'Chapters' Bar in Full-Screen Mode

MomInVT

Cathlete
Hi,
When I watch the new videos On Demand and use full-screen mode, the horizontal 'Chapters' bar remains in the middle of the screen, obstructing a little part of the video. I'm still able to play the videos. I haven't mentioned this problem yet (though it's been there all along) because I know you're working hard to load and de-bug everything.
I have updated and installed the latest version of Adobe Flash and restarted my computer, so that's not it.
Thanks so much for all your hard work!
Roz

Hi,
When I watch the new videos On Demand and use full-screen mode, the horizontal 'Chapters' bar remains in the middle of the screen, obstructing a little part of the video. I'm still able to play the videos. I haven't mentioned this problem yet (though it's been there all along) because I know you're working hard to load and de-bug everything.
I have updated and installed the latest version of Adobe Flash and restarted my computer, so that's not it.
Thanks so much for all your hard work!
Roz

If you're referring to the scrubber bar a the bottom of the player it only shows when you hover your mouse over the player in normal view.In full screen view it's located at the very bottom of the screen and shouldn't interfere with viewing. It will also only show for a few seconds and then vanish unless you leave your mouse over it. Sounds like you're leaving your mouse over the scrubber bar? If not let us know more details.

If you're referring to the scrubber bar a the bottom of the player it only shows when you hover your mouse over the player in normal view.In full screen view it's located at the very bottom of the screen and shouldn't interfere with viewing. It will also only show for a few seconds and then vanish unless you leave your mouse over it. Sounds like you're leaving your mouse over the scrubber bar? If not let us know more details.
Thanks for the quick reply.
No, I'm not talking about the scrubber bar. It's the bar on top of the screen view that says the word 'Chapters'. When I toggle to full screen, the gray bar remains mid-screen, slicing the screen in half horizontally.
Thanks again,
Roz

Thanks for the quick reply.
No, I'm not talking about the scrubber bar. It's the bar on top of the screen view that says the word 'Chapters'. When I toggle to full screen, the gray bar remains mid-screen, slicing the screen in half horizontally.
Thanks again,
Roz

Which browser and version are you using and which device are you using?

Which browser and version are you using and which device are you using?
I'm using a laptop with Windows 8.
Hmm... I just tried several browsers and it looks like I have this problem with Firefox 34.0.5 and SeaMonkey 2.24, but not with Internet Explorer. I do prefer to use Firefox, so would like figure out a solution to the Chapters bar in Firefox, but it looks like I can use Explorer if necessary.
Thanks again,
Roz

The browsers we we support are chrome, safari and IE 11 (IE 11 will not work in full screen view for the chapters menu). Sea Monkey is not something we intend on supporting as very few customers use this browser. Firefox is kind of borderline as to whether we want to spend the time to make our products work on this browser. Firefox has been dropping rapidly in popularity among our viewers and we see this trend continuing.

We offer multiple ways to view our chapters and depending on your browser's version, device and OS will determine which functions work on which browser. Chrome and Safari are the best browsers to use for our streaming videos

That happens to me, too, using Firefox. I just ignore it. We are getting new software, soon, so - hopefully - that will help.

The browsers we we support are chrome, safari and IE 11 (IE 11 will not work in full screen view for the chapters menu). Sea Monkey is not something we intend on supporting as very few customers use this browser. Firefox is kind of borderline as to whether we want to spend the time to make our products work on this browser. Firefox has been dropping rapidly in popularity among our viewers and we see this trend continuing.

We offer multiple ways to view our chapters and depending on your browser's version, device and OS will determine which functions work on which browser. Chrome and Safari are the best browsers to use for our streaming videos
Thanks to you both...
It looks like the Chapters menu actually does work in IE (not sure if it's 11). I've also downloaded Safari. And gypsymom, I agree, in a pinch the bar across the screen isn't a dealbreaker.
Roz

If you use Firefox and now hit refresh and try again the horizontal bar in full screen view that was showing in the middle of the screen is now gone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.