Check-In for week of 7-8-01 thru 7-15-01

DebbieH

Cathlete
Hi everyone! Hope my checking in early is okay. We are headed out for the evening and have several plans for tomorrow, so here goes:

Monday~Jogged 5 miles, 65 walking lunges, PS-CHEST, CTX-CHEST, :08 Minute ABS

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo in the morning, Jogged 2 miles in the afternoon, PS-BICEPS, CTX-BICEPS

Wednesday~PS-TRICEPS, CTX-TRICEPS, jogged 5 miles, (every 4th. lap, sprinted), 70 walking lunges, PS-BACK, CTX-BACK

Thursday~Taught a Hi/Lo class in the morning, PS-SHOULDERS, CTX-SHOULDERS, ABS from "All-Step", plankwork & reverse plankwork from Kickbox X-Press tape, roll-downs and ups from KB tape

Friday~75 walking lunges, CTX-Leaner LEGS, PS-LEGS (floorwork only and AB work), Spinning for 20 minutes in THR Zone, Cardio Kicks (power drills only)

Saturday~Jogged 4 miles, BodyMax-upper body segment with ABS

Sunday~REST!!!!

I am really enjoying combining the PS & CTX body parts doing one body part a day! I think I am starting to see some more definition too! http://mysmilies.com/s/cwm/aim/grinnin.gif I'm also enjoying my jogging something that has always been sooo hard for me to do for more then 1/2 hour. I have really built up my endurance by just taking it at a moderate pace. I am running 5 miles in about 14 minute miles but I am very happy with that. I'm working hard on trying to lean out my legs and I think if I keep this up, it MAY just work. Hope everyone's week is going well and no injuries or sickness out there. Look forward to reading about your week. BTW, Kennedy is doing GREAT! Nana & PaPa get to babyist her next Friday AND Saturday! Can't wait. Talk to you all soon,. We are headed to the theater tonight to see "The Score" with DeNiro. Glad I got my workout in before I indulge in http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/cwm/3dlil/lurk.gif Happy Weekend All!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

The Score

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-01 AT 08:15PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-01 AT 10:04 PM (Est)[/font]

Hi Debbie! I'm not ready to check in yet, but I just wanted to let you know that I saw The Score last night and thought it was REALLY good...hope you enjoy it. I really like Edward Norton (?)--I think that's his name... he was in Fight Club, which I loved (though it was too violent for some...) and several other movies that I have really liked. What a great job he does in The Score!
Anyway, your week was, as usual, terrifically inspiring, and I'll post mine tomorrow :)
PS where are all your cute little guys coming from???
Wendy

Ok, here's my week--I'm doing PS as intended, with the heaviest weight I can handle. I don't think I've ever done it this way before... My cardio was a bit lacking, but I have been burning up the calories at work getting the school ready for fall--hauled 450 pounds of clay to the art studio on Wednesday!...

MONDAY: rest (wiped out from the heat at school--114 degree day!)

TUESDAY: PS CST

WEDNESDAY: CTX KB + CK kick drills

THURSDAY: Stepfit wu + AllStep wu, cardio abs, and stretch

FRIDAY: PS BBA

SATURDAY: Imax wu + MIC step (no intervals, too hard to modify to low impact) + CK power drills, cd, and stretch

SUNDAY: will do PS SLA and 45 min cardio, but my knee is hurting because I did a lot of the high impact from KB on Wednesday (dumb), so I'll be modifying again...**Sunday update: did CTX Power Circuit wu and circuits, + Circuit Max circuits (but not the upper body stuff), + PS deadlifts and calf raises.

Have lovely weeks, everyone!

Debbie H and Wendy: I have not seen The Score yet, but I *LOVE* Ed Norton. He's such a great actor....I believe he was in a movie called "American History X" (something that sounds like that) and he was GREAT in it!

Anyway, Wendy, glad to hear you enjoyed the movie cuz I'm planning to see it also! Debbie, let me know how you liked it!

As for my week:

Monday: PS Legs (Standing Only)

Tuesday: Nothing (feeling lazy and sorry for myself)

Wednesday: Circuit Max

Thursday: TKO Boxing/Ab work

Friday: Body Max (the whole thing! Damn, that tape kicks my butt every time!!!)

Saturday: Meant to do yoga, but got an early start on my day with my 11-year-old son shopping around, so yet another lazy day.

Sunday: Haven't decided yet but I bought myself new Ryka Revolution sneakers today and DEFINITELY have to try them out tomorrow!!!

Enjoy your week, everyone!

Terri

Hi Debbie, Wendy, and Terri!! Debbie, I'm doing one part a day too!! But only with CTX, I figured come this Mon I'd add in PS with it. Is it hard going from slow to fast or fast to slow with the reps? Wendy, Glad you enjoyed the movie!! Me and my DH were just talking about going to see it too! Terri, have fun with your new sneakers!! I'm due for a new pair, let me know how you like RYKA. I've never owned a pair of theirs.
An ok week for me. Just pluggin' along until the new tapes come. However, I have noticed an increase in my strength since going to one body part per day. In the past I've always done 2 bodypart with CTX, but I'm kinda' liking this:)! Ok, onto to my week!!

MON: Yoga, CTX chest, and IMAX

TUES: Yoga, CTX back, and StepJam

WED: Yoga and Leaner Legs

THURS: Yoga, CTX shoulders, and Intense Moves

FRI: Yoga, CTX triceps, CTX Kickbox (cardio), And CTX Allstep (cardio)

SAT: CTX biceps and Step Heat

SUN: YOGA and REST!!!!!!

OK, have a great week everybody!! BTW Debbie, how do you do those cool new emotion icons?? Too Cool!!

Aimee

In a rut...

Since my spinning bike broke and I can't run far because of my injured glute, I have been basically doing the same thing every day. I have to figure out something different.

I have been doing a one body part/day rotation also and love it. I did one last year and was very happy with the results. I'm starting with the CTX workout, then add on the exercises that will be on the Slow & Heavy series.

Here's my week:

Monday: Run 2 miles, stairstepper - 40 minutes, Power Circuit (cardio) plus walking lunges (great idea, Debbie!)
Chest - pm

Tuesday: Run 4 miles, stairstepper - 25 minutes, CTX kickbox (cardio)
Back - pm

Wednesday: Run 2 miles, stairstepper - 25 minutes, Bodymax - first two sections, walking lunges
Shoulders - pm

Thursday: Run 4 miles, stairstepper - 30 minutes, MIC hi/lo
Biceps - pm

Friday: Run 2 miles, slide - 20 minutes, MIC step, Cardio Kicks - drills
Triceps - pm

Saturday - Run 2 miles, stairstepper - 30 minutes, Circuit Max (cardio only, doing only lower body work), Walking lunges, PS SLA

Sunday - run, stairstepper, video - AGAIN, chest - pm

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Erica

American History X...

Yes! I couldn't remember the name of that movie, but he WAS great in that. He is different in each part I've seen him play--rare for many actors! And he's cute , too ;-).
Wendy
PS Isn't it a great feeling to do all of Bodymax!!! Whoopee for you, Terri !

RE: In a rut...

Erica, your week looks a lot better than mine, rut and all. Eveyrone's week looks great which makes my pitiful week look even more pitiful. I have been having back trouble for about six months now....don't scream at me, I did go to the doctor this week. He told me it was muscle. I could have told him that. He gave me something to take but so far it really has not helped. I have sort of taken it easy this week but it's driving me crazy!!!!!

MONDAY: A.M. 2 mile walk with hubby P.M. 3 hours yard work

TUESDAY: 1 hour yard work

WEDNESDAY: Pure and Simple Stretch I had put in Powermax and could not do it because of my back. Needless to say I went to the doctor on Thursday. Very aggravating.

THURSDAY: Nothing

FRIDAY: Nothing

SATURDAY: 3 mile walk

Hope everyone has a great week.

Kelly

Not a bad week, FOR ME, but I failed to jump on the PS-CTX-Bodymax bandwagon for working body parts. I just did PS, and that was just fine. I don't have the time or energy to do more than that!

Sunday: PS Legs standing only and PS BBA, entire tape

Monday: Imax and PS floor work

Tues: Taebo Live Advanced 2 and PS Chest

Wed. Walked outside and PS Shoulders

Thurs. Circuit Max and extra step ups, leg extensions and leg curls with Ultratoner.

Friday: Walked 45 minutes and did my own extensive triceps workout with ankle weights instead of dumbbells and my Xertube with the door attachment. Also went to the Fremont, OH Y and did some inner & outer thigh work on their weight machines.

Sat. Rested.

I have to start experimenting for the Pillsbury bakeoff. First round of trial runs next week. I have until OCt. 15 to perfect something.

RE: American History X...

Wendy:
Yeah, he looked REALLY cute in American History X...I think he "beefed" up a bit for the part.

And yes, you didn't get a high once being done with Body Max! I especially love the fact that at 41 years old, I can still tackle it!

Terri

RE: Not much of a cardio week for me

Hi everyone

I am playing a lot of ball this next two weeks and I don't really consider that cardio but in not wanting to overdue anything....

Anyway, here was my week:

Monday - rest

Tuesday - PS CST in a.m. and double header ball game in p.m. (played all 14 innings)

Wednesday - rest

Thursday - ball game in p.m.

Friday - PS SLA (55# barbell)

Saturday - played ball in a co-ed tournament (2 games in the hot sun and then had to work 4 hours at the beer gardens) long day.

Sunday - playing ball again - probably 2 games at least

Have a good week everyone.

Kim

What a week! So busy I only have one day of what I did written in my log.

Sun. nothing

Mon. About 28 min. of 2K02, then a little SLA abs. Was discouraged cause I hurt my knees. So, no cardio the rest of the week except Friday (only a little).

Tue. BMax and CTX shoulders

Wed. PS and CTX biceps

Thur. PS and CTX chest

Fri. PS and CTX back and a little of Bodymax cardio.

Sat. Oops! Walked around in my workout clothes and never worked out. That means no triceps this week.

Andrea

Kim...

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-01 AT 01:00PM (Est)[/font][p]I'm not exactly sure how I injured it. At first, I thought it was from doing floorwork (an old video) with bad form. But now I think it was an overuse injury from running. I took a month off from running and just started again slowly last week. It hurts in the upper/outer glute area and I only feel it when I run - feels like someone is pinching me in the butt while I am running.

Kelly - I hope your back feels better soon!!! Sounds very uncomfortable.

Honeybunch - Can't wait to hear how your baking experiments go for the bakeoff - yum!!!

Erica

Hey Erica!

That sounds like Sciatica??? I had it once and it DOES feel like something is pinching you! BUMMER! Got your E-mail. I'll talk to Murph and see what she says. Thanks for the offer to pick her up.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Thanks Wendy!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-01 AT 02:56PM (Est)[/font][p]Looks like you are working hard too! Hope your knee gets better soon. It sure puts a damper on our workouts, doesn't it? Take some time to ice!!

The little guys are from:
Code:
http://www.plaudersmilies.de/
When you get to that page, click on the individual icons (at the top) to see more in that same catagory. Whew~114*! http://www.plaudersmilies.de/natur/sunny.gif I give you lots of credit for exercising with those temps. Keep up the good work.

Hey Erica!

Sorry to hear that your glute is still giving you grief! Your workout sounds incredible in spite of your injury. 2-4 mile jogs are not for the weary! Hang in there and hopefully, SOON, you will have relief.

My Rest Week.....

Or as close to a rest week as I'm going to come! ;-)

Hi Folks...

I take off on Wed. a.m. for the Day Zero of the AidsRide and I'm excited/nervous. Opening Ceremonies are actually Thurs. morning! Our schedule is 85 miles Thurs. & Friday, 110 on Saturday and 50 on Sunday!!! NanC should be coming to visit me on night #2 to make sure I'm alive.. Right NanC??? ;-) I've trained long and hard for this and I'm sure it will be an AWESOME ADVENTURE!!!!! Something I will remember for the rest of my life.

So, here it is:

Monday: Rest Day

Tuesday: Biked 9.06 miles

Wednesday: Biked 28.65 miles (last long ride -- with my partner who's doing the Alaska Vaccine ride.. we hope to continue to ride after we each do our rides!!!! Wahhhhooooooooo.....)

Thursday: Rest Day

Friday: Biked 12 miles on TOTALLY flat ground. Didn't think there was such a thing around here, but came as close as I could! Went to a WildLife Reserve and just tooled around looking at everything! Very relaxing.

Saturday: Rest day (and started to pack -- having to keep my entire duffel bag under 35 lbs. YIKES.. that's sleeping bag included.)

Sunday: Rest day (still packing, cleaning my van, finishing up some last minute things and getting TERRIBLY antsy... I'm sure I'll be doing something tomorrow...)

Hope everyone has a great week. Next Sunday, I will be riding into Boston some time during the day and the closing ceremonies are at 4:00 p.m! Any VF'ers or Cathe-ites in Boston, come on down to Charles Street and see the festivities.....

Till next week with my LATE check in...
It promises to be a GOODIE! :)
Cleda

Hi Everyone!

Last night my DH's old co-ed softball team, Riff-Raff, celebrated their 20th anniversary. Lots of roster changes over the years & I think the offspring could now form one heck of team. The "manager" put together a slide show, few softball shots, mostly trips to San Francisco, backpacking & camping trips the team has taken over 2 decades. There were some shots of DH & I backpacking that shocked me. I had great legs! DH assures me that my arms are much better now, but boy I'd like to have those legs back. Ought to put that photo on my fridge for inspiration!

Mon: trot/walk for 30 min; Firm II w/ sis
Tue: cycle 22 miles (flat)
Wed: Spinning; MIS upper body & abs
Thu: trot/walk for 30 min
Fri: cycle 33 miles (hills); MIS w/ sis (the whole thing)
Sat: nada - road trip (boy were the legs tired from Friday)
Sun: trot/walk tonite when it cools off

Still doing a weight workout with my sister twice a week. MIS was pushing it, but I wanted straight forward training & she hung in there. On the bike, I'm trying to do lots of hill work while keeping my heart rate below 80% (following Spinning instructor's advice). Lots of visitors & social activities this month, so it's hard to do everything I want. Pilates & stretching have gotten squeezed out. Oh well.

Have a great week everyone!
Debra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.