::: CHEETAHS ::: happy hauntings!!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone!
http://www.smileycollector.com/halloween/hallowsmile.gif

My internet finally came back up yesterday evening, so I did my best to get caught up with all the goings-on around here and posted some personals last night.

So glad our California cheetahs are OK and the earthquake didn't do any damage.

Christine :: thanks for the NC info...I'm all for a cheetah GTG. That sounds like it'd be a blast!

Today is a planned rest day for me, but since I did not work out Monday or Tuesday, I think I might try to get some yoga in later tonight and then regroup the remaining days of the week. My back is supertight again this morning, so I don't think rest and heat is really doing it any good.

Have a GREAT day, cheetah babes! Will BBL to see what you're all up to.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Hello cheetahs and Happy Halloween:+

cathy- i sure hope your back feels better today. maybe yoga will do the trick. also happy to hear things are going better at your school.

christine- hopefully all of the cheetahs would be able to make it. sounds like a blast!

wendy- no DOMS for me today. and i am actually happy about that since i have to run today:7 how are your legs feeling today?

linda- welcome back! glad you had a great trip and also that you have your new Cathe vids!!

i am caught up on personals for now however i will check back in later.

today's workout is one of the itread 30 mins all sprints and GS chest and tri's.

BBL...:)

Good morning, Sunny and Lorie!

Sunny :: thanks! I appreciate the support on both fronts. :) Enjoy your w/out today!

Lorie :: A few of us on the East Coast priced the LV trip and tried to make it happen, but in my case, with the restriction of my school schedule and the flight fares, it just didn't work out. Otherwise, I'd have loved to have been there!!

Edited to fix a couple of minor but annoying typos. It's the English teacher in me geeking out. :)

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good morning Cathy, Sunny, Lorie and all of Cheetahville and Happy Halloween!!!

My apologies for being kind of absent the past few days. Between work and everything else I've been a bit short on time. I'll try to catch up on personals in a bit, but I wanted to say thank you for the support and well wishes gals...it was a long couple of days.

Also, I wanted to say I'm relieved that our west coast Cheetahs are okay this morning after last night's "amusement park ride", although I did just see that they are still having some decent aftershocks there this morning.

Without going into too much detail (that would bore you all to tears) the situation between my SO and I has taken a very positive turn. Sunday morning I basically told him that the relationship could not continue to stagnate. That there was work to be done for it go to the next level, work that I didn't think he'd be willing or able to do. With that he left and I had to go to my race. Well, over the next couple of days he and I had some very productive conversations and, to my surprise, he's willing to do what's needed to make this work. In fact, it was as close to a proposal as you can get. So, I have some hope to hold onto now, but the proof is in the pudding, they say. We'll see...

I was supposed to do a full 4DS rotation this week. Yesterday was HIS...took it to an 8" step and heavied up a bit on the weights from last time. I actually figured out a way to use a 30lb BB for pullovers. The heaviest DBs I have are 10s (have 8s and 5s, too) so I end up doubling those up pretty often but the heaviest I can go like that is 20lbs and I just wasn't feeling those pullovers with 20. Todays was supposed to be LIS but I overslept and have to be to work a bit early to show another horse to a different buyer. I would normally move it to tonight but I'm not about to try to workout with all the Trick or Treaters knocking on the door tonight. In fact, I'm not even going to stay in tonight. I've gotten so much "traffic" here in the past that I've easily gone through 8 bags of candy on Halloween night. That is just way too much candy for me to have in the house. Instead, I go walk around the mall, no crowds and no temptation!

Okay, long and self-centered enough for now. BBL with personals, I swear!!!

Good Morning!!

I love all the pumpkins and skeltons around today:) Very Spooktacular!!!!!

Yesterday ended up being an unplanned rest day. When I don't workout in the morning,it just doesn't get done. Im so use to it now but I have to come up with another plan cause DS soon won't take a morning nap so I will have to work out in the afternoon OR get up before he gets up. This is what I plan to do on my day shifts at work but before I had him it was kind of a rat race getting ready for work...now Im not so sure I can workout, get him ready and not get fired for being late!:)

Cathy, enjoy your workout!Thanks for the compliments!!! hehe

Sunny, have a good day!

Lorie, love the running skelaton! LOL

Wendy, are you thinking of changing up your routine a little. Ive only been getting in one good workout per muscle group a week lately, unless I do a circuit workout. I see some definition but its probably b/c I am lifting 20 lbs around all day long and I am 8 lbs lighter then i was before. Sounds like you had a good workout! I think when I get back into the swing of things at work, I will have to come up with a rotation or a plan to get my workouts in there and make the best of an hour to myself!!!

Kristi, I haven't decided on the 1/2 HM yet. She is still waiting for some info and I would have to check out my schedule at work. It would be nice to do though.

Christine, I love BM2 scrammbled eggs! Thats a toughie, sounds like you had a good workout and I had a good chuckle when I read about the spider on the wall!

Carole, nothing like some DOMS! My chest was still hurting last night from the GS on Sunday!

Shelly, I am always losing post on this computer! Drives me insane! Do you think my stitch could possibly NOT be a stitch????

Judy, sounds like you had a good workout planned yesterday! And a very busy day...try not to eat to much cake today:)

Linda, enjoy your new workouts! I went to order them the other day but backed out again...so UNLIKE ME! I may just ask for them for christmas.

Wendi, so glad to hear that you and your SO seem to be working things out...to your liking! LOL Hope everything works out just the way you want it to!

Alright...hope I didn't miss anyone from yesterdays post! I hope everyone as a good day and I will try my darnest to get back here thoughout the day!!!

Lori:)

Good morning all ! Happy hump day and Happy Halloween. I hardly notice this holiday since I live out in the "boonies" where I can't even see my neighbors unless I walk to the end of my property. I don't think there are any kids at all. Anyway, hope it's a great halloween for everyone. I'm in the middle of two work nights so I won't be able to fit much of a workout in. I'll be doing the leg workout from the 4DS series and the BC cardio if there is time.

Cathy- Glad your internet connection is back on. That must have been hard for you going without this VITAL function!!! ;-) Sorry you're back is still troubling you but I think a good dose of yoga should help.

SunnyD- Happy sprinting today! I'd love to visit NC!! I hope I can arrange the time... I don't know about mid July though. OMG that would be a HOT race!!!:eek: :eek:

Lorie- HI!!!:7 :7 :7
Hello to all the lovely cheetahs following. Hopefully I can check back in a little later.

ShellyC

Hello again... just a bit of catching up.

Wendi- That sounds very encouraging news about you and your SO!!
Your Halloween situation is just the opposite of mine... hope you survive okay!

Lori- Hey there! I actually replied to you about your stitch situation yesterday but lost the postx( Anyway, unfortunately there are many opinions out there as to the cause of these and no real consensus. Since it only occurs to you with running and after you've been running for a while I highly doubt that it is something other than a stitch. Sometimes they can just be difficult to get a handle on. I would do some internet research and try various suggestions about prevention and treatment and see what works.

Later

ShellyC

Happy Halloween Cheetah Girls!}(

Christine: So glad you are okay and the quake was not a strong one!!!!

Today will be the remainder of the 4DS Total Body Weight Premix I didn't have time to finish y'day so it'll be Shoulders/Bi&Tri work for me after work today. I am rescheduling the run I thought I might do before work this morning for tomorrow. No more daily cardio for me!

I am waiting to see what kind of rotation Cathe puts out. I am thinking it will be too cardio intensive for me but perhaps it'll be something I can adjust w/o totally butchering. Hopefully she'll post it soon. :)

So I have some nice DOMS in my legs this morning. It's not the really super EVIL kind that B&G leg blast gives me (atleast not yet!:eek: )but I am sore none-the-less. }( My upper body feels like some DOMS COULD settle in during the course of the day so we'll see what happens....:)

Tonight we are going to my SIL's house for dinner. DH's neice and nephew are supposed to take DS trick or treating around their immediate neighborhood since SIL's family are friendly with pretty much everyone around there so we know it'll be safe. :)

Okay, I've babbled on long enough. Time for more coffee. I'll come back for personals in a bit.}(

Goulish Greetings to all Cheetahs!

Well DH left for his board exam this morning with a massive cold. I hope he can breathe comfortably during his exam. Poor guy. he has his recertification on his Halloween Birthday and a nasty cold. He is a survivor type though.

Christine- The GTG sounds fun except I am not fond of running in NC in July. I ran in SC last July and it was all I could do to go slow and steady. (call me a whimp!)

Cathy- Welcome back! I missed our cheetah-teaching-running-unofficial-thread-starter! I like your costume idea. I hope your back can get loose soon!

Wendi- I sometimes can not post daily, we just get here when we can. The SO situation sounds encouraging. Time will tell!

Lori- With having small kids around for years, I had a similar issue with early workouts. The best way to get in consistent workouts was before they woke up. Are you finding any information about side stitches ? I am sorry they are bothering you.

Carole- If I was surprised NOT to get DOMS from 4DS legs, I am no longer surprised. Yesterday, I did the 4DSKB/legs/abs as produced and YIKES I have DOMS this morning. However, when I did each part on a different day I did not experience the DOMS

Shelly-We tend to get a massive amount of Trick-or-Treaters. We live in a golf community and believe it or not, people come to the club house, park and take their kids all around the houses here. The teenagers like it here too. There are some rather large homes and the expectation is that the candy will be good. So, I am well armed with loads of candy that I have been hiding from my family.

I will have to keep my kitties in tonight, and they will cry all night. Last year they followed some kids, because they are naive and love people, and they did not come home until late the next morning. Plus, being black, I worry that someone may harm them.

Today will be either a short run or an EXT, and 4DS upper body premix. I am leaning towards the EXT session to give my hip a longer rest.

Hi to Wendy, Kristi,Sunny, Linda ( glad you got your replacements!)

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

i have got to go get ready for work because i am running late, late, late but i just had to come and say that i did iTread #9/60 and had done 7.5 miles in 62 minutes, so i went on to do 11 miles in 92 minutes!!! i think that might be a PR!!! :D i hadn't done any runs longer than 7 miles since my bronchitis and was getting worried that i wouldn't be able to do my half. i am feeling pretty good about it now.

i will be back later to read everything above and for personals, but i had to toot my horn a little! toot! toot!

Happy Halloween!!!

My work out for today:

http://www.millan.net/anims/holidays/moonr.gif

Last night was exciting with the quake and all. I’m sure Susan felt it more than we did. The china in the cabinets did not even rattle. Another day where I’m not 100% sure what cardio I’ll do this morning. It’s SCC in the afternoon. I’m leaning towards a Spinervals as I have not done one for a while. Or I may just do 4DBC and the weight work this morning. I’ll figure it out. We have a Halloween Party in the afternoon at work, which means I can leave early! YAY! I have to hit the grocery store for candy and what not – as I do not buy any until today. (Another benefit is that all the candy is on sale).

Cathy – I thought that GTG sounded fun! Hope you have a great Halloween at school today!

Sunny – Yeah – I hope so, too! That would be fun!

Lori – Happy Halloween to you as well!

Wendi – it’s tough sometimes keeping up with the Chatty Cheetahs! That’s okay, we understand. We’re having tiny aftershocks – 2.1 was the biggest – can’t even really feel that one. I’m happy you’re working things out with SO!!! That’s exciting! He must really love you – and you him! How wonderful. We go through a lot of candy as well – 8-10 bags is normal, which is why I buy it today.

Lori – I know what you mean about working out in the AM or not working out at all. Best part of that spider story – there was not one – it was a spot on the wall! So I tripped for no reason!

Shelly – Sounds like a good workout for not doing a workout! :p You crack me up. Hope work is smooth – does it get crazy on Halloween?

Wendy – thanks – the quake was more startling for me than anything. Susan is more directly on the fault line, so I think she got a worse shaking. I’m hoping Cathe posts the rotation, too – funny – I’m thinking it won’t have enough cardio! :+ Enjoy your dinner and Trick or Treating with Joey! It’s always more fun in a group.

Judy – I know what you mean about running in NC in July. That’s why I picked a 5k/10k – as it’s more of a GTG than a real run, but we have a race to do. Hope DH is feeling better – not fun! Yes, I would keep the kitties in tonight – poor things.

Lorie - GREAT JOB ON THE RUN!!!!

Happy Halloween everyone! Hope y’all get many more treats than tricks this year!

Good morning cheetahs

http://bestsmileys.com/halloween2/2.gif[/img]

Cathy...so glad you got your internet fixed. LOL about the Verizon guys..The interruptions for my long run probably made it easier to keep the pace. I think there are only 2 coasters in Vegas. I will sure find out. Thanks, I do like the sparkly smilies. So do you like the new leg workout? Thanks for the floor cleaner update..:)...the Swiffer Wood floor cleaner seems to be doing the trick. Sorry about your back...hope resting it helps.

Sunny...Have fun with your iTread and GS workout.

Lorie...that is funny as I am the opposite, I can't get into College Football but LOVE pro. My Mom likes College though. My DH could do either. I am with you as I wish more cheetahs could come to LV with us...cool Halloween graphics. Way to go on the 11 miles in 92 mins!!

Wendi...sounds promising with your SO. I hope things work out for both of you..:)..Good job with the 30 lb BB for pullovers...Enjoy the trick or treaters as we rarely get any.

Lori...hope you had a nice rest day.

Shelly...have fun with the leg workout and BC cardio. I have to say the BC cardio is one that I am happy with that it is not longer!!

Wendy..I bet Cathe will have a killer rotation for NOV. I did the 1st round of leg exercises and the core work before the run and the rest plus calves after. Those low plane lunges were tough after the run! I need to use the purple band too as I don't really feel the green one. Enjoy the rest of your long workout.

Christine...Scrambled Eggs is a great workout. Sorry about the trip! I have done that a few times too. For those dips with the ball I prop my ball between my couch and coffee table and it helps but they are far from easy! I think I have done that hanging concentration curl in another workout? Enjoy whatever workout you decide on today.

Shelly...the home made pizza sounds yummy. Hope you had a nice run and LIC premix.

Judy...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/bday9.gif[/img] to your DH. I am amazed how they use those GPS's for everything now. The Sky Caddie sounds like and awesome gift. I am with you on the new leg workout..Love it!! Sorry about DH's cold...hope is not feeling too bad. I didn't have as much DOMS from the leg workout today as I did last week.

Linda...glad you finally got the reordered workouts! Looks like you have been enjoying the new workouts like us. So Madison took care of the fake pumpkin?

I am going to do the new KB cardio and probably add some of Amy's kickbox for a longer cardio, plus C&B.

Have a great Halloween...:)

I'm back quickly. Ended up doing 4DBC and SCC work. Figured I didn't want to have weight work to do if I wanted to go out to lunch or something today. I have to laugh every time I do BC. Jimmy gives me the oddest looks as if to say, "Okay, lady, I've always known you were a bit off, but man, this is even beyond what I expect of you!" He will just stare at me in astonishment. It's so funny.

Carole - Enjoy your KB workout and C&B - I like that workout! As for football - I love both college and pro. I'm a big Penn State fan and will watch those games - I LOVE JoePa (Paterno). He has such integrity.

Well - off for a protein shake and to hit the showers. I guess I should work today. x( But fortunately, the party starts at 2 so I'll be having cocktails at that time.

Good Afternoon!

4DS shoulders/bi&tri is in the bag. DONE! YAY!}( My arms are shakin'! I LOVE IT!

I don't have the time I normally do this afternoon which is why I didn't post before starting my work out. We are going to my SIL's today and DH is getting off work early and wants to leave the house by 3:30 to avoid lots of traffic so I have to cut down drastically on my "play time" this afternoon. :-( Ah well...you KNOW I'll be back tonight though!:p

Well, time to hit the showers.

Have a great afternoon ladies.:)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

For those of you with kids - enjoy!

For those of you like me who will be answering the door - have fun!

I had a great day with my students! They were so cute - the little ones - in their Halloween parade!

-Amy :)

Life is short so enjoy and appreciate it! :)

Hey ladies,

for all interested cathe posted november's rotation!

carole- did you get your new amy's? i just got mine in today.

we are going to a halloween party tonight, ds#1 will be some type of monster (his choice) and ds# 2 will be batman. i wanted him to be elmo but they didn't have any costumes in his size and second choice was a power ranger (he loves) but i didn't want him to wear the plastic mask as he is only 2.

so far no chest and tri's, just can't motivate myself to do it just yet.x(

hope everyone is have a fun day!

okay, so the long post that i had with a ton of personals...lost somewhere in cyberspace! x( x( x(

so, instead i will just say "happy halloween" to all the cheetah babes and i hope you all have a great evening. an 11 mile run then a full day of work has left me pretty tired. i will definitely be going to bed early!

lori- 11 miles (blows whistle)!! great job.

just popped back in to say after i posted i felt bad about not doing my workout so i did my own chest and tricep circuit. it was fun and my arms are toast...}( :7

off to the halloween festivities....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.