::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday, 12/18

Just finished YogaX..This time I did the first 10 mins to w/u and then skipped to where I had left off last time and got through all of the poses until they started the balancing poses...that's where I stopped. It was about 30 mins. I survived it again! WHOA! What's going on here!?!? LOL :p

I need coffee...my brain is shutting down...it needs caffeine to keep it running :7 :7 :7 ...I'll be back! ;)

The cheetahs are quiet this afternoon! What's up wtih that!?

I am in the midst of laundrymax and dustmax and have vacuumed the first floor. I made the coffee but didn't actually take a sip until everything I was doing was almost done!:eek: It tastes EXTRA good since I waited so long! LOL

Well, off to finish dustmax and then it will be showermax time!:p

I hope to see some chatting amongst the cheetahs by the time I get back so that I don't look like a crazy person talking to myself! LOL

:7 :7 :7

Ciao Bellas!

I'm back for a minute

Crosby is sleeping in my lap. I am IMing with my oldest DD who is writing her last undergrad paper ever! We are not telling her about Crosby; it will be a surprise, just like it was for Nick when he arrived yesterday.

Laurie- You look very attractive in your new avatar picture! The party sounds like it was a hit!

Carole- I never thought about it being disrespectful to run in a cemetary, but I see how it can be, espceially if family is there greiving... Good luck with the car today...I did'nt realize you are running a marathon next month! Do your elliptical WO's count towards your milage trainning?

Shelly- enjoy those nights off! Hopefully it won't get crazy when you go back for Christmas weekend. DH has done many New years eve holidays and it can get real busy with chest pain! He works Christmas next year.

Cathy- I hope your dinner is fun tonight

Wendy- good job on the yoga and the cardio! At first I did the pyramids twice per week for building strength, then only once but heavier on the weights for maintence. I myself am doing one upper body part per day this week (using muscle max)

Jes- Oh, I hope your family gets well for Christmas! We have had a few Christmas's where a family member or more have stayed in bed.

Sunny- I hope you can finish up with the shopping today

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

OK, I'm off to ExerciseMax, but thought I'd post so Wendy doesn't feel so lonely!! ;-) I've played CandyLand, made bead bracelets, and had lots of fun w/ my sick kiddies. At least their fevers are down & they're feeling better!! Now they're off to NapMax so I can go do B & G! Thanks for the heads up Wendy, I'll definitely do the Leg blast premix!! I hope I can walk tomorrow! ;-)

Enjoy your coffee too! Yummy! I swear that I am in love w/ Maxwell House's Hazelnut coffee, it's almost out!! EEK!

I've been CleanMaxing so blankies & pillowcases were washed, another load of clothes, and everything else disinfected!!

Have a great afternoon, I'll be back after I'm a sweaty mess! :)

Jess, Thanks for keepin' me company girl! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the leg blast! I'm doing it tomorrow! :eek:

Judy, Thanks for your input on PUB. I love MM! Have fun with it!

Hi everyone!

I took today as a rest day, so didn’t do any workout.

Just popping in to say hi to everyone and thanks to everyone who gave me their opinion on running on the roads through the cemetery!

Marcia – I have lost my long posts quite often! It is sooo aggravating! That is so cool that you teach step! Do you like doing it? I have always wanted to be an instructor. Maybe you could do something like CTX and do a body part or two a night.

Judy – have fun with your run. Glad your son is home safe and sound. Awww! A new kitty sound fun! Enjoy!

Cathy – I’ll bet you are really looking forward to your break! I have been eating like a “beast” too! I have got to stop it!!! Have fun tonight with your friends for dinner! I am meeting my daughter and granddaughter before her dance Christmas recital. So….I will be doing “bad” again…cause we are just going to get pizza ! Ugh, oh!

Wendy – I really like your idea of splitting PUB up like GS’s! That is a fantastic idea! I have done Pyramid’s twice a week before (twice a week for ea body part) and I really like that rotation. I just did it for a few weeks in a row and then starting mixing things up. But I felt good doing it. I agree with Shelly – alternating the running with the elliptical would be good, if you don’t want to run that many days in a row!

Shelly – 4 nights off! Awesome! Enjoy your run, lower body work….and Snow!! Wish we would get some! I like snow at Christmas time! It is entirely too warm here for December! This is very unusual weather!

Sunny – Don’t work too hard!! Sounds like you did a great workout!

Laurie – Your new avatar is beautiful! I don’t know how to get one on here. I am going to have to experiment one of these days! Have fun with the shopping and stocking stuffing!

Laura – Have fun teaching!

Jess – Glad the girls are doing a little better! Both of my little grandkids are sick. Chloe has a Christmas dance recital tonight, but she is feeling better and not contagious , so she is dancing. There is a lot going around everywhere right now, I guess. Tis the season :<(

Carole – Sounds like a great workout planned! I hope you enjoy it!

Susan – I know what you feel like with being somewhere and feeling like you won’t be able to exercise! I start panicking. Maybe you can sneak a few walks in, etc. And just try to enjoy the break in routine! Lol…I had the opposite experience that you did! I did B&Gs Saturday….and I am soooo sore! I know it is because it has been quite a while since I did the standing portion of it! I love that workout!

Hope everyone has a good evening.

LInda

Hey Wendy- OUCH!! Man, she kills ya w/ the squats & lunges in that darn leg-blast premix!! Why oh why did you make me do it??? J/k I know I'll be feelin' that tomorrow!! Have fun w/ it tomorrow! }(

Carole ~ I don't know if I count as a speedy Cheetah since I haven't been speedy lately, but I did run a 7 min mile in my 5K this summer & a 7:21 min mile in my 12K in May. I used to do my speedwork at 6:30 (but only a quarter mile). However, I'll have to work my way back to speediness after my injury!!! :( I guess my *average* pace is about 8:30 - 8:45. I slowed it down for marathon training though.

Keep up the great runs on the weekend!! You always do such great workouts!!!

Linda, I'm late to chime in here but I'd say running through a cemetary is probably fine especially if you are doing it when there are very few people around. Think of it this way though...if you were visiting your parents and a runner/walker went by, would it bother you? If not, then I'd say GO FOR IT!:)
I will only be doing PUB for this last 2 week of the year myself. I'm bringing in the new year with P90X! *GASP*

Jess, Glad you enjoyed the pain of that premix! I have yet to try the others. Quite frankly, the thought scares me!:p

Okay, it's time to get the little guy up from his nap now...I'll be back later no doubt!

Ciao Bellas!:*

Wendy - Thanks! There were several walkers doing their fitness walks and it was very early. (So there were no grave services, etc going on.)There are loops of roads all the way through it, so people are always driving through and walking. P90X!!! I keep thinking I will do another rotation with that one....but I keep getting side tracked! :+ I love it, though!

Marcia :: good luck getting your weight workouts in…sounds like you’ve got a lot planned for this week.

Shelly :: lucky you on the snow! I’d love to have a white Christmas here in Jersey. :) But I leave for Colorado on Christmas Day, so I’m guaranteed to see plenty of the white stuff! Enjoy GS Legs and your run.

Judy :: I think you’ve gotta post a pic of the new kitty. :)

Wendy :: it’s the same for me…the scale is up just a couple of pounds but the clothes still fit fine. I better watch it, though. I think with PUB, I would do one body part per week. Too funny about picking up your hubby! My father recently told me I am getting the shoulders of a “construction worker.” Oddly enough, I considered it a compliment! (I don’t think they’re big, just getting defined.)

Sunny :: that’s one dedicated cheetah heading into the gym at lunch. Did you wind up having to work on Saturday? Thanks for your card – it came today. It’s a day brightener gettin' those cards from my cheetahs!

Laurie :: hope you had fun with DM and B&G. Good for you for tossing out the extra goodies! That’s some willpower you got there!

Laura :: have a great class…hope you are still enjoying warmer temps.

Carole :: I do love a good chip…Make mine ruffled…Thank you…I plan to have the filet gorgonzola at one of my favorite Italian restaurants…Glad to hear you’re dropping off the wheels for repair…Thanks for your card – I received it today. Great pic!

Susan :: you’ll be OK with two back-to-back light workout weeks…Just remind yourself that you can’t destroy the hard work you’ve done all year in just 14 days. As long as you’re doing SOMETHING to stay active, it’s fine. I think most of us will be struggling with our workout schedule during the holidays. Or am I wrong, cheetahs?

Linda :: odds are, it will be a rest day for me also. I don’t have enough time to put in a good workout & get showered before dinner, so as soon as I post this, I’m going to hit a pile of grading instead. I’d like to think I might have the energy to plug something in AFTER, but I have a feeling that’s just not realistic. I haven’t been getting many second-winds in the evening these days. Oh well. I’m not gonna beat myself up at this point. Enjoy your dinner & the recital!

Jess :: looks like you win for speediest cheetah! :) Rock on!

OK, I'm off to handle some schoolwork and then get ready for dinner. I doubt I'll feel up to a workout afterward, but you never know. Sometimes I surprise myself. If not, then I absolutely MUST set that alarm for the buttcrack of dawn and either hit the TM or KPC.

In case I don't make it back this evening, have a great night, everyone!

-Cathy :)

Hi all! I'm actually able to check back in today:) :) Had a great time with GS legs....haven't done that goodie for a while!
In a bit I'm headed for the basement TM for a 6 mile interval run.
No snow yet but it's cold enough for some and it's nicely overcast.
We're expecting a few inches tonight. Unfortuntely it'll be all long gone by Christmas:(

Wendy- I really don't mind working Christmas Eve at all. It's something you learn to accept in my profession. If you don't.... you need to find a new line or work! We do slow down though so there have been times when it is my turn to go home due to low census. I loved the story about picking up your DH!!! Great job on the elliptical!

SunnyD- your Metabolic Effect spin class sounds like my kind of workout}( It's something I have actually never tried before! Someday....

Laurie- I'm not able to view most pics when I post at work, so I checked you out just now. I have to concur with the majority of Cheetahs... you are one Hot babe!

Laura- Have a great time with your class tonight.... knock em dead!
Well, not literally ;-)

Jess- Hope your sick princess is feeling better soon. If she is truly acting like a princess I guess she is feeling better;-)
She sure does have a queen for a Mom though! I fidget constantly when I visit my ILs!!! They also think I'm insane....well, I guess they are partly right:p

Carole- I'm not sure I ever really was the fastest cheetah at all!
However, I'm DEFINITELY not now!!! I've lost a good deal of my speed recovering from this injury and it just isn't back where it used to bex( Don't be looking for any eye-opening times for my first marathon!!! Oh well, I'm happy just to be able to do it!

Susan- I know you are laying off running for now, but how about a power walk now and then while you're in Chicago? Do they have any bikes you can borrow to take out for a spin?

Okay, I've gotten a good afternoon cheetahfix communicating with y'all!!! tata for now

ShellyC

Laurie...honestly I usually do the GS timesaver for chest!! Not a push-up fan...but today I might do every other set of push-ups and then the rest of the workout.

Susan....think of your week in Chicago as recovery for your sciatic...:)...and of course time with your Mom...good workouts yesterday and today!

Wendy...sounds like a good Elliptical workout. I've done GS Back & Shoulders so far today. Okay, I feel better now that your DH might weigh 140...:)...The balancing poses of P90X are my favorite parts...

Judy...bite your tongue!!! I am doing a 3 person marathon relay, not a full marathon! I'll be doing 8-9 miles I think. The cemetery we run to is always deserted and not really kept up, thats how long it been there..

Linda...glad you are enjoying a rest day. I have enjoyed lifting heavier after the 5 weeks of circuits...

Jess...yes, I think you would qualify for the speediest cheetah. My fastest I can remember is when I was 40. I ran a 5 mile race at a 7:01 pace....geeze, I have really slowed down....

Shelly...so if you get snow can you take some pics? Then I'd feel not so jealous...:)..I have also lost speed and it was after my last bout with Achilles tendinitis. If I haven't said this, the following is now a quote I use..."The older I get, the faster I used to be"...:)..enjoy your TM interval run.

Cathy...ruffled it is....how about Krinkle Cut Kettle Chips?...:)...:)...It was nice to get the car in...glad you got my card. I do have to ask you know....when exactly is the buttcrack of dawn??...:)

I got the rest of my cheetah cards mailed!...and did laundrymax and floormax. Now I will be off to finish my workout. GS Chest, some abs and a 40 min iClimb on my Elliptical...

Linda: So you want to do another P90X rotation come January....RIGHT!?!;)

Shelly: Yeah, you certainly do have to be prepared to work holidays in your line of work. Once you have been doing it for a while I'm sure you get used to it. I always had to work Black Friday when most had off. It was a bummer in one respect but I'll tell ya, it was NEVER a busy day! Goof off time!!!:7

Cathy: Hope you had a good dinner!

Carole: I have awful balance so when Tony mentioned balancing, I knew it was time to turn it off! :p Next time I will w/u with a few poses at the beginning again and then ff to the balancing stuff but I am going to make sure I have plenty of room to fall w/o hitting anything hard!:eek: :7 :7 :7

Just thinking of all you Cheetahs and wishing I could run like the wind but I'm just trotting along with my 3miles. My food has been awful since Thanksgiving. Not good. I just have to give up sweets. I can't handle them even in moderation. I'm a sweetaholic. I admit it.

I'm alternating Cathe's Dec. workout with running for cardio. I did Chest and Tri today. A bit shaky on the weights at the end.

My running is not Cheetahesq so I throw in a Chathe cardio for variety and muscle endurance. Some day I want an Ipod. I bet music would help the mind vs body slowdown. I try to keep my mind empty when I run and just concentrate on breathing and being present on my run but my monkey mind starts to interfere. It is a mental and well as physical challange for me. My mind is such wimp.

I promised myself I'd start upping mileage again in February. I use a light box to help my self with my SAD winter tendancy and by February I always feel more energetic.

I think we're having a brown Christmas here. Oh, well, at least it's warmed up. Running in 30 degress is a breeze.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one whose cards arent' done. I was going to do them tonight but we had a pipe break in the wall from the 2nd floor and the water ran all the way down to the basement.

Hello Carole, Sunnydelite, Susan, Elaine,Laurie, Linda,Jess,Cathy, Marcia,Wendy,Shelly,and any wonderful Cheetahs I've missed.

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.