Chantix

pugsrule

Cathlete
Hi there,

Has anyone used Chantix to quit smoking? I have just started it this week. Can anyone tell me about the effectiveness/side effects?

Thanks!

Yes I used it and it works great, especially after one month, get the next month's supply for sure. No side effects really, it is a godsend.

Smoking was my last bad habit and I wish you the best with Chantix.

How does it work? Does it just make you not want to smoke? DH and I are getting ready to quit (again) and can use all the help we can get. Smoking is our last bad habit too and the hardest to give up!

I took my first Chantix dose this morning, and I'm hoping it really helps. I've heard many success stories, and my doctor was very enthusiastic about it. Here is a blurb from the web site:

Chantix gives you the same feel good factor that nicotine gives. However, Chantix blocks nicotine from binding with the receptors and prevents it from aggravating your cells further. Chantix doesn't have any of the addictive features of nicotine. Chantix can lead you out of nicotine addiction by gradually withdrawing you from the menace, and by giving you the feel of the nicotine effect even without taking it. Chantix makes quit smoking easy.

www.chantix.com

The only potential side effect my doctor advised me of was nausea, but that's why you begin with the "starter" package to gradually build up the dosage. The web site lists a few more:

Nausea
Sleep disorder
Gas
sleeplessness
Constipation
Headache
Loss of taste

Good luck!

Jennifer

My friend's mom smoked for over forty years and just quit using this drug. She thinks it's a wonder drug!!! She had tried many times and was never able to quit before.

Yes, its strange, all of a sudden (after letting it get into your system for at least three weeks) you begin to lose interest in smoking. Seriously, it takes the pleasure out of it or something! I am so happy for you and your DH, smoking is the hardest.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.