Change in w/o routine-Okay??

Missklp27

Cathlete
Sorry, this is long....
I have been working out with Cathe in a steady 5-6 day weight and cardio routine since January, mixing up the rotations of course. I have recently been playing Co-ed softball on Tuesdays. I also now have a job waitressing which is going to be on Mondays and Fridays. This really cuts into my w/o schedule. What I am asking is, is it really going to make a difference in my routine?(Im trying for muscle tone and strength, not weight loss). I mean, they are both active activities so Its not like Im sitting on my butt for those few hours. On the days I play softball I do an ab routine when I come home. When I play softball sometimes I run more days than others but I defintly do hit and throw the ball on all the days. (about an 1 1/2)
Now, on the days I wait tables, Im not always running around like crazy, but I am moving and on my feet for about 4 hours, and lifting trays and piles of plates and heavy bins of silverware, etc. On these days sometimes I come home and do some ab work if Im not that tired, but most of the times I dont.
I just feel guilty in a way like my muscles are lacking because on the days I now do other activities, I used to lift weights. Now, on the other free days, I lift weights and have one cardio day, and the days I waitress I use as my cardio days or a rest day. My softball day is sort of a rest day as well. I want to make sure I am still getting the best workout for my muscles to continue to grow and become toned. I dont want any delays.

Thanks!!!!
Karen

How long have you been doing this routine (working and softball). I would wait and see how your body responds before making any changes to your current w/o plan. You may have been getting in enough working out to sustain your level of fitness before you added new life activities.

Tamikka

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.