Cereal - What kind do you eat?

goldenpath

Cathlete
I enjoy eating cereal some mornings but am curious what kind of cereal is good to eat. What cereal do you eat? I really like granola but heard that should be avoided if I am trying to lose weight.

Kashi Cinnamon Harvest (shredded wheat), Kellogs All Bran, Cascadian Farm Vanilla Crunch, Whole Foods Muesli (which I buy in bulk). But my favorite is steel-cut oats!

Carola

Kashi Go Lean (13g protein) with soy milk every day! Yum! The protein really keeps me satisfied. Last week, I only had chocolate Soy Slender to pour on - it was pretty good!

Love all the Kashi cereals too!! Right now I am working on a box of Fiber one honey clusters. Five grams of protein, 13 grams of fiber....call me weird, but I love it sprinkled on my cottage cheese for a snack. Much tastier than the original Fiber one, which pretty much looks and tastes like guinea pig food(not that I have tasted his pellets of anything....heehee). Can't beat the fiber grams, though!

Donna

I only eat Steal cut oats if I do cereal. I tried Kashi Go Lean crunch and it gave me gas. So, I stick to steal cut oats, or fruit, or eggs.

Kathy

I can't eat just one kind of cereal. I have a big container and I mix five or so different kinds and then just have it with soy milk and sliced banana. Currently, the container has Bran Flakes, All Bran, organic granola (just a teensy bit), Cheerios and a bit of Oatmeal Squares.

I also really like steel cut oats, again with soy milk and sliced banana.

Another Kashi gal here. I love the GoLean & sometimes add just a sprinkle of GoLean crunch. I also mix Fiber one in my yogurt or oatmeal too.

I love Oatmeal squares but they're a bit higher in cals. I am really more of an oatmeal gal. ;-) If I eat cereal, it's generally for an afternoon snack & I have it w/ light soymilk & strawberries. :)

Mainly oatmeal but when I am ready for a change (because I just can't take it anymore) I do the frosted shredded wheats. Trader Joe's has a brown sugar one that is yum.

We also like the kashi crunch. I can't hear anything when I am eating it, but it is yummy! LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.