Checking to check the chinning chicks...11/11

melodygirl

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

I'm not able to keep up with what's up but wanted to wave. I am continuing to workout and include inverted rows. My pushups are improving. Also,I am getting a serious additional daily workout putting Wil through his PT exercises at home. Watch out, I could develop guns!!!!:p :+

Wishing some fun and relaxation, along with chinups, for everyone.

SIS!! We miss you:-( :* :* :*

Briee, I ate an old fashioned glazed donut today in your honor.

I'm glad y'all liked the link to the premix breakdown. I will rely heavily upon it to figure out how to do the new workouts with the least possible amount of cardio:eek: :p :7 .

Have a great weekend, everyone!

>I will rely heavily upon it to figure out how to do the new workouts with the least possible amount of cardio.

That is SO FUNNY Michele!!

>ate an old fashioned glazed donut today in your honor.

I'm touched:D :D (and now I'm hungry)x( .

Melody. Give Wil a big hug from all of us and mention to him that he should probably start charging you (as he is kind of a workout facilitator type person). You are our hero. Bless you girl!!

Briee

Hey Melody, Michelle and Briee!

Michelle, your statement about doing the least amount of cardio cracked me up too! Good thing there's yoga, right?:)

Melody, you're definitely our hero! I'm so glad you and Will found each other.

Briee, your workouts have been amazing me lately. Are you still going strong?

I'm doing some an intense 90-min power yoga CD with a friend later on (the one with that "Bird of Paradise" pose I mentioned in an earlier post). What are the rest of you up to?

OK, grab those bars and pull women, pull!!!

Hi, just running through while schooling the boys. Does that count as my workout, running through that is?

OMG, the birds of the forest are banging on the glass doors and the windows which means I forgot to feed them. Better take care of that.

BTW I'm squeezing in workouts, PLB last night and PUB Saturday with inverted rows.

Wil is doing great, thanks for all the sweet words.

Happy Week to all:)

Soosan...tell that "bird of paradise" lady that I'm not speaking to her. (but inadvertantly mention to her that I do ONE INCREDIBLE treestand:eek: ).

I took Saturday and Sunday off....just incredibly busy and I think my legs NEEDED a break. Did I mention that I LOVE the new workouts? I'm going down to do something cardio-leg like and then working shoulders. I read the article that Debbie (fitnessfreak) listed a few days ago - LOVE IT. It goes over the DC method which is basically lifting really heavy with an explosive move and doing the negative portion at a SLOW count. ie...up 1-2 and down for 6. When you can't do anymore you break and breath 11-12 deep breaths and get back at it until you've done 11-16 or so total. Doesn't take long, but it's effective. I'm subbing sets of these for all of Cathe's upperbody work right now.

Hey Melody!! HB!! Joanne!! Janie?!! Catherine!!

Briee

Hey ladies!!!

Melody, glad to hear from you. How are the inverted rows going for ya? Those are definately tough, wish I had a good place to do them. So glad to hear Will is doing well. You are such an inspiration as a mom and in fitness!!!

Briee, That DC method sounds good. Where was the article posted?? (Open forum?) I have lost so much strength that I had gained with P90X. Oh and I am lovin' the new workouts too!!

Sooooooooooooosan, what is the bird of paradise exactly? Not that I'll ever be able to do it LOL!! I really do need to come up with a rotation that incorporates yoga.

Janie, Joanne, Deb how are ya?

Where's HB, haven't seen her around the forum at all. Hope she's ok.

Oh guys, I am so lucky. The physician that I work with is taking us all to Chicago for shopping for Christmas!! I am so excited!! She is one of the nicest people I know and is always doing things for people. So the week after I get back from Hawaii, I will go to Chicago. By the way are you ladies packed yet!!!

Oh and I did MM with chins today. Did a total of 27 chins. Back is sore!!

I heard this morning that a texas teen did something like 2900 chins in 12 hours to break some sort of record :eek: :eek: :eek:

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Hey gals. Checking in late today. had a looooong day with the car getting fixed for maintenance and then driving over something sharp in a parking lot and getting a flat tire :( Grrr. All is fixed now though.

Wow, I am not wanting to post under super Cath's w/o up there! ha! Great job, girlie! I did LIC today. This was my third of the four. I like to do them all straight through as produced first before I dissect for the parts ;) Overall I really enjoyed LIC. It went by fast. The strength moves were quite effective and there is room to grow. Again I love the functional fitness aspects. I did not care for the music. There would be songs I like that would just change over into really drawn out farty techno. Kind of distracting. I could imagine adding this workout to other goodies for a bang up job. I'd say BM2 and DM are neck in neck for cardio/endurance smack downs (depending upon how you choose to maim yourself). Remember I am saying this before I do butts o' fire ;)

Anyhoo, off to put a shmoopydoodle to bed and then chill for a bit. Tomorrow I'm planning a short run, spin, and MM. We shall see what the day brings...this is my mantra with a toddler :)

Deb
Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

Deb, thanks for the compliment. No worries- I can not top your 25 pound lat raises!!!! I am still askeered of you :+ LOL!! Plus sounds like you have one heck of a day planned tomorrow. All that with a toddler too :eek: :eek:

That farting noise in LIC is a little annoying. I have only done LIC cardio only and really like it. So I need to work in the full workout soon!!
Catherine

Pffft...well, I was impressed with the 2900, but he REALLY only did 2,446 - I listened to the clip:p :p :p :p .

Just came up from doing Cardio Fusion as is. Then did shoulder work ala DC (this was posted in the hardcore thread a few threads ago - I'll try to find the site). My shoulders are still burning. Then did chins. Only about 18 total, but the last rep in each set I lowered as slow as humanly possible. Next time I'll do 896}( .

And then after that, jesse's girl was calling...I just love that part so I did just BM2 #2 step combo. Going to bed soon, but it's only 9:08....maybe I'll read!!

Or maybe Mel will be posting and we can chat all night!!

Debbie...I love to read your posts, they are a blast!!!

Briee

Briee, the "Bird of Paradise Lady" is a man. I did, however, tell him you're not speaking to him and that you do a mean tree pose. I won't repeat his very unyogic response.:) Actually, my friend and I wound up doing a Baron Baptiste CD which is a great workout, but the guy talks INCESSANTLY. What is it with these yoga people? It's worse than Bryan Kest because he tries so hard to sound like a yoga dude, but his flowery metaphors are ridiculous.

Catherine, it's not fair that your workouts over the past few months have had to come in fits and spurts, but that you can still do 27 chin-ups!!! Isn't it funny that the teenager's last name is Armstrong? Next time you see him, please tell him I'm not speaking to him. Chicago sounds awesome! How far is it from you? DH and I went a couple years ago and had the best time. If you get a chance, I highly recommend you take one of those 60 min architectural boat tours. I don't know if it would be too cold - we went in the summer - but you get a fabulous view of the incredible buildings.

Debbie, I like the functiomal aspect of the workouts too. I also like that they're different from most of Cathe's other offerings so they're excellent for variety. I think your posts are great too.:) How old's your toddler?

I'm did PUB and 1/2 Yoga X yesterday and will do the "B" portion of B & G today. Who's tried Cardio Fusion? I've only done the 41 minute premix, but it was quite a workout!

<<<Catherine, it's not fair that your workouts over the past few months have had to come in fits and spurts, but that you can still do 27 chin-ups!!!

Believe me this has been a struggle to work my way back up to doing those. Still not back up to doing sets of 4 :( Goal is to do sets of 5. I think if I set a rotation and did them twice a week instead of once which I seem to average, I could make some better gains.

Briee, I told ABC news that kid has nothing on you and that you do yoga on your chinup bar!!! How's your knee? Must be ok judging by the step that you've been doing.

Not sure what cardio I'll do tonight when I get home. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,....

Catherine

Hey Soooooosan, Aiden was 2.5 on 10/8. He is a busy little dude to say the least!!

Today is a s 20 min run and spin at the gym. I love this instructor but he only goes like 35-40 min so I like to make it an hour cardio. I think I want to do MM when I get home. I need a good all over body frier. Either that or my full body GS mish mosh with some abs thrown in.

I am loving the new series especially since I now have a greater appreciation for functional fitness through my sports class. I do love heavy lifting, but I realize it doesn't have to be all the time. I think DM is going to edge out as a favorite in terms of butt kicking circuit that is not too obnoxiously long ;) wooooooo.

Hope you all are having a great start to your day!!!

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

I am loving the new series too.

Soooooosan-I am so glad I got a Yoga mat. It is so wonderful not to have my feet sliding around. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.