cauliflower as mashed potatoes

scm

Cathlete
I had a recipe for making "mashed potatoes" by using cauliflower ~ and I cannot locate it. I've never made it before and was wondering if anyone here has and/or any good website that have recipes.
Thanks so much.
Susan C.M.

I love cauliflower as mashed potatoes. So much so, I don't really miss the real thing. My husband won't even try them because they're "vegetables" (oh no!). I'm not sure what he thinks potatoes are. :D

I think one of my low carb cookbooks calls them "faux-tatoes". Let me know if you still need the recipe, and I'll post it. Candi's, right about making them pretty much like regular mashed potatoes, though.

I LOVE cauliflower mashed potatoes too!!! And my husband won't eat them either. Most of my recipies are trial and error but this works for me every time. I cook the cauliflower in broth first. Then I put the drained cauliflower in the food processor with seasonings (like Mrs. Dash, Mixed up salt and Mixed up pepper, what ever you like.) Add fat free cream cheese and a little butter substitute (Butter buds or spray butter or Mollies etc). You shouldn't need extra fluids because the cauliflower holds water pretty well. Process until smooth. Yum! I love it.

I loved it, but I love Cauliflower. The consistency is not the same as mashed potatoes, but I thought the taste was pretty close.

Carrot/Kara

Yes, please send me your recipe too that would be great.
Susan C.M.

Angela....I'm laughing at your post....I thought the same thing. Let us know what were doing wrong!!!!

Briee

RE: Carrot/Kara

Hi Susan.

Now that I'm looking at my cookbook, it's pretty much what the others have said: 1.5 lbs. frozen cauliflower steamed or microwaved until soft, drain, then puree in blender or food processor, add 4 tbs. butter and S&P to taste.

She also has a version that adds 1/3 c. cream cheese, 1 tbs. butter during pureeing. I guess you could always add garlic, too.

It seems like you have to tinker with some low-carb recipes to get it just right.

Glad I'm not the only one. I like cauliflower ok, but it *ain't* potatoes!x(

How are you doin', Briee? We need to get another ecto update thread goin'!

Doin' fine thanks!!!! Yes I feel an ecto update comin on....I feel a big one..... (can you tell what workout I did this morning?)

I'm pretty close to being a full fledged ecto again. Hope your doing well with the new "stuff" your taking, keep us updated!!

Briee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.