<--- CHEETAHS---> 4/13 - 4/19

Brighton

Cathlete
Getting off to a late start with the thread today, but here we are!!! :D:D:D

Hope everyone is having a merry Monday! Things here are going great, just super busy. The kids are coming down after the sugar rush of yesterday, so that's been interesting... :rolleyes: But now it's nap time, so I'm headed outside to plant some flowers in the front yard. :)

Today's workout was GS back, shoulders, & bis + the core premix off Boot Camp. Also did 30 min of yoga with Barbara Benagh, targeting neck, shoulder, & back tension. Felt reeeeeal nice after toasting the UB.

I've gotta get hopping if I'm going to be productive while the kids are down, so I'll try to get caught up on personals tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!!!!!!! Happy training! :D

Hey Brighton...Was just giving the forums one last lQQksie and noticed that ya started the thread. I couldn't log off with out posting. :D

Today's work out was a morning EXT session to CC#7. I did the first 35 minutes which got me most of the way through the 2nd challenge. It was a beast of a work out! :eek:

Tomorrow is scheduled as a rest day. May do some stretching or yoga if the mood moves me....

Great work out today, btw, Brighton! Hope the flowers look pretty in their new homes! ;)

I have actually decided to employ some help from my mom at some point soon and make a flower bed in my front yard. As soon as the temps warm up a bit and STAY THERE then I will get workin' on it. I'm very excited about it! :D

Well, off I go to cuddle up with a book until I nod off.

Good night! :)

Good Morning Girls. :D

No work out for me today except for maybe some yoga or stretching if I feel like it...

Working this morning and napping this afternoon. ;) Yeah, I went to bed too late last night. I was up reading a new book I picked up over the weekend. I put it down 3x to go to sleep but kept picking it up again to see what happened next! :D

I weighed myself, took my BF%, figured out my LBM and measured my waist this morning. Despite my weight gain my BF is still pretty decent. It's up but not a massive amount. I still want to lose a bit of fat though so we will see what happens!

Hope all is well!
Have a great day!

Hi Cheetahs!

Brighton - Bet it took a minute for the kids to come down from that sugar high. :D Nice that you had time to plant some flowers. I really need to get that done. Good workout yesterday!

Wendy - So, have you planted flowers before. I haven't. I usually let my BIL do it. Yeah, if the temps stay warm and the rain stays away, might get it done. I need to replace a tree that died too. What book are you reading? Enjoy your rest day! Glad to hear the BF is still decent and hope it starts melting.

I did iTread #20 30 minutes and added 10 minutes to get in 4.1 miles. Also, I did about 20 minutes of foam rolling. Hamstrings are a little sore. Need them to be in good shape for my race Saturday.

Hope you're enjoying your day!

Hi, ladies!!! :)

Well, I had Interval Max on tap for today, but after last week's crash & burn with Imax 3 I decided I'd better ease back into the whole step/high impact thing. So I wrapped my ITB really good and only did the first 5 intervals on just the platform. So far so good, and really with all those plyo jacks (holy plyo! :eek:) I feel like I got a good workout. I'm not feeling any tightness yet... will use the foam roller really good when the kids go down for naps and hopefully everything will be happy. ;)

Wendy: LOL about continuing to pick the book up instead of going to sleep. I have been there many a time. The flowers look very happy in their new home... :D My daffodils are blooming, but I thought they needed a little company. Planted a couple of shrub roses too. I tend to get a little garden crazy this time of year... ;):eek: But flowers just make me happy. Good luck getting yours started! Sending good vibes for melting that BF%! :D

Jackie: OMG, yes yesterday was a rough one with the kids. After they were in bed I just passed out on the couch with DH. We were just so exhausted. It's pretty rainy here today, so we're just having a low key day at the house. Hopefully the quiet will help everyone calm down a bit. Ah, yes, I love Chicago. How nice that you are able to visit your sister from time to time! I haven't been back there in... nearly 7 years? Wow. I need to get back. :)

Off to get the kids ready for naptime. Hope everyone has a great day!!! :D

Good Morning!

Today's work out will be Push 1 w/cardio intervals after another successful rest day yesterday! :D

Jackie: I am reading One for the Money. The first in a series of I think 13 or 15 books! :eek: It's called The Stephanie Plum Series. There was a thread going about it in O/D. That's what made me pick it up. So far I am really enjoying it. I bought the first 3 books in a box set at B&N over the weekend. My mom helped me plant flowers a couple springs ago when we were supposed to put the house up for sale. The house never went up but the flowers looked pretty anyway. :p Haven't done anything since then and I miss how pretty it looked...

Brighton: Thanks for the BF% vibes. I jumped on the scale this morning. I've lost 1.5 pounds in the first 2 weeks of calorie staggering. This makes me happy! I will re-check my BF% next week. I should have taken it 2 weeks ago but it was such a snap decision to start doing this that I forgot about it. Glad you were able to have some IMAX fun with out the pain! What's on the agenda today as far as a work out goes?

Well, gotta get ready for work now but I'll pop back in later!

Have a great day girls!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Brighton - Good job with Imax 3! Good idea to baby the ITB. Glad the flowers are looking pretty. Just makes everything else look better. A nice relaxing day sounds like just what you needed. Do you have sunshine today? I'm ready to turn the heat off and leave it off but this weather can't make up its mind what it wants to do.

Wendy - You're handling those rest days quite well! :D That book series does sound like an interesting read. I had flowers last year and liked the way it made the house look too. I'd like to have a flower garden so I can have fresh flowers in the house all the time. But, I know that would take a lot of work. I did have a rose bush planted. Maybe, I'll get some nice roses this year. So glad you're having success with the calorie staggering!! Congratulations on melting 1.5 pounds!

Today's workout was SSE Core Cardio and a 20 minute treadmill walk. I added some extra UB moves to make the workout a little longer. I'll pick up SS again next week where I left off. Need to complete my race without sore legs.

Happy Hump Day! Enjoy your day!

Crappy day...... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Just found out that my friend is discontinuing treatment for her cancer. All the options have been exhausted, and her mental & physical condition is just continuing to deteriorate rapidly. I knew this was most likely going to happen, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Probably no workout today. I just spent 2+ hours throwing boxes around in my basement looking for old college pictures in order to put a photo album together for her... a bunch of the old gang are doing the same. I am tired-- those boxes were heavy!!! :eek: DH is coming home from work early.

Wendy: Yay for the weight loss!!! Happy dance time! :)

Jackie: I wish we had sunshine today... it's been rainy again but now it's snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused::eek::confused::eek: It won't last, it's actually quite warm... but still. I'm ready for this teasing weather to be over.

Nice workouts, ladies!!! :D Hopefully I'll get back on track tomorrow. One day at time, right? :)

Mornin' Glories! :D

I see sun! I see sun! I hope it's warm out! I want to bring DS to the park later on! :)

So I used kb swings for my cardio intervals with Push y'day. That was TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH and I am SORE today. Gotta love it! :D Centergy class felt great last night. OHM! :p

Brighton: HUGS to you. I am so sorry your friend is going through this. So very sad. So young. It's just wrong! Stuff like this makes me MAD! :mad:

Jackie: Yeah as long as my rest days fall on a work day or a busy weekend day I am fine. I dread the day I have no choice but to take a rest day when I have nothing else to keep me busy. :eek: LOL

Today's work out is a TM run. Gotta work out the kinks. I definitely have kettlebell legs this morning! :D

Off I go! Have a great day!

Hi Cheetahs!

Brighton - So sorry to hear about your friend. ((((HUGS)))) Will say a prayer for her and you too. Nice of you to put an album together for her. Snow?? Don't send any of that this way. ;) Yes, one day at a time.

Wendy - Sounds like that was a butt kicking workout you did yesterday! Glad you're enjoying mixing things up. Yay for the DOMS!! Good when we have something to occupy our time to keep us away from the fridge. Good job with the run on those KB legs!

I did iTread #35 Joggers and Stretch Max #1. Thinking I may just walk tomorrow and do some stretching. I need to have fresh legs for Saturday.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie: Nice work out today. Good plan to go easy on the legs pre-race. You know I think I have ITrain work outs that I never downloaded onto my computer much less my Ipod!? I think the joggers work out is one of them too! Oh the horror! LOL I must fix that ASAP! :eek: So the book I am reading is definitely keeping my interest. It's like nothing I've ever read before. I never know what's gonna happen next so it keeps me turning the pages. DH asked what the book was about the other night while I was reading in bed. When I told him he laughed......and laughed.......AND LAUGHED! :D It IS quite the unbelievable story line I suppose but I'm enjoying it. :p My run today did NOTHING to ease up the DOMS from y'day's work out. :eek: I am not sure if I will be taking tmrw or Saturday as my rest day. I suppose the condition of my legs will help to answer that question after work tmrw. ;)

Good Morning Girls.

I've been up for 2 hours already. UGH! Couldn't sleep so up since 4am. BLECH. :eek: I considered doing Push for about 5 minutes but then quickly put it out of my mind. :p It's too early to lift that heavy...ESPECIALLY with legs as sore as mine still are! :eek: I am considering hitting the gym before work for a short cardio work out though. It wasn't part of the plan but I'm feeling rebellious today so we'll see! :D

Off to get more coffee....

HAH! No early morning gym visit for moi. I'm tired and ready to go back to bed now. I have to be in work at 9 though so that ain't gonna happen. :mad:

I am NOW considering packing myself a sandwich and work out clothes and perhaps jumping on the EXT for a little steady state cardio after my shift is over. I want to try and do Push 2 today but I am afraid of my sore legs. I am thinking some steady state not super intense cardio *might* help loosen 'em up for the weight work. Thoughts?

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - I found a couple of iTreads that I hadn't downloaded too. I don't know how I missed them because I thought I had most of the older ones. Glad you're enjoying your book. One day I'll find the time to pick up a good one and have time to read it. Sorry you couldn't sleep. The legs are still sore?? That was some workout! You'll be doing that again I presume. :D Hey, I lift heavy at 4:30 in the morning. :p Of course, I think it's too early sometimes but I have to get it done. I haven't dropped a weight on my foot yet - knock on wood! Did you decide to do a short cardio after all?

Brighton - How are things with your friend?

Laura - How are you coming along?

I did a 20 minute walk, abs and some foam rolling this morning. It was a nice easy workout. I'm all ready for my race tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that the rain stays away until I'm all done.

TGIF! Have yourself a fantastic Friday!

Good Evening Girls.

I opted for TJ Cardio Party with weighted gloves and Ab Burner.

I wasn't up for Push. These legs won't just not havin' it today! :eek: I opted out of resting today as well because doing Push tmrw while I am home alone with DS all day could stand to be difficult so I decided it wasn't worth it.

I will try to get to Centergy class tmrw morning for an active rest day if I can. If not, I'm not sweatin' it. I have the park planned and a trip to the food store to keep DS and myself busy for a while anyway. :)

Jackie: I get up early and can work out but I just can't phathom doing heavy lifting at that time! Endurance lifting or cardio-no problem, but not heavy lifting. It takes too much out of me and I just don't have that kind of oomph so early in the morning! LOL I suppose if I HAD to do it, I'd get used to it but I think I will wait until that time comes before I try it. :p Good job gettin' your work outs done first thing all the time. When I worked f/t I did my work outs after dinner. On weekends I would do 'em earlier but even then it wasn't until afternoon most times. :D

Brighton: Hope you are doing okay. Sending more hugs your way!!!!

Just wanted to say good morning and good luck to Jackie at her race today! I know you'll do FANTASTIC, girl! GO GO GO!!!!! :D

Hey girls--
I've gotta jet to get everyone ready for church but wanted to pop in and say hi & thanks for all the kind words and hugs!!!!!!! The last few days have been tough. We spent Friday up with Jen and her family, which was wonderful, but so difficult at the same time. She really could go at any time... The doctors told her 2 weeks to 2 months, and it has been 2 weeks so far. My heart just breaks for her husband... he is absolutely devastated. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Anyway, needless to say, the workouts have been a bit lackluster. Nothing since Wednesday. Hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow. Nothing like a fresh start on Monday.

Jackie, how did your race go???????? I'm so sorry I didn't get the chance to pop in and wish you luck beforehand. I'm sure you tore it up, though. ;):D:)

Wendy: Ah, love the Cardio Party. :) Those always break me out of a funk when I just don't have the motivation. Awesome week, as always! ;)

Well, gotta run... Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday-- the weather here has been absolutely glorious! Sending nothin' but sunshine your way, Jackie!!!!!!!!!!! :D;):cool:

Brighton: What you need to do now is pray for your friend to pass quickly and quietly. At this point, having her survive any longer sounds like it's only torture for everyone. She fought as hard as she could and now she needs to let go. I hope it's over very soon. Is she coherent enough to know what is going on? How are the kids doing? I don't even know her and I am tearing up as I write this...:(

Well I just finished my work out. I did Push Circuit 2, the first half of Interval X and the TJ 20 minute work out.

Yeah, it's a lot but I blew my low cal day y'day at dinner and have another bad dinner planned for tonight that I can't get out of so I did the extra cardio to help offset some of the damage. Tomorrow it's back to business but then on Tuesday we will likely be at my MIL's for dinner so it'll have to be counted as another high cal day. GRRRR. I hope this barrage of crappy dinners doesn't set me back too much. :mad:

Last edited:
Good Morning.

Today's work out will be Burn Intervals with KB swings inserted for the cardio portions. I must be outta my mind! :p

I blew it at my mom's y'day. She served unhealthy food and I ate more then I should have. I also had 2 beers and dessert. UGH. Oh well...atleast I put in an intense work out before hand and have another intense one planned for today. No scale for me today! :eek:

Today is a low cal day so it's back to eating healthy and watching my portions.

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.