:::: CHEETAHS :::: Saturday, July 7th

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs :) :) :)

Today will be DM - the cardio & u/b premix.

I have been thinking of changing my screen name. I was a dork thinking about the 80s movie Desperately Seeking Susan when I first registered and was referring to my desire for more muscle definition in the arms. But I don't like the potential association with actual guns/violence. Sooo...now I'm in brainstorm mode.

Have a GREAT Saturday, everyone!
Cathy :)

"I always loved running...You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
-Jesse Owens

Good Morning!:D

Well, I have spin and yoga on tap but may end up taking a rest day. The arthritis in my neck started flaring up last night. I took ibuprofin last night but it didn't seem to help. As soon as I got up this morning I took the prescription medication I have. Now I have to wait and see. If it improves enough w/in a couple of hours then spin is a possibility. Yoga however, is mostly likely not gonna happen unless I am 100% by this afternoon but the flare ups usually take a couple of days to completely go away...x(

Cathy: Have fun with DM! That is one tough work out! I haven't done it in quite some time. A new screen name, huh? I changed mine once before too. I was boring when I first signed up and decided it was time to get more creative! LOL My original screenname was "WendyMin". I think a name having to do w/running would be good for you! :)

Oh no, Wendy!! Sorry to hear about your neck flare-up. :( Hope the med kicks in and allows you to get to your workout. If not, it sounds like a wise idea to rest. How was the movie last night?...DM is a favorite of mine, too, but I've never done this premix before, so I'm curious...I remember you telling me you changed yours - you had to just re-register, right?...hmmm, yeah I am thinking...maybe "Slow Moving Object" *lol*

How about Cheetah_Girl!?!? :+ :+ :+

The movie wasn't very good. I thought it would be funny. It was rather boring IMO. Blech! I could have found many much better ways to spend a couple of hours. Oh well...

Well it's after 7:30 now. Class is in an hour. I think I'm bailing. I need to remember to let my mgr know why I didn't take the class this week though so that they don't nail me for the membership dues for this month!x(

I should have just taken the darned class on thursday like I usually do! When I blow it off to take a class later in the week I usually regret it somehow....GRRR!

Hello Cheetahs:) Slow go waking up today. I went out last night and enjoyed a few Smirnoff Ice, they've got quite a kick to them. My coffee is extra strong today and I'd better get it in gear or I won't have time to workout before work. My thumb is definitely healing but still a bit tender.

Cathy, I liked your screen name and right from the get go and immediately associated it with arm definition. I can see how a running screen name would be a good fit for you though:) It's hard to find a good name, I think about changing mine too:)

Wendy, sorry to hear that your neck is giving you major grief. It's hard to think of anything else when you're in pain. Hope it abates quickly.

I'd love to watch more of Live Earth today, I've got it on in the background, Rhianna is singing from Tokyo (sp?). Seems like just a heart beat ago I was in my little apartment on a beautiful summer day watching Live Aid...a heartbeat or....22 years ago:eek: :7

Take Care
Laurie

Good Morning cheetah girls:7 ,

i never got to do yoga yesterday:( . one of the instructors has been bugging me to take her class so i did so she would stop:p . it was an outdoor bootcamp, she did some agility drills. i found it very boring.

today i am going to do an iclimb and then me and dh are going to work UB together!

cathy- i agree, change it to something re: running. how about cheetah-babe:D

wendy- that rule is so crazy. hopefully they won't charge you any dues. as far as the potential client, i would definitely look into insurance for PT's. it's relatively inexpensive. i have it thru AFAA, since i do go into clients homes to train. my first home client was a male and i only went to his home because i know his mother very well. i don't think i would take on any male clients that i didn't know. i had a guy call me because he picked up my card somewhere and he sounded so creepy on the phone. i told him the only way i would train him is if he joined the gym. he then asked me out for coffee:(

laurie- we were posting at the same time. enjoy your day(sorry about your thumb) and i love your screen name!

well i am off to do my iclimb, talk with you ladies later!

You guys are making me smile with the screen name suggestions! :D I am writing these down.

Wendy :: I’m sure the gym’ll understand – you have a legitimate reason & it’s not like you’re not blowing off the requirement all the time – they should be willing to cut you a break.

Laurie :: sounds like a good time last night!…I remember Live Aid – did you catch last year’s Live 8?…I’m w/ Sunny ~ love your screen name, too!

Sunny :: sorry to hear the outdoor bootcamp class turned out to be boring…I’m sure you’ll make up for it today! Hope you can get in the yoga soon…Don’t blame you on your male client rule – what a creep!

Cathy :)

"I always loved running...You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
-Jesse Owens

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...it did cool down a bit yesterday and should be cooler today. With the little humidity we get, that make it just a bit worse sometimes. Dry heat is easier for me. I finally got my email working last night so I hope you got the workout sheets! The first time you get adjusted by a Chiro is does feel a bit bizarre. I have never had the automated massage though. Did she adjust your low back too? You can be sore for awhile after and adjustment. That is normal. Have fun with DM...Like Laurie I knew exactly what your screen name meant. It is not like your avatar is guns or a violent pic...:)

Wendy...I also had concerns when you mentioned the guy wanting your advice and motivational support. Would you have to go to his house? Sorry about your arthritis flaring up...:(

Laurie..I think Smirnoff Ice's would do me in!! But once in awhile it isn't bad. The strong coffee should help...:)...I never did watch Live aid..wow! 22 yrs ago?? Time flies when we are having fun. Your sreen name is great!!

Gayle...I use a prescription called Famvir for my coldsores, it nips them right away. With the stress you have had I can see exactly why you got one.

Jackie...lake salmon are not as strong fishy tasting as ocean salmon IMO. But I like the lake salmon a lot better tasting than trout. I feel we got a bit of a break in the humidity yesterday (nothing like back east!), and it was much more tolerable. Today should not be as hot. Sounds like a good iTread yesterday.

Sunny...cool, I hope you like Amy's KBX Xtreme! Have a good workout today. I sure wish I could coax my DH into some weight work with me!

Kristi...I don;t know if this will work for you. But I use the iTrains and download them to Real Player. Then burn them to a CD that way. They work fine...:)

I am doing a KPC/L&G premix today, just not sure which one.

Have a great day...:)

Hi Cheetahs.

I will NOT be training this guy. Once I am certified and after training in a gym environment for a while I would consider training clients in my or their homes but ONLY those people whom I know fairly well or referrals from people I know well and ONLY if I am properly insured, etc. So y'all can breathe easy now. :)

Hey! Just passing through really quick...I'm feeling much better after DM cardio/upper body premix. Later is MowMax...gotta get to work now:)

Enjoy your Saturday!!!

Take Care
Laurie

G'morning Cheetahs! All of this talk of legwork & running got to me! I did B & G leg blaster, and then did a 3 mile run! }( It was HOT already out, even at 7:30!! Mikey (the dog) and I were both happy to be home for some water!!

I took my rest day y'day so that I could run today. But I did do my fav advanced sculpting circle pilates. Took Allison & Kiersten to the pool y'day, it was a hot one! I evened out my sunburn from the other day. :p Speaking of, here are some pics from the bday girl's big day!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=16840032&uid=8948436

Greg took Hannah to a self-guided cave y'day w/ his best friend & his 2 dd's. They had a blast, said it was really neat. They want to go back again. He doesn't think I'll be able to do it though (I'm a bit claustrophobic) as there are some pretty small spaces to go through. I'll be happy to let them go! ;)

Well, I need to run some errands & the girls just want to hang out here & play in the sprinkler. We are going to a cookout tonight, so I need to make something to take to that & take some healthy food so I'm not stuck w/ only junk to choose from!!

Have a great Saturday!!

So I checked out my ITrain account to find out that I am up for 3 new work outs so here's what I got!

iTRI Training Set8 70 Min (I can't wait to try this one. This is the first of it's kind for me!)
iTREAD Set14 60Min
iCLIMB Set18 30Min

I don't waste any time, do I!? :p

Can’t seem to tear myself off computer this morning…Have been wandering around aimlessly and here it is already 10 am. I believe I’ll do an afternoon workout.

:: Carole :: yeah, I can imagine – if you are not used to that kind of humidity, it is hard to adapt to…I have a hard time if we get a cooler spell and then the humidity spikes up again suddenly…Yes, she did adjust my low back…some parts “cracked” and others didn’t…Good point about the avatar, but I do think I’m going to change it anyway…Sounds like a great workout combo – I have never tried one of those premixes, but now that I’m on my leg-fryin’ kick, it sounds like a good idea.

:: Wendy :: I’m sure you could’ve beat that guy’s a**, anyway. *lol*

:: Jess :: good to have someone else join the leg torture madness! Have fun at the cookout. Cave-touring wouldn’t be for me, either.

OK, here are some screen names up for consideration:
CheetahGirl
CheetahBabe
Cheetahlicious
Runnin_Teach
SlowpokeCheetah
DOMS-a-holic
runurbootyoff (this came from a screen name generator site, which kept me entertained for quite a while)
runfunky (from same site)

-Jesse Owens

Stuck to the computer chair, Cathy? :7 I like CheetahBabe or Cheetahlicious myself! Although Runnin_teach is cute too. Cute names! Now if it were a name for my dh, seeking_guns would be it (he does collect guns & hunts) or maybe camo_guy. }(

Yeah, I'm joining in on the leg work + run. Usually I can't do it that way as I run so early. It wasn't so bad, but I should have eaten something inbetween & had some more water as it was so hot!!! I'll be feelin' my legs tomorrow, I'm sure! }(

Hope you get in your workout! ;-)

Hello Cheetahs!

How are you all? Tight and sore here! My legs are on fire!

Yesterday I did Low Impact Leg Sculpting Cathe DVD. I did some extra sets of squats. Wow!

But I did run 3 miles today at the local track, and walked 3 miles.
I stretched really well. Tomorrow is a rest day! A recovery day I hope so that I can start strong on Monday with a good run. Today's run was a little bit of a struggle! "My friend" is here too, and I know that these female issues never help.

Gayle - sorry about your coldsore. I used Abreva during one of my rare breakouts. Good luck, I feel for you!

Wendy - Good luck with all of your personal training options. I am sure you will be awesome! How did your tat heal? Hopefully well! Also sorry to hear about your arthritis. Hope you feel better soon.

Carole - How was your fish? I am sure you loved it. Did you spice it up really good?

Laurie - I love Smirnoff Ice drinks also. They are very tasty. I have 2 and I am done! Last night I had some red wine and champagne to celebrate one of my best friend's wedding engagement! Her fiance proposed when they were in Italy last week! She had no idea! How romantic, huh?

Jess - Have lots of fun with your family, as always! You guys are so cute! Have fun at the cookout tonight! I am going out with my girlfriend and DH and some of his friends for a few drinks and relaxation!

Cathy - A good screen name - I really like something with Cheetah and runner. umm.......what do you think?

Ladies enjoy your weekend. I will be having a rest day tomorrow :(

Hopefully I can run 5 miles next week. I was up to 4 this week. We shall see!

Take care,
Amy

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)

"Running feels great for my soul!" :)

:) CHEETAH :)

Jess :: oh no doubt, I'll be gettin' my workout in ;) My day is wide open.

Amy :: enjoy the drinks with the girls tonight...Don't forget the 10% rule - not to add more than 10% to your distance or time from week-to-week. Better to play it safe!...Hmm, not sure which name appeals most at this point.

OK, now I am truly gettin' off this thing. BBL, babes! :D

Thanks Cathy!

Do you think I should just stick with 3-4 miles for now, and not push 5 for another few weeks?

I am fine with the 3-4 miles since I never want to crash and burn out.

Thank you to all of my Cheetahs for all of your advice here. Everyone is great!

Amy

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)

"Running feels great for my soul!" :)

:) CHEETAH :)

we are back from the ymca. took the boys for their swimming lessons and then i got on the elliptical for about 6 mins but the lore of the TM kept calling so i hopped on one and did a 5k. took me 30 mins and 30 secs...my fastest ever!!!

wendy- great thinking! i know it's hard at first getting caught up in the excitement.

jess- awesome workout today!! go get 'em girl.

cathy- i don't think you could go wrong with any of those names. i am partial to cheetahbabe but also really like running-teach.

carole- does you dh workout at all?

me and dh will weight train at home when ds #2 takes his nap.

do any of you use recovery drinks? if so, what kind do you use? thanks for the info:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.