::: CHEETAHS ::: Wed., 11/29

Hey Ladies!

Ended up doing HSTA (LOVE that workout) and C&W abs, thanks to Jess and how she’s been talking about it lately. Love that one, too! I really like the walking planks at the end! Found out during those lovely sit and stands (and hover squats), that I do still have DOMS in the bum. I also made Porcini and dill barley soup this morning (I’ve been craving it), so I was a busy bee this morning. Then I got stuck in traffic, so at least I got to sit in my car for an hour (normally takes me 30 minutes) with the bun warmers on listening to Christmas music (and traffic reports – odd mix actually).

Carole – What a hassle with the car! At least you have a fun rental! DH walked out in the middle of HSTA – when I’m doing chest flies and glute presses and just stared at me for a moment then said, “You do the oddest things.” Oh well, we can’t all be thrilled by the same thing at the gym every day!

Barb – I was with you with the leg presses! Did 6 sets this morning!! I don’t mind those as much as the hover squats. Those can take a hike! Sometimes a good mix is what’s in order. Good job, though – for not being motivated, you got one killer workout! May have to try that one some day!

Susan – it’s getting warmer, but it was 44 degrees on the drive to work. I think tonight is to be the coldest yet! Brrr! And yes, some m and m’s are not going to hurt you – just make up for it today!

Laurie - *Sending healthy vibes to Laurie’s house* Hope the girls feel better soon! How was the Cardio blast from BM2? Sounds like fun!

Wendy – the stair mill – eh? I call it the stairway to h*ll as it never ends. Seems like a good punishment for that place! I think it’s the toughest workout in the gym besides running on the treadmill. Ouch! Glad to hear your upper body is flaming for 2 reasons – first it makes you happy, second – you were starting to scare me… :+

Hi Natalie!

HI cheetahs- Auick visit here

Cathy- I am sorry about the guy situation.
Carole- At least you have anelliptical (and motivation) for those bad weather days!

Barb- nice leg combination today!

Wendy- hose DOMS can show up just when we least think they will! I actually get the most intense back DOMS from doing KM or KPC with super concentration on those punches.

Hi Laurie, Jes, Susan Christine, and Shelly! (And others who stop by later)

This morming was a 4.3 mile run from home. It was 55 degrees. How odd Carole had 29 in CA in November, and in upsate NY we had 55 at 7:30am ! But the big change is coming on Friday. I hope to get my run in before the wind/rain/sleet/snow starts. I am tempted to do it tomorrow to beat the front and stay indoors with a Cathe DVD on Friday!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Judy: Sounds like a good game plan you have to avoid the nasty weather coming around the bend!

Christine: I love the new avitar! You are all so beautiful!:+ You remind me of a celebrity and I can picture her face but I can't think of the name right now. This is gonna bother me until I remember it! LOL Me, scare you? LOL Don't worry...I'm not super-human!:p

Well I decided that I am going to split up GS Legs and do Standing one day and Floor another for this rotation so I did the standing portion today and will do floor on friday. Next week I'll probably change the days around to make it work better though. I forgot how friggin' painful those slow-mo lunges are!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Okay, off to the showers!

I hope to be back later chickies!:)

Thanks everyone - that photo is actually 4 years old. But, except for the smallest one, we look pretty much the same. Managed to go to a Chinese restaurant with the gang, and even though they shared everything, I ordered Buddah's Delight - a vegan entree - and had that with some vegan miso soup, so I did well. I'm stuffed, though! Jeez!

I'm baaack!! Wow, what a busy but productive morning!! My PT went well, I can really tell what a big difference the u/s on my IT band makes!! Allison went w/ me this morning, she packed her little backpack w/ toys to keep her busy. She was entertaining & very well behaved. The PT had me using the foam roller too, just like I do at home. I highly recommend the foam roller (Elaine, did you ever order one??) if you're having any IT band troubles or just to prevent it!!! Anyway, then we headed to Kohl's where I crossed a few more people off my list & got some good deals of course!! (Susan, I think they know me well there also!!) I got the cutest picture frames for some friends, my Aunt, & cousin, a sweater for my *little* 16 yr old cousin (she is now 5'10"!), and few Barbies (all 50% off), and a few other things. Then we went to Sam's to look around & save some money too. I found some DVD's cheaper there than I'd seen them anywhere else and found Monsters, Inc. on DVD for my nephew. My FIL has been looking everywhere for it, so he said he'd pay me for it if I picked it up! And I got milk, bread, and fruit that is cheap there! Allison & I were starving by that point, it was almost 1:30!! So we ate at the little cafe there & then headed home for her nap. She was such a good girl, I was so proud of her. She loves to go shopping which makes it fun!

OK, I swear this was going to be a quick post. :p Is that possible for me?? I'm off to vacuum, start yet another load of laundry, and get things picked up before my dd's get home from school in 20 min!! Where did the day go??? :eek: Have a great night!

I love the pic too!!! Adorable!! You have a beautiful family! Chinese sounds sooo good. Glad that the switch to vegan is going so well for you!!

Jess-can you explain what you do with the foam roller? Glad you had a productive day. Your daughter sounds adorable with her Barbies!
-Barb

Hey Barb!! You can use the foam roller for all sorts of injuries. There is a list of some exercises at the website I ordered it from http://www.performbetter.com/detail.aspx_Q_ID_E_4918_A_rnd_E_10 There's a downloadable foam roller sheet also on that page. I got the *most popular* 3' long, 6" round roller. I've been lying on my *bad* side (right) & rolling myself back & forth over my IT band, from my hip to my knee. It hurts like crazy at first. I kind of find those painful points & keep rolling back & forth on those hot spots. I've been doing both legs, although my right knee is the painful one my left side is tight too.

Anyway, HTH some!! It's also great for sore quads, butt, achilles tendon, back, about anything that hurts you can use it to rub out the pain!!

Jess-
Thanks for the info. I will check it out and probably end up ordering one. How does the thing stay put as you roll? Do you have to put it down on a certain kind of surface or does your body weight keep it pinned down. When I had PT for my IT band, I was shown mainly stretches and a lot of strength training moves, similar to ankleweight and floor work on PLB, L&G, GSL and now B&G.

Thanks!
-Barb

Hey Cheetah Gals,
Quick post for me because I have to get my son in the shower and ready for bed. Well my sort of rest day paid off for me. Today I did the leg blast from B&G's and the Step Cardio mix from Cardio fusion. I was a little disappointed in that premix. I thought there would be more step but it was only in the warm up. Anyway, if I never do a one legged squat again it will be too soon! Of course I will do it again though. I like to punish myself}(
I took my son to gymnastics tonight and they have moved on to the uneven bars. He is so good! I knew that he would be good at gymnastics, he's such a little monkey !
I have not looked at shoes yet I am waiting until this weekend. Anyway, I will be back tomorrow for personals. Hope everyone has a good night!
LD

Well, it's a good upper body strengthener too!! I just use my hands to push myself up & back down the foller. Your body weight will hold it in place until you start to roll. I've been rolling it very slowly & can really feel it!! I've been doing ankle weights & love the floor work too. But the foam roller really works my IT band like nothing else I've found. I have been doing my stretches too & have been able to go a lot deeper/ longer w/ the stretching so I'm definitely making good progress. The PT said I'm very flexible so I was happy to hear that!

Let me know if you order one!

Hey LD! I like to punish myself too. }( I haven't done any of the premixes in B & G yet, I just love that workout all the way through! I can't wait til she offers Cardio Fusion for sale, I definitely want that one! Sounds like your ds is doing well in gymnastics!!

Good luck w/ the shoes. Finding the right shoe is sooo important w/ running. I always go to my local running store & have them fit my feet properly. Also, take your old pair with you so they can see where you wear them out (to see if you pronate/ overpronate, etc). It will help them pick you out the right kind of shoe. Have a good night!

G'evening! Bad weather heading here soon! We might even get 6"+ of snow tonight/ tomorrow!! Crazy because it was 63 degrees here earlier & now it's 44 degrees! And a high of only 35 tomorrow! I'm glad that I got my shopping done today!

I'm thinking IMAX 2 is on tap early tomorrow & then GS BSB in the afternoon. Yep, I feel like some good workouts! }( My chest is still a little sore from GS CT, but in a good way! ;-)

Have a good night! I just got done w/ my foam roller, my band continues to feel better!

Allison & I are just hanging out tomorrow, no big plans other than CleanMax & WorkoutMax! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.