:::: CHEETAHS :::: feelin' hot, hot, hot!! :) 7.11

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs! :) :) :)

Today is CTX u/b + a run...am pumped to try out the new Garmin!

Wendy :: cracked up at your last post ~ agreed! But I do need to snap out of that.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :D

Good morning,

cathy- you are up pretty early. you just couldn't wait to try out that garmin, lol. have fun and enjoy!

wendy- i am all about a good shopfest:7

today's workout is BBC's legs and glutes! i am also about to leave the house to run with my buddy for 5 miles.

ttyl...:)

:D Ha, Sunny ~ believe it or not, today I woke up at about 5:15, which is a little late for me. Just through the routine of my teaching schedule, I seem to be hard-wired to wake up somewhere between 4-5. I wouldn't mind sleeping in a little later in the summer, but so far, it hasn't happened. But this week's schedule is nice, starting class at 9. Enjoy your run & BBC legs!

~Cathy http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Man who runs behind car gets exhausted. Man who runs in front of car gets tired." -Source unknown

Good Morning Early Bird Cheetahs and all who follow!

Cathy and Sunny: Enjoy your early morning runs girls!}(

Cathy: Don't snap out of it...just make sure you can still pay for the roof over your head and maybe a little bit of food and all is good, girl! ;) :7

I have abs (ARX again? }( ) and GS Legs on tap for this afternoon. I have to work this morning and I am going to mom's for a visit this evening so I won't have a ton of time to fart around today. :p

Wendy :: *LOL* We are a dangerous bunch of enablers here, but I love it. Enjoy GS Legs and whatever way you decide to torture your abs. :D

Just finished a 3 mile run. As slow as I was going, it was impossible to stay in my HR zone. I'm sure the heat had something to do with it, too. But at any rate, I'm lovin' the 305!! Don't have time to get to CTX u/b before class, so that'll have to wait til the afternoon. I think I may split it up over two days this week, anyway.

BBL!
~Cathy http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Man who runs behind car gets exhausted. Man who runs in front of car gets tired." -Source unknown

Hey Girls:) I've got about 6 minutes to chug my coffee, wake the heck up, lace up and get down with KPC/LG circuit. Cathy made me remember how much I love that premix but I slept later than I should have.

Cathy, good for you for getting your run in at all Girl, it's not even 7:30 here and it's brutal! Great that you're lovin' the Garmin!

Back later ladies, enjoy your workouts!

Take Care
Laurie

G'morning Cheetahs! I broke my rule of not running 2 days in a row. My buddies wanted to run our 4 mile hilly loop so we ran that. I did NOT want to wake up this morning, I'm still dragging. It took me a good mile to fully wake up, I think! I did 30 min of YogaX y'day afternoon, need to finish it today. And tomorrow I'm sleeping in!!

VBS has been really good. We've had a lot of good kids. Took some more visitors for my dd's last night. Allison took her best friend Claire from her preschool class, they were so cute sitting together holding hands. :) I'm worn out though, we've been having to eat dinner around 4:30 in order to get out the door by 5 & then getting home around 8:30. (I've been picking up & dropping off extra kids)

Well, we have to head to the library today. I read YOU on a Diet, pretty good book. Not the greatest diet plan, but it does have some really good info. And now they have Eat Clean by Tosca Reno on hold for me. That one I can't wait to read after all of the good reviews around here! The girls are doing well on their summer reading program, so they'll check out some more books too.

Have a great Wednesday!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...so glad the support classes will help you. I am happy you don't have to do this during teaching!! I felt just the same the 1st time I wore my Garmin. I also tend to forget about the KPC/L&G premixes but then I remember the BodyBlast series did have about the best premixes...:)..Enjoy your Garmin run and CTX upper. I agree that the heat/humidity can elevate your HR. I wonder if Shelly is working a lot of overtime?

Wendy..good job on iTri#8. Core Syn is tough but I had fun doing it. So you added in some pull-ups to GS BSB? way to go! Have fun with GS legs, those slow motion lunges are surely leg burners!

Jackie...I did forget how tough Core Syn was....:)...I never had allergies until I moved to Northern Cal from Southern Cal. They eventually became so bad I chose to get a prescription as I can have symptoms all year...:(...good cardio workout yesterday.

Sunny...yes, I am doing a modified P90X rotation. Enjoy your run and BBC Legs today.

Laurie...sounds like you had a nice step mix yesterday! I think I have only done the CTX ub split once. I think the circuit premix on KPC/L&G is quite fun...enjoy.

Jess...it is tough running when you are tired. But you have been very busy with VBS. My church has that too and the kids seem to have a blast.

I am doing Amy's KBX, but might just do the combos and not the intervals. I am planning on a trail run this Sat so I will try and save my legs a bit. Here is the site for the run if you want to check it out:
http://www.siskiyououtback.com/mainpage.html

Have a great day...:)

Hey everybody!!!!! Quickie for me yet AGAIN!

The amusement park yesterday was awesome. Miles of walking and climbing. All 4 boys were well-behaved, so that's always a +.

I thought I'd have problems getting up this AM, but I didn't. I was up and in the basement all laced up and ready to go by 7:15 (which is late for me, but still earlier than I thought I'd manage today).
I did Legs & Glutes, then BBC chest & abs. Had to make up for taking yesterday's leg day off.

Today is going to be very quiet. I've got my book club meeting tonight, but other than that, there's nothing on the calendar.

I got an email from the school district HR rep, saying they have pulled my resume for the position that I applied for (I'm trying to get in the school so I can work around my kids' schedules and I applied for a Learning Support Staff position.), so I'm very very happy about that. I'm very confident that if I can get an interview, I CAN get that job.

ANYWAY.....enjoy your day. Stay cool (and dry if it's raining), and KEEP MOVING!

Gayle

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - Glad class is going well for you. How nice that you convinced one of your friends go for it too and that will be such great support. My Prime shipping trial ends in August. I've been browsing to see if I want to order anything else. I wouldn't mind keeping it if I ordered a whole lot from Amazon and if it applied to everything. But, $79 a year, I don't think I would spend that much in shipping. I feel the same way about cars. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I keep those babies until they can't go anymore. LOL! I have upgraded my HR monitors at least 3 times. :) Glad you enjoyed the Garmin.

Wendy - Nothing wrong with thinking ahead. At least you will have an idea of your game plan. I have confidence that you will be good at whatever you decide to do. Enjoy your workout today and your visit with your mom. Like the advice you gave to Cathy about ishopping. As long as we have a roof over our heads is all that matters, huh. LOL!

Sunny - Have a great 5 mile run!

Laurie - Hope you had a good workout!

Jess - Great 4 miles this morning. I never think about going to the library to check out some of these books and it's right across the street from work. That gives me ideas!:7

Carole - You girls have convinced me to look into the KPC/L&G premixes. Allergies are a PIA. I feel 95% back to normal today. Still sound a little nasaly but the stuffiness is almost gone. Have you lived anywhere other than CA? Your trail run looks awesome. Know you will do great!

I used Shelly's speed ladder for my 40 minute tempo run this morning. I really like this one. I warmed up on the elliptical and did some stretching first. Finished up with Rodney Yee's Yoga for Abs.

I notice the difference in the calories burned reading on my treadmill is widening from my HRM. Guess that means my body is becoming more efficient at this running thing. Anywho!!

Happy Hump Day!

Jackie

Hey Cheetahs - REMEMBER ME??? Do you want me to sign a guest book :7 :7 I've been so darn busy. I think we've been home once in the past three weeks and none of us together either.

Cathy - I see you've changed your username-COOL-I like it :) Have fun with your new Garmin.

Sunny - Great workout - you go girl!

Wendy - Enjoy your visit with your mom. I stopped to see my mom last night and we had a great talk and caught up - lots of laughs.

Laurie - Enjoy your workout!

Jess - 2 days in a row running, great job! I don't usually do that either, but the weather is going to be so nice (finally!) that I just might have, too. Good job! I'm curious about the "Clean Eating" book, too.

Carole - I checked out that website - looks like an awesome trail run - have fun!!

Gayle - How are you doin' girl!

I power walked this morning for an hour. It was 58 degrees and absolutely refreshing. We finally had the hot-humid weather pass and are enjoying some wonderful weather now. Don't worry, girls, the cooler weather is on the way for you, too.

Have a great day - I'll be back later to check with all of you.

Marcia.

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Today is a rest day for me. I had so much butt pain from Kick Max! ha ha!

I loved that workout! Muscles that I never even knew could hurt did hurt me!!!!! Loved it!

So.....today is pack day for my Hawaiian Honeymoon. :)

We leave Saturday AM at 7:30. We fly from Boston to LA and stay a night over with DH's sister. Then Sunday from LA to Hawaii! Yay!
12 hours total on the plane to get to Hawaii!

Marcia - I am a new Cheetah, it is nice to meet you! I love this place! Welcome back from your 3 weeks off of the forum!

Cathy - I hope you enjoy your Garmin! I am going to look into this for sure. I am happy that you are enjoying your class - good luck!

Laurie - I feel like you with the coffee in the AM. I need it every day, but I have it after my workouts to really get my busy days going!

Wendy - Can't wait to see that tat! Enjoy your time with your DM tonight!

Sunny - Hope your run was wonderful!

Jess - Keep those DD's of yours' reading! I am a reading teacher, and I am always encouraging children to read books that they are interested in! Keep up your wonderful mothering skills! Once again, you and your fam are too darn cute!

Carole - Hope your allergies are better! I can't wait to try a trail run like you someday soon I hope!

Jackie - I love Rodney Yee's Yoga Abs also. He is great. I own his DVD of course!

Gayle - Best of luck to you on this job! You can do it! :)

Everyone have a wonderful Wednesday! My plan is to run tomorrow AM very early, and then do a killer ab workout!

Take care,
Amy

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)

"Running feels great for my soul!" :)

:) CHEETAH :)

Hi Amy - WELCOME!

Enjoy your trip to Hawaii. We went there a few years ago and loved it - very beautiful!! What part are you going to?

Marcia.

Thank you Marcia!!!!!

We are going to Kauai, Waikiki, and Maui!!!!

2 weeks!!!!

-Amy

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)

"Running feels great for my soul!" :)

:) CHEETAH :)

Good morning cheetahs! I've been on a bit of a hiatus from the boards lately:( Nothing tragic has happened and I'm doing just fine!
I'm afraid I've been missing for the purely mundane reason of my job.
Since I was never able to locate a nice rich old fart to marry like Anna Nicole I have to workx( :p Anyway, my hospital is opening it's new open heart surgery program very soon so it's been occupying more of my time than usual. I haven't had time to backtrack any and catch up but from today's posts everyone seems well:)

Cathy- I love your new screen name! A garmin 305? I am so WAY jealous!!! It's on my wish list and I'll definitely be caving and getting one before long. I'll be starting my training program soon for my next marathon and it would be nice to have!

SunnyD- Wow, a great workout for you today! I'm thinking I'll be giving the BBCs another go around soon.

Wendy- I did GS legs a couple of days ago and the GS upperbody routines before that. I haven't done them for a while and really gave it my all, upping the weights.... hoooboy talk about DOM city
:eek: Sounds like a busy but fun day for you!! I guess you got your PT certificatio dvd mailed out?

Laurie- KPC/LG circuit is definitely a FUN one!! How's the running weather been for you up in Canada? Have you started your new job at the gym yet?

Jess- Great job with the hill run today! I don't think doing 2 running days in a row now and then is going to hurt you but I can certainly understand your caution having recovered from injury myself.... definitely never want to go there again!!

Carole- Thanks for the e-mail and I sent you a reply. I bookmarked the link to the webpage about the foamrollers... neat article! Not that I'm not sold already on those! I truly believe it's what finally got me running again pain free and since I'll be training soon for the Las Vegas marathon in Dec. I'll be using it religiously!
That is so awesome you're doing a trail run this Sat!!!! Isn't this one the 50k you did last year? I'm assuming your doing the 15k this time around. That looks so incredibly beautiful!!!! It must be an inspiring run! Will you be doing it with anyone... like your sister or a friend?

Gayle- I think I'd sooner face a den of wild lions than take 4 boys to an amusement park;-) You have my true utmost admiration!! I think all the cheetahs are collectively crossing their paws :p for you over this job at the school. Sounds perfect for you!

Jackie- I'm so glad you like the speed ladder workout! It is good for combatting boredom on the TM in addition to giving an awesome workout! Great job:7

Marica- Great to hear from you and you sound as busy as ever! I don't know how you fit it all in. Been having better luck with the diet lately? 58 degrees? I am so envious!

Amy- A Hawaiian honeymoon??? How absolutely wonderful for you!!!!!
If you can it would be great if you could share some pics with us.
It's not hard to do if you go with www.picturetrail.com.

Well, I've not been slacking off on my workouts in addition to being so busy with my job and it's draining on me I'm afraid. Yes, it's true I am not made of iron ;-) :eek: I meant to wake up early and get in a long run of 11 miles before the heat really started to build but I didn't sleep well last night and I simply didn't have it in me!! I have alot of shopping to do and when I return I'll get in some kind of fun cardio workout, maybe AllBodyAttack and some work on the EXT. Hopefully I can get in my long run tomorrow. Tonight
DH and I are going over to my parents for dinner. My Sister and her DH have arrived from Pakistan for a visit... should be interesting!

Later y'all

ShellyC

Hi, Shelly: I actually rejoined Weight Watchers last night and I'm very excited about it. I planned out my meals and ONLY brought to work what I can eat for my points. I walked this morning since it was so cool, very refreshing :) So, I'm on the right track and hopefully being more accountable will help me.

Thanks for asking.

Marcia.

Good (hot & sticky) Afternoon to all of my Cheetahs!:)

Cathy: Glad you like your new toy! Have fun with CTX u/b later on! Hope you are stayin' cool in class!

Laurie: Hope you had fun with your work out this morning. How is your "office" at the gym coming along?

Jess: Funny that you brought up the library! I was just talking to a co-worker about the library. She goes there all of the time with her kids and talks about how great it is cause it's free, etc. I told her I would do that-great idea-except for the fact that I am horrible about returning things like that so I'd owe so much in late fees that I might as well have bought it in the first place!:7 :7 :7

Carole: Oh I am NOT looking forward to the slo mo lunges in GS Legs, thank you very much! LOL Have fun with your trail run this weekend!

Gayle: Glad the boys were all good for you. It makes such a difference when the kids behave. I LOVE doing things with Joey but when he is cranky and/or misbehaving it sucks all of the fun right out of it!

Jackie: Okay so maybe ya might want to save a little cash for something other then mtg/rent and food, LOL!}( Thanks for the vote of confidence as far as my new career choice is concerned. I can't wait to get that letter in the mail!!!!

Marcia: Glad you had a good visit with your mom. I would LOVE to have some 58 degree weather here right about now! TOO HOT! ACK!

Amy: Tat pics coming soon to a picture trail account near you! LOL

Shelly: Sorry you have been so busy. It's nice to see you as always! Yes, I mailed out my completed PT exam on Monday so now it's the waiting game! YIKES!

Well I guess I've wasted enough time...off to do my work out now!:p

I'm baaack!

I did GS Legs and ARX like this:

GS Legs floorwork
1/2 of ARX
GS Legs standing work
1/2 of ARX

It was nice to change it up and it gave my legs and abs both a break. I upped my weights for legs in everything but the slow motion lunges...I am a nut but not crazy! LOL :p

Hope everyone is having a nice afternoon. I have to get movin' and head for the shower real soon...

BBL!

Ciao!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.