::: Cheetahs ::: Tuesday, 8/15

Katie ~ believe me you'll get to that 8 mile point too! I remember when I first started out & hadn't run over 5 miles & only on the treadmill. I couldn't believe how great I felt when I finished!! Definitely get in & get new shoes, it'll make a huge difference for you!!

Hugs,

Laurie ~ Happy birthday to Faith!! That cake sounds delicious!!! Especially the mocha frosting, I'm a sucker for anything mocha! (I love the mochaccino protein powder!) I hope your ankles feel better & good luck shoe shopping!! I would take your current shoes in to a local running store & see what they recommend. I have a narrow ankle but need lots of room in the toe box or else I get black toenails, so I get the Asics GT- 2110's. They work great for me & are the only shoes that I don't get black toenails from the longer runs.

Hugs,

Carole ~ Enjoy that elliptical!! It sounds like you'll have quite the workout room set up when it's done!! Good luck w/ PLB & then a run!

WTG John! He's getting stronger & that's great!! Have a good one!

Leg is feeling better after a good stretch too. I'll be ready for a couple days running rest after tomorrow!

Hugs,

Laura~ I'm glad that you're feeling more like your old self. It's hard to be sick, but that really sounds miserable! Whine away, we all have times like that!

I'd definitely recommend the ball workout, it's a really good one! If you can't find it at Target, try Kohl's, that's where I got mine. Or also http://www.collagevideo.com they always have a good selection & ship really fast!

Hugs,

Judy ~ Hope you enjoyed the pilates!! That sounds great!! A good friend of mine has been taking some pilates classes w/ the reformer & she just loves it. She's even thinking about buying one & told me I could come & use it!! That would be neat!

Have a good day!

Hugs,

Cathy ~ Sounds like you got in a good workout w/ Cathe!! Soooo cool & loved the pic!! I love KM, I don't have KPC, but it's on my wishlist!! I'm too poor to buy any new DVD's for a while, maybe Christmas?? I really need a step before I can buy any of her IMAX's or other step workouts since I don't have one. For now I have my running/ biking for cardio & use her weight workouts. Once the marathon is done though I'll be able to do more of a variety again!

I love Dick's, I got my favorite running tank that I'm wearing for my half marathon there. It's a 2-toned aqua/ white tank that is soft & comfy but supportive!

I'm hoping my leg cooperates for Sat! I did find out that the half marathon is really flat, so that should make it easier since we run a lot of hills around here!!

Hugs,

I hope you are all having a good afternoon! My neighbor came over w/ her kids this morning to play outside & then we headed to the park for a couple hrs. It was so nice out!! Now I've got to finish up more laundry & a load of dishes & then I'll do some Pilates while my dd naps & the other 2 are playing!

I think we're going to go to our favorite little hiking trail tonight w/ the kids & pack a picnic supper. The weather's just so nice, we might as well enjoy it!

Have a good one!

Hugs,

Sorry you had a bad run, Wendy! I didn't feel the greatest when I was running this morning either, but stuck it out. Maybe it's allergies?? Mine have been acting up the last couple days, I wake up kinda stuffy & congested. Take it easy & try again tomorrow if you feel up to it!

Hugs,

Laurie...I did get it put together. I might try it in awhile after some yardwork! I found a site to find some narrow shoes if you don't go to a specialty store: http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722000361/size/8/width/5/page/1.html

Katie...new running shoes are a very good investment! I plan to use my Elliptical alot...:)

Jess...thanks...:)...I was a bit worn out after PLB standing and a 5 mile run, but I do want to try a short workout on the Elliptical! That is cool you might get an Elliptical...

Elaine...hillwork is so fun...:)...Yes I put it together mostly by myself. DH helped a bit but can be somewhat impatient!

Cathy...I do think toughness runs in this family!

Wendy...thanks...I think John is progressing well...

I got in PLB standing and a 5 mile run. I am going to have some breakfast and do some yardwork and maybe try out the Elliptical!!

Good afternoon everyone:) Today was busy as every month I vacum the furniture and behind them and my normal cleaning so I didn't do any cardio but decided to do the rest of the PUB. I finally got my Get Ripped Core after waiting 3 weeks. They had to resend it to me as it got lost in the mail. I will try that one on Friday. I preview it and it looks really like a fun new workout:)

I going to keep this short as I have to get dinner going but Just want to say hello to everyone and Carole that is awsome news for John. I am so happy. God is on his side and it seems like he really is determined more then ever and pray that he keeps his spirit up and fight for his recovery.

P.S. Wow did you see the Blog?

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Ohh, I’m of the opinion that one of the best feelings in the world is the shower after a long run! Sorry I’m so late. Had my long run scheduled – 9 miles this time – and decided to do a trail run. 10 miles and 3000 feet elevation gain later, I’m back, and exhausted. But I’m clean and feel wonderful (well, the feet are sore, but…)! Tucker accompanied me and we had a good time.

Cathy – Hope your run was fun! And good job on the S&H!!

Judy – Oh the gift certificate sounds great! Have fun!

Wendy – I did lower body weights then went for a run and it was one of the hardest runs I had ever done. I felt like I was doing the last 3 miles of a half! I, too, do leg work on running days. It’s easier for me – but I usually do it afterwards! You’re doing so well, Wendy! Hope you kick that sickness that you are fighting!

Laura – Wonderful to hear that you’re feeling back to normal!! Oh, I’m wso happy to hear that!!! You’re NOT a whiner! You just wanted to run, and it’s sooo frustrating to be in a certain condition, then have to build back up to it. Believe me I know!

Jess – Sounds like you have a great day on tap! And a good plan for your Half! How exciting! Go Jess Go!! Hope your leg feels better!

Carole – Yeah, your elliptical is all put together!! Glad to hear it’s rock solid! Nice to know they still make things like that. You said you got the Nordic Track one? Oh, that’s HUGE progress for John! 45 minutes? I’m happy to hear he’s progressing like this! He remains in my prayers.

Laurie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FAITH!!! Gotta love Leo’s – we’re a great group! Glad you ankle is feeling better.

Katie – Oh definitely girlfriend – go out and get a good pair of running shoes! Glad to hear DD is better now! And I agree with Jess – the 8 mile is doable – if I can do it, anyone can!

Elaine – How’d the run go? And GS C&T? Great to hear from you!!! When are you going to send that photo?

Barbara – so you did Clean Max today – eh? Good reason not to do Cardio. Haven’t seen the blog yet, thought I’d check in with y’all first.

Oh, one more thing – during my hike, I listened to iTread 6 60 minutes Outdoor run. That’s a great one for an outdoor run/jog. She deals in intensity as opposed to speeds because she doesn’t know the terrain. I just listened to it as I was 5 miles into a 10 mile trail run, but I’m looking forward to trying it this weekend!

Hmm, I seemed to have done a bit of damage to my achilles tendon on the trail run. It's really tight when I walk and hurts even when I'm not on it. Is the best remedy for that rest? Tomorrow is my rest day, which is good, but anyone know how long this takes to heal? Thanks!!!

Edited to add - I looked it up on the net. Rest and if there's swelling - ice. I don't have swelling, so that's good. I did feel something on Sunday after my interval run, but I figured I'd work through it. I should have rested it, but I'm too bullheaded. Oh well. I will now. I'll wait until it feels better then start slowly, just to make sure. Better to be safe than sorry. (NOW she says that!!!)

Wendy, I just realized that I totally misread your question regarding the elliptical. I do my own thing. I usually just put it on manual and vary my speeds and incline throughout my run. I tried doing the fat burn workout they already have on the machine, but it kept slowing my pace down and I was getting annoyed.

Katie

Christine! ICE that achilles. NOW!! Seriously, I am in such fear of getting injured because I've been there, done that too many times. The outside of my left shin felt a little tweaked this morning so instead of going outside for a run I did intervals on my elliptical. I would have much preferred going outside and running but do not want to get to the point where the elliptical is my only option. I have found an easy way for me to ice this particular area of my leg while sitting in front of the computer or watching TV...I fill a bucket up with cold water then dump as many ice cubes in as necessary to make the water icy cold....stick my foot in and sit back for about 20 minutes. I do hope you're OK and just a little sore rather than injured!

Katie,

LOL, don't worry about it! When I read your initial post I figured you just misread what I had asked. No biggie. You should consider cardio coach or itrain though. Either could be a great accompaniment to your work outs!:)

Thanks Elaine! I have ice on it now - we have so many ice packs, so I simply either sit it on one, or sit one on it, if I have it tucked up. I think I just was stupid and pushed it too far too fast. I seriously think that if I rest it a day or two, I'll be fine.

Christine,
I had achilles tendonitis years ago. Rest & ice is definitely the way to go. I was dumb and ran through the pain and paid the price later. Part of it for me, too, was not being diligent about stretching. I had very tight calves, which exacerbated the situation. I also had to change shoes. Now I own The Stick to help with working out the knots, and so far, I've been OK. I do occasionally feel a twinge in the problem achilles, though.

If it doesn't go away with a rest day or two, I recommend checking out the following site: http://www.triggerpointbook.com/plantarf.htm (scroll down below plantar fascitis) to see if a tight "trigger point" in your calf might be causing the problem.

Good luck!

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6081278

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.