Check-in for week July8-July14

DebbieH

Cathlete
Hi everyone! Hope you don't mind me getting us started. We are headed to the Indians game in awhile and I have a few things on the agenda for tomorrow. Hope your week went well. I just finished my 11th. week of my DH doing strength work with me. He has not missed any workouts, except one, due to his being out of town! Yipeeee! He actually looks forward to what we are going to do each week. I must say though, he loves the S&H Series the best and can't wait to do it again. Okay, here's my week:

MONDAY~Jogged 2 miles, Firm Cardio Split (lower body weight work only 20 mins), PS-BACK, BICEPS, ABS & Lower Back work

TUESDAY~Taught a Hi/Lo class, PS-CHEST, SHOULDERS & TRICEPS

WEDNESDAY~PS-LEGS & ABS, Jogged 3 miles

THURSDAY~Taught a Hi/Lo class

FRIDAY~Practiced routines for Fall session for one hour, Jogged 1 mile

SATURDAY~MIS, (MIS W-U on the step is hubby's first attempt at using step-OH BOY!!! Let's just say he laughs at himself!) IMax :-tired

SUNDAY~REST!!! :7 :7 :7

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's week. GO INDIANS!!! Beat those Yanks again!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Everyone,
I had a good week but now I am trying to decide weather I should take today off or if I should go for a run.We are having a BBQ and I am wondering if it will get in the way.
Sunday: interval max

Monday: jogged 40 min

Tuesday: ran 10 kms, tri,bic,sho,che,ba,abs

Wedesday: 10-10-10 ,first part of rythmic step,legs and ba in power hour

Thurs: Ran 8 kms, walked 4 kms

Friday: power strike, tri,bic,sho
Saturday: hopefully will be a run
Hope everyone haves a great week, I just ordered 4 more videos.(sorry cathe, I am waiting for you)ordered powerstrike #1,cory eversons get hard series,and tamilee webbs I want that body D.V.D
I find it hard to get use to other instructors aerobics,I am not a creature of change.But I think I will be able to handle weight lifting.
Lori

My week:

Sun. 55 min. run

Mon. rest

Tue. Hills on treadmill for 3 mi., MIS upper body and abs, Power Hour lower body + 2 sets of deadlifts.

Wed. 4 mi. run

Thu. rest

Fri. 5 mi. run in the city on concrete sidewalks...ouch x(

Sat. Off I go to do Power Hour upper body and abs. Then I'll jump in the pool with my guys for an evening swim.

My 4 mi. uphill race in the mountains is this coming Sat. Let's hope I make it!

Andrea

Hi all -

My goal was to work out 5 days this week and I did. Yeah!

Mon-CTX Chest/Shoulders/Triceps + All Step (cardio only)

Tue-Meaner Legs + 50 min. walk

Wen-Walked 7 miles to workout pain in legs from yesterday's workout

Thr-CTX Back/Biceps/Abs + Kickbox (cardio only) + 50 min. walk

Fri-Imax + floorwork from PSLA

Sat-REST

Sun-REST

I'm thinking about doing the tank top rotation next week. Haven't decided yet though. Have a great week everyone! :)

Here was my week:

M: Circuit Max

T: 20 minute jog and CTX Step & Intervals

W: Power Hour

T: 20 minute jog and CTX Kickbox

F: S&H Bi & Tri

S: S&H Legs & Shoulders

S: Rest--should have done S&H Chest & Back, but was too busy and tired! Will do it tomorrow.

Have a nice week!

Cruncholi

Andrea - Good Luck!

Actually, more importantly: Have Fun!

The altitude will slow you but hopefully it will be cooler than you're used to dealing with. We've been getting a bit of your heat lately - yuck. Remember to taper & drink lots of water on your drive. I know I sound like a Mom (or a sargeant).

Debra

RE: Andrea - Good Luck!

Thanks Debra! I have a two hour drive and definitely plan on drinking lots. I've been playing around with hydration and nutrition and finding out some good things!

I've missed you in the check-in.

Yes, our heat is the pits. The only good time to run is at 5 am. Since my hubby leaves for work at 4:20 am that leaves me to run at night, and it still WAY too hot. So after this race I'm probably gonna stick to videos and my spin bike until it's time to start training for my 10K in October. Did you do your race yet? I want to say you did, but I can't remember.

Andrea

Hi, KS!

I'm asuming you're talking to me~Yes, we saw the end of it on TV! Couldn't believe it. We wondered how many fans left early to miss that grand finale! We went to the games on Thursday and Saturday and they lost both of them. But, they won both Friday & Sunday's games. Guess we need to stay away from the park! ;-)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Andrea - Good Luck!

Hi Andrea!

DH & I ran our "high elevation" event in June at Park City. Even though we went a few days early, we still felt the elevation (7000') but we're not youngsters anymore (just eat like it). It was fun but my 10k time was slower than I'd hoped. DH ran his first 1/2 marathon & while he did great, he didn't feel great. He come home & knocked off a independent 15 miler & felt awesome.

DH is shooting for a marathon in October. I'll probably do the 1/2. Run is at sea level along the coast - Long Beach. Is your 10K in Vegas? Looks like we'll be in training mode about the same time.

Good to "talk" with you.
Andrea

RE: Hi, KS!

Hi Debbie,
Yes, I meant you! Posted int he wrong place, and then couldn't fix it.
Anyway it was nice to see them have such a great win after all the problems that they have been having lately.

Debra and Debbie!

Debra I'll have to post once in a while during our training and see how you're doing. Or maybe for motivation! I really don't want to walk during this race, but I'm afraid I will be. We'll see. I'll definitely let ya know at next weeks check-in. Yes, my 10K is in Vegas. I must not be young anymore either. I took my boys swimming yesterday in the next town and my little bro met us there. He is 5 years younger than me. One of the kids in the pool asked if I was his Mom! My friend told me, it all goes downhill at 27. Maybe she was right?!

Debbie, C.J. is going with me. We're gonna leave the kids with my other little bro. It's hard for C.J. to keep them entertained the whole time. If the race is at a park, it's fine, but they'll be waiting in the parking lot of the ski lodge.

Thanks again guys!
Andrea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.