::CHEETAHS:: Thursday 6/22

JAFitMama

Cathlete
Hello ladies :)

Yesterday, was a no forum day for me. It gets harder in the summer to check in regularly. But I think of this check-in and the dedicted people here when I do my workouts. :) :7

Yesterday, I caddied at a golf tournament and the bag I carried was heavier x( :eek: than what I am used to. It was my workout for the day.

Today is a 5 mile run, GS back and some abs.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning Cheetahs - - - - -

Judy - I know what you mean, some days are just too busy, but we are sure glad to hear from you when you do check in.

Today is a four mile run, but not sure if I will cross train or do some strength work instead. I'm planning my long run of 6 miles tomorrow and I'm thinking I might rest today from yesterday's run so I'm fresh and ready to go.

I'm hoping to get a few hours off of work early today to enjoy the beautful afternoon (sunny and 80), especially since they scheduled another board meeting for Monday night so that will be a bummer x(

Have a great day everyone - see you later.

Marcia.

Good Morning Cheetah's. Once again no running for me. Trying to be smart over here. I am going to do PH today. So far this week I think I went through all of Cathe's total body workouts. Tomorrow is my annual so I may be a late poster. I do hope to continue with my theme this week and do SS. Short and to the point. Have a great day.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

HI Cheetahs,
Had an interval run scheduled for today, but felt too sore. So I did some yoga, walking and a part of Cardio X. I'm feeling better, but glad to give the legs a break.

Busy day ahead with kids & work. Probably won't check in again until tomorrow.

Judy -- carrying that golf bag-back workout-- sounds hard. Have fun on your run -- and with your 2nd back workout of the week!!

Marcia -- glad you get some time off today. Frustrating about the extra board meeting. Enjoy the nice weather. It's hot here, but humid. Yesterday was a lot of rain and cancelled kids' activities.

Karen-- Smart that you are being smart about your soreness. You will be back on track with running in no time. This is just a blip. PH is a killer for me me. Good luck!

Have a great day to all who check in later: Wendy, Shelly & Jess (in vacationland), Carole, Mattea, Pamela, Cathy, Thomasina, Elaine, Christine, Gayle, Laura.. and anyone I missed!:) :) :)

Barb

Hello, cheetahs!!! This cheetah is home from vacation & managed to drag myself out of bed for a *5 at 5* (5 mile run at 5AM!). Wow- it's gonna be a hot one today- it was already sticky & steamy out!!

Had a blast on vacation, so much to tell but don't have time now. Must do laundry & get things done around here!!! I got in tons of exercise, walking around the huge hotel w/ indoor & outdoor water parks, climbing a million stairs to go up & down the water slides, riding the waves at the wave pool, etc. I did use the treadmill in the fitness room too & did some pilates & pushups in our room so I think I got in plenty of exercise!!! We ate really well too- I packed a ton of healthy food/ snacks & we ate just one big meal out a day. It worked out great & saved us a ton of money too!

OK, I'll update more later but just wanted to pop in & say that I'm BACK!!

Hugs,
Jess

Hi, ladies.

Judy-I've got the exact problem all summer long. I just post my workout every day here, and reply to others when I can (which isn't often).

Jess-sounds like you had a BLAST on vacation and to top it off with 5 at 5! WOW!

Today's workout was a 3 mile run and I followed it up with the standing portion of GS Legs. I want to keep the momentum going, I'm feeling really strong and confident.

Karen-good idea to ease off.

HI to everybody else!!!!!!

Gayle

good morning,

I didnt do alot today just 2- 1 mile repeats and slow and heavy biceps. I ran the repeats at 8:05pace, it was hard to maintain that , still not completely over the bronchitis. I think I might have to go back to the doctor since I have been on the antibiotics for over a week. but I have been told it takes awhile to get over bronchitis.

anyway, it is hot and sticky here also. We had major storms lastnight,worse than I seen in avery long time. Tonight we are suppose to have more of them. I am just hoping for cooler weather on saturday for my 5k. I can breath better when it is cooler.

hope everyone has a nice day.

Good morning cheetahs

Judy...I think carrying around that golfbag could definitely be a workout!! Have a good workout today..

Marcia...enjoy your workout whatever you decide to do!

Karen...good to not run today. Power Hour is always a fun one to me!

Barb...smart to give sore legs a break. Yoga is so good for you too...

Jess...glad you are back! Give us all the details when you can. Good job running at 5!!

Gayle...sounds like you had a very nice workout today.

Laura...8:05 is a good pace...I think we all breath easier when it is cooler.

Mattea..glad you are feeling better. I did beat the heat yesterday but this wind....I always start my run into the wind, feels like I am running in place!! I always forget about that upper bodywork in Bodymax...I lke it...:)

Elaine...I would guess for your camping trip it'll be quite warm. I know there is a 5 mile run in Mt Shasta every 4th and even in that elevation it gets warm...the Western States run starts at 5 Am Sat and ends by 11 AM Sunday...I think I'll be running about 8 or 9 at night, which will at least be cool ( in the 70's ). I know my feet used to get numb on my Nordic track...but it seemed to eventually go away..

Pamela...glad your knee is better. It sure could be from not stretching. Slow & Heavy is a good series...

Another hot one here today. 105!! So, I will be running early again, it sure helped yesterday! 5 or 6 miles for me today, and another endurance leg workout...

Have a good day ...http://bestsmileys.com/sun/1.gif[/img]

Hey everyone,

It's a rest day for me, too...I'm packing now while watching the US vs. Ghana game. I leave tonight and come home @ the end of July, so chances are, I won't be able to visit the forums until then. I'll miss my cheetahs! :)

Hope you all have a great month of workouts!

Take care!
Cathy :)

Hey Cheetahs…

I’m just popping in quickly to check-in and say hi and to update on my MIA status. This past week has been quite a ride and besides working full time, here’s a sampling of what I’m also busy with at the moment:

My brother was hospitalized suddenly for congestive heart failure and well… he’s been stabilized and put on meds but we’re still dealing with the details (cardiologist) and helping with his family. Yikes, he’s only going to be 44 in September!

My DH has been having hernia trouble and we’re waiting for the surgeon’s office to call with the surgery dates and time.

My DS has started Football conditioning and summer school and the other (good kid) DD has started needing a parent to drive all over the place with her as she has her permit now. (This in itself is enough to require mucho Bryan Kest workouts! LOL)

SO, anyway, I’m sure all the cheetahs are making me proud but unfortunately I do not have time to read back and type personals today. I do know Cathy is getting ready to leave the country for vacation so I’ll send a HAVE A GREAT time wish there and I think our Miss Wendy has already boarded the black pearl and headed for the Caribbean! And Jess, hope ya’ll had fun on your family trip and then hey and hello to everyone else!! I always are thinking of ya’ll even if I can’t post.

Anyway, gotta go now to a meeting (wanna go Marcia? LOL)

Have a great day,

Thomasina
:7

Hot Afternoon Cheetahs!
Not much time to post at all (DH and I are on a serious errandmax day today)
Those who are on vacation, enjoy vacation!
Those who are injured or feeling under the weather get well soon!
Those who are resting enjoy the rest day!
Those who are feeling great-Rock on!

Today DH accompanied me on a my shorter hill run :D :7 :) which he then proceeded to inform me was actually much closer to 6 miles long!! Talk about a painless way to increase your mileage, lol! I actually went for PH yesterday and had to increase ALL my weights!
Have a hot one!
Mattea

Hi, everybody! Just a quickie comment to say that I've been playing with mapmyrun.com and LOVING IT! I've passed it along to my friends who power walk at night and we're all sharing routes and hills and stuff! COOL STUFF!

Gayle

p.s. (Hi, Barb....you have email!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.