I'm off to the grocery store and other errands. Tonight we're going to an auction at school. There'll be around 350-400 people and they raise about $100,000. It's going to be outside in a tent and might be a bit chilly tonight. One of my son's friends called the tent a "hobo mansion." He said hobos carry it around on their backs and it takes them about 12 hours to set up each night. You probably know the kind of tent I'm talking about.

Hope to chat some more tomorrow!:)

Hello Everone,

I used a bar stool, and did chin ups, and pull ups (8 ea.). I know I'm using my legs a lot, but hey, it's better than just standing there, trying so hard and not doing anything. At least I'm using the muscles and I would think eventually doing my goal. We'll see, cheer me on, as I will cheer all of you on as well.

Seems everyone is doing what they can, good luck, and enjoy the benefits. I praise you all for trying this very difficult exercise. And I take my hat off to anyone that can do them!

Briee,

I wish I could come up with funny stuff, but I can't. You know, I have a feeling if I stick around long enough, I'll learn them from all of you. Just you wait and see.

Janie

"Whoo Hoo"
-Cathe Friedrich-

Janie, it's great that you're willing to attempt these and stick with them until you get there! How many people can say that? Even attempting them will increase your strength dramatically. Good going!:)

I'm here quickly to wave to all and wish major donut pulling up strength to those working on chinups this w/e

I've been out of town, no Dick's Sporting Goods stop, and I was on the wrong day for my massage appt - it was last Friday. They didn't even call me to say I'd screwed up so I could rescheduled. I was not a happy camper.

Gotta run to GS legs and be otherwise productive.

Glad to see Briee is alive and well -- you too Catherine, Joanne, Sooooooooooooosan and Janie.:) Please accept my apologies if I missed you today.

Melody....we DID miss you today. And I guess I don't have to be jealous anymore regarding your massage. I just wish I could have shown up for the one you missed }( }( }( }( .

Janie...have you ever read about Melody's adventures at Dick's???? Now THESE are seriously funny. Just for the record, I have 6 children (that I homeschool - kind of - and THAT's another story) and I MUST have a sense of humor in order to make it through the day. They do keep me laughing.

Oh you want to hear something funny....I know you must and it really doesn't matter whether you do or not because as fortune has it - I live in America where you can post pretty much anything you want for all to read :p :p :p - sooooooo......I was in the grocery store today and was speaking with the check out girl who voiced that she was having a really bad day. Says she was making a cake for dd and just as she got the batter mixed up her dad called and needed her to come immediately to his farm to help with something (figured she could bake the cake there). She placed the cake batter on the seat next to her and carefully balanced it with one hand while she drove with the other. As she turned a corner, her cell phone slid from one end of the dash to the other and landed in the batter, sinking to the bottom and at just that moment.....(you guessed it) her CELL PHONE RANG. She had to search for it in the bowl and then wipe dripping batter from it and answer and of course then she had chocolate on her hair, in her ears, etc..... I was laughing hysterically - but managed to tell her.."you should have served donuts instead!!"

I believe all of life's answers can come in the form of a donut - usually.

Briee

That previous post was to deter you from asking about my workout which I didn't do last night but plan on doing tonight.

On a good note...I helped with clean up day at church today, digging, transplanting, cleaning - lots of hard work. I believe I am absolved of the donut stealing incident. :7 :7 :7

Briee

Briee,

With that funny story, and the hard work gardening, you shouldn't have to do your chin ups today. But tomorrow is another story.

Janie

"Whoo Hoo"
-Cathe Friedrich-

Briee,

The question remains, while doing all the good work at your church, did you steal any donuts from the frig?:eek: }( ;-)

BTW thanks for sharing the checkout girl story, I was LOL, probably because I can identify.

Did I ever tell y'all the one about the then 6 yo putting the then 3 yo in the clothes dryer?

> did you steal any donuts from the frig?

Technically no, well yes, but the person who left them in the fridge was headed back home several states away and the donuts would have been moldy by the following week. Now I didn't know this bit of info at the time the theft occurred, but while confessing this to someone the following week, was informed of the donut owner's whereabouts. I feel it is truly evil to let perfectly good donuts go bad and I'm sure the Almighty would agree although I can't find reference to this specifically in my Bible. I DO think that there are strong grounds for dismissal in my case and as it was I brought close to two dozen donuts to todays function and all were consumed by others not actually owning these donuts, with I, myself, eating only 1.5, not including the one I found on the ground, with only small amounts of dirt, that no one else would consume, other than myself :eek: :eek: :7 :7 - how's that for a runon sentence!!!

RE: 6 y/o putting 3 yo in dryer. Oh my!!! Was this following a bath and was he intending to tumble dry?? (smiley guy ROTFLOL - I really do need a smiley for occasions such as this) - too funny Mel.

Briee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.